What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Darren Senter Retires

Mighty Tiger

Bench
goangod said:
He is all those things - but a dirty player too. Everyone here goes on about how much they hate Stephen Kearney for what he did to McCracken, or for what Lamb did to Hanley in the GF or what Williams did to O'Neill - yet when one of our OWN players consistently uses cheap shots and underhanded tactics , then we defend him. Hypocrisy.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Please stop it :lol: :lol: :lol:

To even compare him in the same sentence as players such as Kearney, Lamb or even Williams is ridiculous - Please explain to all of us a Cheap shot that Senter has done which could put him in to the same category as the 3 players you mention he is with since after all you request facts on such a regular basis how about you show us one!!!!

ozcrusader

Bench
To even compare him in the same sentence as players such as Kearney, Lamb or even Williams is ridiculous - Please explain to all of us a Cheap shot that Senter has done which could put him in to the same category as the 3 players you mention he is with since after all you request facts on such a regular basis how about you show us one!!!!

:lol:

Mate, can you read? Do you actually comprehend things or say the first stupid thing that comes into your head? This is what I said:

"yet when one of our OWN players consistently uses cheap shots and underhanded tactics , then we defend him"

LOL.
I never said he did what Kearney/Williams etc did - I said he consistently uses cheap shots and people defend him. Now, not only do I question your intelligence but also your literacy & comprehension skills as well. :roll:

Mighty Tiger

Bench
goangod said:
You claim I have nothing to good to say about our club

We don't claim it, enough proof is in your posts when ever you decide to pop into the Wests Tigers forum :oops:

goangod said:
Then you say "Given our record...." - referring to our pathetic record so far.

Yes it is a pathetic record however when the side is performing then they do deserve to get some credit unlike you negative BS

goangod said:
If you demand and expect the best, then you'll get it. I pity people who are satisfied with mediocrity - it is a reflection on you more than anything else.

And you call yourself a christian - as far as I'm aware God never demanded anything not to mention excpecting the best at all times :roll:

Did I say I am satisfied with mediocrity??? yet again you assumptions lead you astray something we are all too familuar with :roll:

I am a realist unlike your holy self :roll:

I know the Wests Tigers won't win the comp this year and I knew that at the start of the season and sure I'm not happy being able to think that but at the same time to say with the side we do have on the park I am happy that they are at least a chance of making the top 8 (yes I would prefer them in the top 8, and in case you havn't realised I don't bag the ref in games we have lost by small margins but I have blamed the players for being in that position)

For a person who demands and expects the best I'm sure you no doubt live a very poor and depressed life and god help you!

innsaneink

Referee
He is all those things - but a dirty player too. Everyone here goes on about how much they hate Stephen Kearney for what he did to McCracken, or for what Lamb did to Hanley in the GF or what Williams did to O'Neill - yet when one of our OWN players consistently uses cheap shots and underhanded tactics , then we defend him. Hypocrisy.

Would you care to remind us about these cheap shots .

Mighty Tiger

Bench
goangod said:
I never said he did what Kearney/Williams etc did

You put him in the same class as those 3 players, something Senter is not!

You still have failed to produce such facts for your argument, but hey it's evident that you practice what you preach isn't it :roll:

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Wow 3 people goangod in about 5 minutes already asking you for facts I guess we are all blind supports and can't see the light like you can :lol: :lol:

ozcrusader

Bench
Mighty Tiger said:
We don't claim it, enough proof is in your posts when ever you decide to pop into the Wests Tigers forum :oops:

When this club does something good - ie like make the semis - then I'll be happy. Until then, I'll continue criticising them till they improve.

As I said before, I criticised them under Lamb/Langmack and copped sh*t for that as well. But then we go out and hire Sheens - an experienced coach which I had been calling for all along. So, should I have criticised them under Lamb/Langmack? Or should I have joined the 'positive brigade' and started cheering everytime we got whipped by 50 points? :roll:

Yes it is a pathetic record however when the side is performing then they do deserve to get some credit unlike you negative BS

Thank you for agreeing with my point.

And you call yourself a christian - as far as I'm aware God never demanded anything not to mention excpecting the best at all times :roll:

I love how non Christians talk about Christianity and God - it's hilarious. Please, keep it coming. :lol:

Did I say I am satisfied with mediocrity??? yet again you assumptions lead you astray something we are all too familuar with :roll:

You blame others for criticising a mediocre team. You support the efforts of a mediocre player calling him a 'great champion'. It is obvious you are satisfied with mediocrity.

I am a realist unlike your holy self :roll:

LOL. So why won't your 'realism' allow you to admit Darren Senter was a cheap shot merchant? I haven't disagreed with the tenacious/tough/loyal conments made about him because they are true. But I also see his negatives and IMO they far outweigh the positives. But you can't bring yourself to admit the truth - you aren't a realist, you're a tyical blinkered (probably ex Balmain) one eyed supporter.

I know the Wests Tigers won't win the comp this year and I knew that at the start of the season and sure I'm not happy being able to think that but at the same time to say with the side we do have on the park I am happy that they are at least a chance of making the top 8 (yes I would prefer them in the top 8, and in case you havn't realised I don't bag the ref in games we have lost by small margins but I have blamed the players for being in that position)

I want them to win the comp. I want a top 4 position every year. I want crowds through the gates. I want representative players. I want an strong experienced coach and a fair and respected captain. I want junior talent coming up through the ranks and sponsorship dollars flowing in. I want a professional club with a competent management and hard work ethos. I want all that - and i want it now. I'm not interested in excuses. Im not interested in petty arguments. I want results.

Football, like any sport is cyclical - nothing explains our cellar dweller status for over a decade other than rank incompetence. And that, is what I will always criticise - whether you like it or not.

ozcrusader

Bench
Gus22 said:
When?
Example please.

Seriously - what games have you people been watching?

You watch Senter - every game is he working players over in the tackle, an elbow here, a knee there. Holding down for too long, flopping on players when it's not necessary, causing trouble in the scrums. Then of course there is backchatting the refs - he does it all the time - getting them offside with us.

A few games ago he was in the thick of things again - he is always provoking other players which is why they hate him so much.Why do you think our team used to get into so many fights? A captain doesnt act this way - a captain is above this and controls his team.

It's never anything overt - it's all the little niggling things he does which he tries to get away with - 'great champions' dont do this. They let their talent do the talking.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
goangod said:
When this club does something good - ie like make the semis - then I'll be happy. Until then, I'll continue criticising them till they improve.

As I said before your a bandwagon supporter :roll:

goangod said:
As I said before, I criticised them under Lamb/Langmack and copped sh*t for that as well. But then we go out and hire Sheens - an experienced coach which I had been calling for all along. So, should I have criticised them under Lamb/Langmack? Or should I have joined the 'positive brigade' and started cheering everytime we got whipped by 50 points? :roll:

As did I during that time!!!!

I never wanted Lamb, Cement or Langmack at the club I would of preferred Freeman over those 2 and that was one reason why I stopped working for Balmain and the West’s Tigers!

However in saying that we aren’t talking about when the West’s Tigers had Lamb and Co leading the side on a down hill spiral - we are talking at the moment and you still have nothing positive to say what so ever about our current situation, sure we aren’t in the top 8 but there are still a hell of a lot of positives coming out of what has taken place this year - just look at all the West’s Tigers records we have broken, but hey your right we should all act like you and be constantly depressed :roll:

Oh by the way, why where you so quite then at the time when we won the world 7's ?????

goangod said:
LOL. So why won't your 'realism' allow you to admit Darren Senter was a cheap shot merchant? I haven't disagreed with the tenacious/tough/loyal conments made about him because they are true. But I also see his negatives and IMO they far outweigh the positives. But you can't bring yourself to admit the truth - you aren't a realist, you're a tyical blinkered (probably ex Balmain) one eyed supporter.

Because he isn't the cheap shot merchant you make out he was!!!!

Senter does have a lot of negatives but being a cheap shot merchant isn't one of those!

You still have failed to prove such factual information that would prove otherwise - but hey god forbid you not for doing what you so humbly preach :oops:

Mighty Tiger

Bench
goangod said:
You watch Senter - every game is he working players over in the tackle, an elbow here, a knee there. Holding down for too long, flopping on players when it's not necessary, causing trouble in the scrums. Then of course there is backchatting the refs - he does it all the time - getting them offside with us.

:lol: :lol: Sounds like your talking about Satts and not Senter especially considering that 86% of our penalties have been issued whilst Senter has been off the park and thats directly from the club as of this morning :oops:

Not to mention the constant backchat issue Satts has which Sheens has apperantly told him numerous times to shut up

goangod said:
A few games ago he was in the thick of things again - he is always provoking other players which is why they hate him so much.Why do you think our team used to get into so many fights? A captain doesnt act this way - a captain is above this and controls his team.

But if it was Senter that was causing all those "fights" then why have they stopped ???? Especially given that according to you he hasn't changed :oops:

And its obvious that people with more of a football brain thanyour selve disagree with you i.e Sheens and Junior

goangod said:
It's never anything overt - it's all the little niggling things he does which he tries to get away with - 'great champions' dont do this. They let their talent do the talking.

Sounds like your trying to backpeddle now :lol: :lol:

ozcrusader

Bench
Mighty Tiger said:
As I said before your a bandwagon supporter :roll:

Just how dumb are you? Freaking hell.

A bandwagon supporter is someone who ONLY supports a team when they do well - and when do they poorly they are nowhere to be found.

You have just spent the last 10 posts showing how I always criticise the team when they peform poorly. That is the exact OPPOSITE of a bandwagon supporter.:lol:

I've supported this team, through thick and thin, since I was 6. I've followed them every season and will continue to follow them. Bandwagon my ass.

However in saying that we aren’t talking about when the West’s Tigers had Lamb and Co leading the side on a down hill spiral - we are talking at the moment and you still have nothing positive to say what so ever about our current situation, sure we aren’t in the top 8 but there are still a hell of a lot of positives coming out of what has taken place this year - just look at all the West’s Tigers records we have broken, but hey your right we should all act like you and be constantly depressed :roll:

No you aren't talking about that time because it destroys your case. You criticised Lamb/Langmack becase you werent happy with the situation. I criticise the Tigers now becasue I am not happy with the current situation. I am not happy with the continual selection of underperforming players (eg paterson) I am not happy with players played out of position (eg Wilson at 5.8th) and I am not happy with the lack of power in our second row (eg Senter, ONeill). Does this make me a 'bandwagon' supporter? Fool.

Oh by the way, why where you so quite then at the time when we won the world 7's ?????

Oh we won the World 7s. Well la dee da then. We MUST be serious contenders because we won the World 7s :roll: Hello - a few weeks ago we got SMASHED, ANNIHILATED, CREAMED in the NRL (thats the real competition) by the Roosters and the Dragons. We also lost to wooden spoon contenders Manly and bumbled our way to victory last week - hardly convincing.

Because he isn't the cheap shot merchant you make out he was!!!!

Senter does have a lot of negatives but being a cheap shot merchant isn't one of those!

You still have failed to prove such factual information that would prove otherwise - but hey god forbid you not for doing what you so humbly preach :oops:

Well then that is where we disagree.
Senter has a track record for provoking players
We were the most ill disciplined side when he was captain
We were constantly involved in fights
Senter is hated by opposition players.

That is my case to prove he was a cheap shot merchant and dirty player. All you are doing is covering your ears and shouting about loyalty.

ozcrusader

Bench
Mighty Tiger said:
:lol: :lol: Sounds like your talking about Satts and not Senter especially considering that 86% of our penalties have been issued whilst Senter has been off the park and thats directly from the club as of this morning :oops:

In case you aren't intelligent enough to realise it, Senter's career has spanned more than ONE year. This year he has been remarkably weel behaved - in most cases. But over the past 10 years - this has not been the case. Can you comprehend that?

But if it was Senter that was causing all those "fights" then why have they stopped ???? Especially given that according to you he hasn't changed :oops:

He nearly started another one a few weeks ago against the Storm. And the reason is simple - Senter is on the way out. On the way down. Past his use by date. We had Sattler as captain and he knows how to control things. We are such a better team with either Galea, O'Neill or Satts in charge. Senter is stuck in the 1970s.

And its obvious that people with more of a football brain thanyour selve disagree with you i.e Sheens and Junior

So how about all those players that year after year rate Senter as the player they would least like to play with? Are they qualified to have an opinion?

Sounds like your trying to backpeddle now :lol: :lol:

How am I doing that? I'm repeating exactly what I said before - Senter is a mediocre player and cheap shot merchant - not a 'great champion'
And word is 'backpedal' - do at least learn to spell big words if you want to use them. :lol:

Eddie.

Bench
Goangod Please mate come to us with the facts

Who has given away more penalties this year Sattler or Senter???

Who is the captain who winges after every penalty Sattler or Senter???

Every bloody player in the game works players over in tackles :lol: f**king hell its not touch.

And who the hell supported Terry lamb, you trying to claim you were the only one who said he would be a failure, give me a break and stop wraping yourself.

And you are a bandwagon supporter, here within 5 minutes of a bad loss and no where to be seen after a few of our good perofrmances this season.

Get up on Sunday and boo Senter on to the field hero.

ozcrusader

Bench
Eddie. said:
Goangod Please mate come to us with the facts

Who has given away more penalties this year Sattler or Senter???

As pointed out before, Senter has been here for more than ONE year einstein.

Who is the captain who winges after every penalty Sattler or Senter???

LOL. That is the Captain's JOB. Sattler whinges after penalties - Senter causes the penalties. That is the difference.

Every bloody player in the game works players over in tackles :lol: f**king hell its not touch.

Then why do opposition players HATE him Eddie? Answer me that. Why do they RESPECT a tough player like Tallis but HATE Senter?

And who the hell supported Terry lamb, you trying to claim you were the only one who said he would be a failure, give me a break and stop wraping yourself.

I am saying that I got criticised for not supporting the club when Lamb was here as well. Simple. Exactly the same things that are being said now were being said then.

And you are a bandwagon supporter, here within 5 minutes of a bad loss and no where to be seen after a few of our good perofrmances this season.

This is for you and MightTiger who do not seem to understand the term:

bandwagon

n 1: a popular trend that attracts growing support; "when they saw how things were going everybody jumped on the bandwagon" 2: a large ornate wagon for carrying a musical band; "the gaudy bandwagon led the circus parade"

A bandwagon supporter is one who joins a club just because they are doing well and leaves when they are doing poorly.

FFS - do you people even think or just spew out the first crap that comes into your heads?

Get up on Sunday and boo Senter on to the field hero.
Thank God it's the last time I will see that tosser in Tigers colours at Leichardt.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
goangod said:
This year he has been remarkably weel behaved - in most cases. But over the past 10 years - this has not been the case. Can you comprehend that?

See the thing is you do all this talking but you have yet to produce facts something you advise everyone else to do, but when the boot is on the other foot ..............

Take your own advice produce the stats for the last 10 years regarding his high penalty count and show everyone where exactly he would be situated - I can say that from at least 96 he hasn't once been in our top 3 in regards to giving away a penalty if that helps you out ;-)

goangod said:
Senter is on the way out. On the way down. Past his use by date.

Really I would have never guessed, I guess he just wanted to announce he was going to retire at the end of the season because he had another 10 years in him :lol: :lol:

goangod said:
We had Sattler as captain and he knows how to control things. We are such a better team with either Galea, O'Neill or Satts in charge. Senter is stuck in the 1970s.

He does that’s why our side really becomes so disciplined is it??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

That’s why we allow more tries in is it ???? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah Satts knows how to control things that’s why he is up in the Refs face more than what Senter is this year :lol: :lol:

Oh I better not forget to finish off with a bang after all I would hate to not impress you but as you said below

goangod said:
And word is 'backpedal' - do at least learn to spell big words if you want to use them. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: You pick me up for my spelling how about you practice what you preach :lol: :lol: just noted from the same post you made :lol: :lol:

goangod said:

Whats that word :lol: :lol: :lol:

goangod said:
"backpedal"

Actually it should be 2 words and not one :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jux

Juniors
Eddie and Mighty, gee I wish I could reel in a tuna as easily as the 'Christian' has hooked you two !!

ozcrusader

Bench
I've said all I'm going to say on this topic. There's no point arguing with someone who won't concede anything. It's obvious you can't be objective since you are a one eyed Balmain supporter who gets uptight when one of his players is criticised.

Mighty Tiger said:
Actually it should be 2 words and not one :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here are 6 steps you should do to finish up:

1. Go to www.dictionary.com
2.Type in 'backpedal'
3. Read the results
4. Type in 'back pedal'
5. Read the results
6. Reflect on your own stupidity

Mighty Tiger

Bench
goangod said:
LOL. That is the Captain's JOB. Sattler whinges after penalties - Senter causes the penalties. That is the difference.

You are an idiot do you even read what you post ????

Senter is the Captain and Sattler whinges when he becomes captain when Senter is off the park - Once again prove to us all his high penalty count for this year after all as above for Sattler to whinge you have to be referring to this year :oops:

goangod said:
Thank God it's the last time I will see that tosser in Tigers colours at Leichardt.

I wish the same could be said about you on this forum #-o

And also If your going to use big words learn to spell them especially if it is a ground you love :roll:

goangod said:
Leichardt.

LEICHHARDT :oops:

ozcrusader

Bench
Jux said:
Eddie and Mighty, gee I wish I could reel in a tuna as easily

Shhhh! Don't tell em.... :lol:

as the 'Christian' has hooked you two !!

This is the third or fourth time someone on this thread has mentioned mny Christianity. I'm not a meek and mild "Ill take all your sh*t" kind of Christian. I'm in your face. Deal with it. :lol:

Latest posts