What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Darren Senter Retires

brook

First Grade
Sincas said:
I didn't bother reading most of this thread because it was just crap.

Darren will get a great send off this Sunday and I hope the team really lifts for him.

He has just as much club spirit in him as Mark O'Neill and that is saying something. He is not earning much this year but wanted to rack up 10 years with the Tigers.

Anyone who bags Senter obviously has no concept of club spirit. The bloke played through hypothermia in Balmain's last game at Leichhardt and has given his all for both Balmain and Wests Tigers. He may not be remembered as a great of the game, but I'll never forget his TIger spirit.

He has always had the respect and friendship of his teammates and coaches. Tim Sheens fought to keep him at the club for another year at the start of this year and I trust his judgment. He's always been one of the fittest and strongest at the club so obviously sets the standards at training.

When we started STR he was one of the first to commit to help out.

I won't be arguing about this because I really don't think its necessary.

Go Daz! Hope we sell out the ground to send him off.

once again I agree with sincas

Goangod and I have had this out on numerous occasions so I'm not going to enter into this argument.

All I'll say is I'll be out at the den on the weekend to help give dazza the sendoff he deserves and I hope we get a huge turnout for him because I know that 90% of Balmain and Wests tigers fans will be only wishing him well.

I also look forward to seeing him take a role in the club to help pass on his work ethic, determination and passion for the club onto the next generation of tigers players.

innsaneink

Referee
Mighty Tiger said:
goangod said:
When this club does something good - ie like make the semis - then I'll be happy. Until then, I'll continue criticising them till they improve.

As I said before your a bandwagon supporter :roll:

goangod said:
As I said before, I criticised them under Lamb/Langmack and copped sh*t for that as well. But then we go out and hire Sheens - an experienced coach which I had been calling for all along. So, should I have criticised them under Lamb/Langmack? Or should I have joined the 'positive brigade' and started cheering everytime we got whipped by 50 points? :roll:

As did I during that time!!!!

I never wanted Lamb, Cement or Langmack at the club I would of preferred Freeman over those 2 and that was one reason why I stopped working for Balmain and the West’s Tigers!However in saying that we aren’t talking about when the West’s Tigers had Lamb and Co leading the side on a down hill spiral - we are talking at the moment and you still have nothing positive to say what so ever about our current situation, sure we aren’t in the top 8 but there are still a hell of a lot of positives coming out of what has taken place this year - just look at all the West’s Tigers records we have broken, but hey your right we should all act like you and be constantly depressed :roll:

Oh by the way, why where you so quite then at the time when we won the world 7's ?????

goangod said:
LOL. So why won't your 'realism' allow you to admit Darren Senter was a cheap shot merchant? I haven't disagreed with the tenacious/tough/loyal conments made about him because they are true. But I also see his negatives and IMO they far outweigh the positives. But you can't bring yourself to admit the truth - you aren't a realist, you're a tyical blinkered (probably ex Balmain) one eyed supporter.

Because he isn't the cheap shot merchant you make out he was!!!!

Senter does have a lot of negatives but being a cheap shot merchant isn't one of those!

You still have failed to prove such factual information that would prove otherwise - but hey god forbid you not for doing what you so humbly preach :oops:

Im just wondering about when you quit your job with balmain and WT's Mighty....when they appointed Baa.
What were you doing?

Mighty Tiger

Bench
innsaneink said:
Im just wondering about when you quit your job with balmain and WT's Mighty....when they appointed Baa.What were you doing?

Stats, now I'm back doing work with Balmain and the Wests tigers towards their Net access however it looks like I will be back doing what I was back then for them next year - I also could be a trainer for the flegg side ;-)

Sincas

Juniors
Mighty Tiger said:
Vicious said:
I just hope Hollywood does get a job on the coaching staff where he has a lot of input and can hopefully install his no nonsense aproach into our up and coming players!

He has been offered a position as a trainer at this stage ;-) .

He told me its a job in the front office, not as trainer.

magpiemax

Juniors
Mighty Tiger said:
Sincas said:
He told me its a job in the front office, not as trainer.

Thats what I was told about 3 weeks ago that he would be offered a job as a Trainer
Mighty, I think that is a very nice touch that you have replaced your avatar with the pic of your new baby!! :D
The old avatar with you on it really was'nt that nice. :lol:

Suzie

Juniors
:lol: You and Brook must be pleased as punch to have such a gorgeous baby, MT. Said it before, but congrats to all of you again. :lol:

Mighty Tiger

Bench
magpiemax said:
Mighty, I think that is a very nice touch that you have replaced your avatar with the pic of your new baby!! :D
The old avatar with you on it really was'nt that nice. :lol:

Thanks champ!!

and :lol: :lol: :lol: Mate you should know me by now - I don't hide from anything ;-)

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Suzie said:
:lol: You and Brook must be pleased as punch to have such a gorgeous baby, MT. Said it before, but congrats to all of you again. :lol:

Thanks champ

Mate indeed we are he is a dream and well I just can't wait now to do little things like kick the footy and see him wear his first Wests Tigers jersey ;-)

ozcrusader

Bench
Ahem...

Farewell lap knocked

DARREN Senter's lap of honour at Leichhardt with his family has been questioned by rivals at other clubs. Senter has never been the most popular player in the NRL and they felt that a farewell lap in the style of Tigers greats such as Wayne Pearce was over the top. In Senter's defence, he has played 10 years with the Tigers. His lap was one of the slowest in history.

From yesterday's Herald.

tiger_nick

Bench
goangod said:
Ahem...

Farewell lap knocked

DARREN Senter's lap of honour at Leichhardt with his family has been questioned by rivals at other clubs. Senter has never been the most popular player in the NRL and they felt that a farewell lap in the style of Tigers greats such as Wayne Pearce was over the top. In Senter's defence, he has played 10 years with the Tigers. His lap was one of the slowest in history.

From yesterday's Herald.

Grow up, like we care what other clubs think

Go back under the rock you crawled from.

What you can't say anything negative about the weekend cause we didnt play so you drag back up? Seriously mate, stop posting here.

ozcrusader

Bench
tiger_nick said:
Grow up, like we care what other clubs think

Go back under the rock you crawled from.

What you can't say anything negative about the weekend cause we didnt play so you drag back up? Seriously mate, stop posting here.

Eat me, fool.

Your infantile response to this post shows you have nothing worthwhile to say. This states exactly what myself and others were saying - and you can't handle it.

Don't try and hide your lack of intelligence behind insults - we can quite clearly see your rank stupidity for what it is.

Wrighty79

Juniors
goangod said:
Ahem...

Farewell lap knocked

From yesterday's Herald.

We did it as one club, for one man. Did we question the lap Mick De Vere was given yesterday, by the Broncs? Personally, I don't think it should bother opposition teams what we do with our long-standing, loyal players.

Or are they just cut, because it was for a guy that was never "liked" by the opposition because of his tough, no-nonsense approach to the way he played the game? Fair enough, he HAD some discipline problems, but they have been worked thru, and he is now an inspirational leader, who will be sorely missed by all at this club!

ozcrusader

Bench
Wrighty79 said:
We did it as one club, for one man. Did we question the lap Mick De Vere was given yesterday, by the Broncs? Personally, I don't think it should bother opposition teams what we do with our long-standing, loyal players.

Or are they just cut, because it was for a guy that was never "liked" by the opposition because of his tough, no-nonsense approach to the way he played the game? Fair enough, he HAD some discipline problems, but they have been worked thru, and he is now an inspirational leader, who will be sorely missed by all at this club!

A much more intelligent response. I totally disagree with you - but at least you took the trouble of framing an argument to make your points.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
goangod said:
Ahem...

Farewell lap knocked

From yesterday's Herald.

OMG it took them a week now didn't it :roll:

Who cares what rival clubs or their fans think they don't play any part in the running or Balmain, Wests or the Wests Tigers!!!

He was given a farewell which he derserved and it was evident by the amount of people who stayed back and applauded him off the park that they agreed with the clubs decision to allow Senter to have a farewell lap!!!!!

Latest posts