What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dave Smith is the greatest administrator in RL history.

NrlCoach

Juniors
This doesn't sound like you at all, BM. The Bunniesman I know is fond of the fist.
Funny-gif-Bruce-Lee-laughing.gif

Didgi

I wonder how many sin-bins we'll see in Origin. Anything less than half a dozen will be disappointing.

Never has this been more apt.

[youtube]XuMukG3sMH4[/youtube]

Drawing a long bow there. Fights will still happen, but players will be held accountable immediately. I don't have a problem with that, and because of this change, it doesn't mean that other area's of the game will have similar things happen.

Their is a focus on these one punch can kill in the media which I have no problem with, and seeing players do it can justify throwing a punch that in the eyes of some. If they see them throw a punch, and then spend time in the bin, it shows the consequences can be immediate, and also possibly have a further price to pay if it's there team that is disadvantaged in the game, and the other teams take advantage of it.

It shows nothing, what it shows is that the game is populated by thugs who don't care about the rule and will take the law into their own hands. That's what it's going to show.

That's how the cynics who hate our sport are going to see it. They won't give a f**k that we're sin binning or red carding players, just as none of them give a f**k that we're penalising the shoulder charge.

magpie4ever

First Grade
The game is dying in so many ways, yet this geniused businessman who has never seen a game of football in his life, worries about blokes punching each other?

Get a life, Smith.

Without reading every post - this one gets it about right.

The game has been going this way since Super League.

Imagine what some of the hardmen who played the game in the past think of Rugby League Lite. The Kellys, Randalls, Donnellys etc and the bloody hard bastard pommy coalminers.

If two players can't stand toe to toe the fabric of the game is torn - call it hard oztag.

magpie4ever

First Grade
It shows nothing, what it shows is that the game is populated by thugs who don't care about the rule and will take the law into their own hands. That's what it's going to show.

That's how the cynics who hate our sport are going to see it. They won't give a f**k that we're sin binning or red carding players, just as none of them give a f**k that we're penalising the shoulder charge.

f**k babyeater, you are still on about that shit - you never give up.:lol:

NrlCoach

Juniors
But seriously, has there been a surge in playing numbers at youth level since the shoulder charge ban? I'd be interested to hear from people involved in the game at that level. We were told the shoulder charge negatively impacted the image of the game, restricting growth and participation amongst children. Logic would dictate that if those claims were correct playing figures within the last however money months will have risen dramatically.

Have all the middle class Mummy's given their children the green light to play league since the shoulder charge ban? Does anybody know?

funny thing is the shoulder charge was banned from all junior rugby league competitions for couple of years before they Banned it this year from the NRL. Soccer mums dont let their son/daughter play rugby league because they believe/think every time their son/daughter get tackled that they will be injured. Smith needs to get ride of tackling if he wants to cater for soccer mum

Loudstrat

Coach
With this zero tolerance policy we have just become the leaders in all of sport by saying violence has no place in sport. And certainly no place in rugby league.
Yet the leg twist, chicken wing, scorpion, wishbone, dive-at-the-knee-of-the-held-player are all ok?

The biff had one thing going for it in that it gave a player a chance to defend themselves.

The thought that Sam Thaiday will not get smacked in the chops makes me sadder than a Panda that just witnessed sexual harassment

Is it ok to kick em in the bollocks?
:lol:

Can't wait for the 10 mins of footy after an all in brawl could be 4 on 4
This is a good point.

Apart from Gallen, can someone tell me the last time someone wasnt binned for fighting? Did that roosters player get binned? In the parra broncos game, one guy got binned for being punched in the head simply because he was in the fight. Happens anyway....
Also good points. In this case, it's actually toughening the game up - you have to actually punch to get binned now!

If you want kids to play you have to satisfy all the soccer mums.
Wrong. You have to satisfy the RUGBY LEAGUE mums!

I like this decision. It will change nothing but makes the pansies think the game is being "cleaned up".

Besides, if I was a hack forward puffing after my stint, I'd tackle Inglis, lay one on him - and get him a rest as well!

BunniesMan

Immortal
Yet the leg twist, chicken wing, scorpion, wishbone, dive-at-the-knee-of-the-held-player are all ok?

The biff had one thing going for it in that it gave a player a chance to defend themselves.
It is not the players responsibility to defend themselves all of those things. It is the referees and the NRLs. I believe suspensions should be handed out for all of those dog acts you list. But the victim starting a punch on is not the answer.
Besides, if I was a hack forward puffing after my stint, I'd tackle Inglis, lay one on him - and get him a rest as well!
GI is too professional for that. He's not an idiot. He knows if he just doesn't retaliate he makes life so much easier for himself and his teammates as they play the next 10 minutes 13 on 12. Same will go for any other intelligent and professional player who gets punched.

Loudstrat

Coach
It is not the players responsibility to defend themselves all of those things. It is the referees and the NRLs. I believe suspensions should be handed out for all of those dog acts you list. But the victim starting a punch on is not the answer.
Except suspensions dont happen halfway through a game you f*cktard :crazy:

GI is too professional for that. He's not an idiot. He knows if he just doesn't retaliate he makes life so much easier for himself and his teammates as they play the next 10 minutes 13 on 12. Same will go for any other intelligent and professional player who gets punched.
You really believe that dont you? :lol::lol:

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
Here's a thought.

So if a player throws a few punches at another player and the guy getting punched throws a few back to defend himself, does he get binned as well for defending himself?

If so it's a farce. We want to teach kids a lesson? My scenario would teach kids that if someone punches you in the face, let them.

Chook Norris

First Grade
Here's a thought.

So if a player throws a few punches at another player and the guy getting punched throws a few back to defend himself, does he get binned as well for defending himself?

If so it's a farce. We want to teach kids a lesson? My scenario would teach kids that if someone punches you in the face, let them.

Was wondering about this as well.

So basically players cant self-defend themselves anymore? :? Are they meant to cop punches so they wont get sin-binned :?

Garbler

Juniors
I predicted this 2 weeks ago, straight after the Gallen incident in SOO. The moderators in all their *cough wisdom *cough decided to merge my thread "Did Gallen just kill the biff" into another general thread about Gallen.

In fairness to the mods my thread had degenerated, like the other thread, from Gallen was right/wrong into who should Gallen physical assault in Game 2.

This forum is fairly close to useless for engaging conversation about League. Just sayin.

LOL so now the supporters of the biff, who mocked others as Helen Lovejoy's are now happy to act the Helen Lovejoy. *sigh.

And well done BunniesMan for coming around on D. Smith. I believe he's actions are a step towards junior participation in the game becoming more in line with its popularity as a tv product.

Bulldog Force

Referee
This is f**king shit. First no shoulder charges and now no punches. You might as well start picking an oztag team to follow.

mongoose

Coach
wonder if this new rule will encourage more grubbiness in tackles and trash talking from players to try and cause a sin bin.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
wonder if this new rule will encourage more grubbiness in tackles and trash talking from players to try and cause a sin bin.

That was my thoughts too. You'll have players trying to provoke each other into throwing one, to exploit the ruling.

Teddyboy

First Grade
Soon enough players will be banned from making angry faces at their opposition.

:lol::lol::lol:Your game is going to the dogs...be looking like tag f**king Rugby next.
Who are the merkins that run Rugby League and TV the f**kin merkins.

What next Ice Hockey.

Frailty

First Grade
I don't mind sin bins for fighting, but I don't think suspension should be used. The MRC and Judiciary are too inconsistent for it.

And anyone who believes this will prevent fighting or even the use of fighting in game marketing is foolish. Look at ice hockey and the NHL. Players who fight are given 5:00 majors, and it's still a massive part of the game - even so much that broadcasters show are tale of the tape (height and weight) of the two players involved. Some places even keep stats on wins and losses!

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
I predicted this 2 weeks ago, straight after the Gallen incident in SOO. The moderators in all their *cough wisdom *cough decided to merge my thread "Did Gallen just kill the biff" into another general thread about Gallen.

In fairness to the mods my thread had degenerated, like the other thread, from Gallen was right/wrong into who should Gallen physical assault in Game 2.

This forum is fairly close to useless for engaging conversation about League. Just sayin.

LOL so now the supporters of the biff, who mocked others as Helen Lovejoy's are now happy to act the Helen Lovejoy. *sigh.

And well done BunniesMan for coming around on D. Smith. I believe he's actions are a step towards junior participation in the game becoming more in line with its popularity as a tv product.

I think you missed the point of that comment. Learn some comprehension skills before having a go at me.

I said that the Helen Lovejoy types want to think of the children and teach them the lesson that fighting is wrong, however the scenario I mentioned teaches kids that if someone punches you, you shouldn't defend yourself but instead just stand there like a pussy and take it. In no way, shape, or form am I advocating a "please think of the children" stance.

I couldn't care less about children seeing a fight in RL. I educate children about right and wrong rather then looking to blame society for all my problems.

Latest posts