What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dave Smith is the greatest administrator in RL history.

kmav23

Juniors
This is 2013 all pro sports are stopping fighting in the game nba and nfl are very strict.

All pro sports are going this way.

If you want kids to play you have to satisfy all the soccer mums.

If you want violence follow mma boxing.

eozsmiles

Bench
They have only banned punching in close games.

If someone is being as merkin and you're team is up 24-0.....merkin still gets one in the chops.

elbusto

Coach
This is 2013 all pro sports are stopping fighting in the game nba and nfl are very strict.

Jesus Christ I agree with you Kmav. What is the world coming too?

Billythekid

First Grade

You can ban shoulder charges and you can ban punching but ultimately the game is still rough as f*ck. No matter how much you soften up and degrade the game it will never be the choice for soccer mums to let their kids play.

Our game is more popular than ever and junior numbers are fine. The game that started this uproar was the 3rd highest rating origin in history. The worst part is that this is a BS reactionary decision.

This doesn't sound like you at all, BM. The Bunniesman I know is fond of the fist.

nxkih3.jpg.gif

Parra

Referee
Watch the whinging when we see players all rushing to a "melee" and then doing nothing but jumper pulling.

As long as refs continue to allow ankle twisting, headbutt tackles, knee twisting, chicken wings and the like players like Gallen should be able to sort it out themselves. And if it involves belting Myles then all the better.

It's all over for rugby league.

Rugby League Lite will just not cut it.

The beginning of the end was when they started catering to women and families. It was once a man's game. It should have stayed that way.

The game is dying in so many ways, yet this geniused businessman who has never seen a game of football in his life, worries about blokes punching each other?

Get a life, Smith.

eozsmiles

Bench
Sounds like he is protecting his princess Gallen from being knocked the f**k out in game 2

Smith on the front foot trying to shelter the kiddies eyes is the first reason Gallen won't get ko'd.

The second is - who is going to ko him? Can't see it happening with a punch, providing Gallen is looking at them. He can fight and seems quite ready and willing. It might be similar to a kamikaze mission for a man with untrained hands.

It is the other players that are the targets - Farah, Pearce, Maloney. Similar to the bomb for Gidley a few years ago. This is where Smith has possibly pulled the right rein, assuming this is all brought about to put out an origin fire. If Gallen and Myles were at each other 1-1, then things might be easier to deal with. But the assistant coach has been on radio talking it up, while Myles has said he'll leave it on the field. If it was the other way around, Smith wouldn't be as worried. But the stink in origin 1 rapidly outgrew the two combatants. It's the biggest audience of the year, so the NRL s**t themselves.

BunniesMan

Immortal

Well said.
I found the biff entertaining when I was 15. Now its just cringe worthy
My thoughts exactly. When I was a kid I loved the biff. Now it just gets in the way of the thing I'm trying to watch, and that is elite rugby league. A game of endurance, power and skill played with a ball. Not a game of wannabe boxers throwing terrible haymakers at each other.

chrisD

Coach
Just hand the game over to the papers, cut out the middle man. They'll get the players name right at least.

kmav23

Juniors
You can ban shoulder charges and you can ban punching but ultimately the game is still rough as f*ck. No matter how much you soften up and degrade the game it will never be the choice for soccer mums to let their kids play.

Our game is more popular than ever and junior numbers are fine. The game that started this uproar was the 3rd highest rating origin in history. The worst part is that this is a BS reactionary decision.

Everyone watches origin however lots of mum would not them play.

Even some ex players have said they prefer their sons play soccer as its very rough game with life long injuries.

Spot On

Coach
Hey KaveMan23

Read your f**king posts mate, then edit them. They make no f**king sense whatsoever.

It isn't the shoulder ban or punches that should be barred. It's you and Peter Rabbit. The new rule should be an immediate deletion of a thread once both of you have posted in it.

Billythekid

First Grade
Everyone watches origin however lots of mum would not them play.

Even some ex players have said they prefer their sons play soccer as its very rough game with life long injuries.

How the f*ck does banning punches or shoulder chargers change that? Also do you not see what your post is advocating? Do you want to make our sport as soft as f*cking soccer to appeal to a few soccer mums?

If we really want to encourage junior participation we should be encouraging touch football instead of screwing around with the main product.

docbrown

Coach
If you are going to have a mandatory sin bin for throwing punches that's fine, but why not make it like hockey so if 2 blokes go toe to toe, they both get a sit down to cool off buy their teams are allowed to replace them.

Mandatory interchange of both players and dock the teams an interchange to bring them back on. That would be much more fair IMO.

If one bloke throws em without any retaliation, he goes to the bin and his team is down to 12 men like a regular binning

:clap:

That would be the common sense approach.

taipan

Referee
This game is turning into a real merkin of a game.

Cheers, might watch AFL this arvo. they are allowed to tackle to each other

Make sure you bring a cardboard person to Skoda ,to help fill the empty orange seats.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
If you are going to have a mandatory sin bin for throwing punches that's fine, but why not make it like hockey so if 2 blokes go toe to toe, they both get a sit down to cool off buy their teams are allowed to replace them.

Mandatory interchange of both players and dock the teams an interchange to bring them back on. That would be much more fair IMO.

If one bloke throws em without any retaliation, he goes to the bin and his team is down to 12 men like a regular binning

I may have misinterpreted, but it seems to me that you want a team to get a free interchange for the low price of punching someone they don't like in the face.