What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

David Fifita off contract at the end of 2020.

possm

Coach
How can and why would we terminate his contract..when he has not been found guilty yet..that opens up a legal can of worms for litigation against our club and wont be supported by the PA.
Wrong... we can make room under the cap.
You just stand him down from 2020 on full pay and apply for full dispensation under our cap if you apply to the NRL before you start paying him in 2020 (between Nov 1 and Nov 30).
But the club has got to come up with the extra 500-600K to spend on another player which is the problem.
The NRL introduced the policy which significantly adversely affects the Dragons and De Belin but hardly does any harm to the NRL.

It should have always been the case that the NRL takes the hit for the policy they wanted and introduced. So the NRL should take responsibility for the contract which would effectively reduce to 0 SGI's exposure.

BLM01

First Grade
The NRL introduced the policy which significantly adversely affects the Dragons and De Belin but hardly does any harm to the NRL.

It should have always been the case that the NRL takes the hit for the policy they wanted and introduced. So the NRL should take responsibility for the contract which would effectively reduce to 0 SGI's exposure.
I agree...but still we can make it work by standing him down Nov 1 on full pay and being able to use his salary to purchase a like v like as long as we have spare cash
And St george can not and will not terminate him especially at this stage his case has not been decided

Frank Facer

First Grade
I just read an article. The article also said that Brisbane will have to come up with at least 700K a year to keep him.

Wittenberg

Juniors
The only way we would have a chance to find the money to sign him would be if Frizz actually left. I don’t want that.

FlameThrower

Bench
Guys, stop this fantasy stuff. Until there is some clear direction from the Club on next coach, who would want to come here. I think a few years ago players maybe saw us a team rebuilding and WIN buying in was a stabilisation. So they gave us benefit of the doubt and we paid overs in some cares. But now all bets are off and this season has thrown the spotlight on how poorly run this Club is.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
My post was edited by mods. They took down the "on Zero" (tackle) part. You are very petty. lol
Looking at the time between our posts, they must have been pretty quick to do it..

But even if the article you read was on zero tackle, the congratulations still stands.. I’m proud of you!

possm

Coach
The only way we would have a chance to find the money to sign him would be if Frizz actually left. I don’t want that.
Not so, we will have JDB money 550k, if Graham leaves at the end of the season there is another 500k, then with the exit of Latimore, Allgood, Robson and possibly Timm or Kerr.

Frank Facer

First Grade
I would take David Fifita over Frizz for sure. Fifita will be a better player than Frizz over the next few years and continue to improve. I don't think we will sign David Fifita, but if we did, he would be one of if not the best signings we have made over the last 40 years or more. We usually don't even compete for the best talent in the game. I expect him to stay at Brisbane.

matPORTS

Juniors
Let's keep dreaming.

There is no chance the Broncos are going to let him go.

Parramatta, our good selves and all the other clubs will merely be used as pawns by his manager to get the Broncos coughing up as much dough as possible.

Frank Facer

First Grade
We can dream but throw jdb and lafai and Aiken’s money at him or 3 for 1 trade anything
The only way we would be able to think about signing David Fifita, is if we could manage to offer him a big TPA's. When Tedesco signed with Easts, the newspapers reported that he signed for 700K a year. Just last week or so, it was said that Tedesco is on 1.3 mil including TPA's. That is the kind of TPA's we have to source to compete with the likes of Easts, Brisbane, Melbourne etc.

Bench
Let’s look at this player
First Grade Player, Yes
Plays Big Minutes Yes
Can Pass The Ball. Yes
Big future. Yes
I am afraid that doesn’t tick all the boxes to Millward Recruitment Criteria

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
I would take David Fifita over Frizz for sure. Fifita will be a better player than Frizz over the next few years and continue to improve. I don't think we will sign David Fifita, but if we did, he would be one of if not the best signings we have made over the last 40 years or more. We usually don't even compete for the best talent in the game. I expect him to stay at Brisbane.

He'd be a good signing for the first 3 to 6 weeks. After which McGregor would have him playing as badly as everyone else. May as well save the money.

redVinme

Bench
The only way we would be able to think about signing David Fifita, is if we could manage to offer him a big TPA's. When Tedesco signed with Easts, the newspapers reported that he signed for 700K a year. Just last week or so, it was said that Tedesco is on 1.3 mil including TPA's. That is the kind of TPA's we have to source to compete with the likes of Easts, Brisbane, Melbourne etc.

Yet zero tackle reported last year that roosters only had 200k in TPA's...

Yet nothing

Latest posts