What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dave Smith will make a major announcement about the Titans

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
The SMH mentioned a possible name change, looks like the NRL realise the Titans brand is busted. Would be a good time to get the Bears on board if they were willing to relocate and they already have the Burleigh Bears as a feeder club

I reckon a Bulldogs 2008 style rebrand is more likely than a full name change...

bulldogs_facewasher.jpg

img_0350_1.jpg

Canard

Immortal
Name change would be stupid at this point in time.

But in typical LU style we think graphic design is the solution to everything.

alien

Referee
The SMH mentioned a possible name change, looks like the NRL realise the Titans brand is busted. Would be a good time to get the Bears on board if they were willing to relocate and they already have the Burleigh Bears as a feeder club

hmmm interesting...

all they have to do is make the team successful with some good signings, give the stadium a roof, and make the tickets a bit cheaper, and the people will come...

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Having said that though ^^^^^....

If an name-change was to happen, youre definitely right in suggesting "Burleigh [or more likely Gold Coast] Bears" as an alternative (Whether they even need to link with the CC bid is debatable).

Linking with the Burleigh side (a club with a history going back to the 1930s) and operating out of that area would give the Club more of a local feel than they have now....

Dogs Of War

Coach
Oh God how i would love to hear that proposed to Florimo.

Not to mention that I was looking at local footy clubs to support, and I asked about Burleigh Bears and it was very divided immediately. Probably not a moniker that will see the League supporters in the Gold Coast all get behind.

Canard

Immortal
It's not going to be the Bears FFS

I reckon that was pure made up speculation by Fairfax.

A name change solves nothing.

Dogs Of War

Coach

Exactly. My informal polling today in the office it seems most have no problem with the name Titans. So really it's about getting a good product onto the field. Someone like DCE coming to the club would get supporters to put there money where their mouth is.

Though a cool emblem update like the Bulldogs one wouldn't go astray. Give the club a nicer identity.

SharkShocked

Bench
Meh NRL is just going to prop them up.

Can't lose expansion areas.

Sydney team however would be let die in this climate i believe.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Voluntary administration, unable to meet financial obligations. How bad have they been running that club? And how much will it cost the NRL to fix.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Voluntary administration, unable to meet financial obligations. How bad have they been running that club? And how much will it cost the NRL to fix.

I would think it's just been something that the club was able to do easily to allow the club to restructure and allow debts to be handled directly by the NRL. The NRL would have wanted control of the club rather than just handing them money to get out of the mess. It's not like the support isn't here on the gold coast.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Name change would be stupid at this point in time.

But in typical LU style we think graphic design is the solution to everything.

you dont think branding has an impact on business success??

So you wouldnt see any problem in, for example, the NRL going back to this for their badge....

http://www.nospam49.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/07/SuperLeagueWarBanner.jpg

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
So the Gold Coast again has a team in the premier League competition, and again the league has to take over the running of it due to financial difficulties.

Why do these mistakes keep repeating themselves?

Noname36

First Grade
Meh NRL is just going to prop them up.

Can't lose expansion areas.

Sydney team however would be let die in this climate i believe.

Doubt it. They set a precedent when they took over the Knights and they won't let any other clubs die.

You've gotta start wondering how many more they can actually take over though.

SharkShocked

Bench
Doubt it. They set a precedent when they took over the Knights and they won't let any other clubs die.

You've gotta start wondering how many more they can actually take over though.

For this reason is why i believe sooner or later they will let a sydney club die when the circumstances are dire.

Particularly if the events line up with the time line for the next TV deal.

Makes expansion more attractive.

Surely they won't want to be running the Titans for a prolonged period.

Latest posts