What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

david solomana

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Misty Bee said:
Ron, I've got 2 strats (blame Richie Blackmore LOL). One is a lovelty old 1978 with a rosewood neck, the other is a 80's jap with rosewood neck and kahler whammy bar (blame EVH for that LOL!)

I thought VH's first 2 albums were awesome. I like Diver Down as well. 1984 has Panama and Hot For Teacher and bugger all else. I liked what Sammy brought to them for 5150 - notice their albums got longer.

Saw Ronnie at the Ent Cent in I think 87. Best use of 2 red cans I have ever seen - those that were theren would know what I meant.

Ozzy was a huge fave up until Sharon discovered reality TV. Loved the Randy Rhodes stuff.

Metallica? Never got into 'em much. Bought the black album, though. Too thrashy - and I'm too much of a Sabbath fan to put up with it! Favorite albums from the Sabs were Sabotage and Mob Rules. Symptom of the Universe, what an awesome track!!!!!

"Ron, I've got 2 strats (blame Richie Blackmore LOL). One is a lovelty old 1978 with a rosewood neck, the other is a 80's jap with rosewood neck and kahler whammy bar (blame EVH for that LOL!)"

2 strats....giddy up!! :D , a few years ago i was tossing up as to whether to go with the Ibenez or Strat but??...the music shop i wen't to where hopless and what i had in mind they didn't wan't to order in.....so in nice words i told them "thanks but no thanks".....wen't next door...ordered the JS 1000 and they got a pretty penny out of ordering it...."you give abit...you get abit :lol: "....im very glad i made the choice now as im really playing alot of Satriani & VH..on guitar and the Ibenez is the best guitar suited for such types!!, 25 fretts....Maple neck (still cool though)....but the best thing is it's humbuckers!!....it could pick up a sparrow fart...believe me just fantastic sustain!!!

"I thought VH's first 2 albums were awesome. I like Diver Down as well. 1984 has Panama and Hot For Teacher and bugger all else. I liked what Sammy brought to them for 5150 - notice their albums got longer."

Van Halens first album self titled....is the best Rock album i've ever heard!!!, for any guitarist ou there by this album it's amazing....the guitar techniques where so unique at the time.....Ed was probably the man who introduced tapping to the world.....and the song "eruption" is the best solo i've ever heard!!, when mates come over i like to show off....so i always start with Eruption and watch the mouths froth :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hot for Teacher is a great song with a great film clip....the riff at the start is all tapping on the E..A...D strings....you need long fingers....but such a cool song with Diamond Daves vocals holding up well!!, Sammy was good for 5150 but?? was never going to be a David Lee Roth....different styles, still though Sammy was alot better then gary Cherone!!!

"Saw Ronnie at the Ent Cent in I think 87. Best use of 2 red cans I have ever seen - those that were theren would know what I meant.

Ozzy was a huge fave up until Sharon discovered reality TV. Loved the Randy Rhodes stuff."

Im a big Ronnie fan....ever since i heard him for the first time i was hooked....his work in "Rainbow" was great.....there's a song called "Stargazer" probably the best song i've ever heard.....goes for about 9 minutes but has everything in the song....great riffs...great lyrics..everything!!, Ozzy needs to go back on drugs :lol: :lol: .......that's when his best stuff was made :lol: :lol: .....barking at the moon is a great song & Ozzy had such a great voice also....Tommy Iomi was great guitarist in his own right (doesn't have a pinky finger also) & Geezer was a solid bass player!!

Mob Rules is a classic album.....Voodoo & Southern Cross, Country Girl are great songs....i can play them all on the guitar....Heaven & Hell is also great!

Misty Bee said:
The US glammers were OK (Motley being the pick of the 80's behind he awesom Van Halen). However,give me Iron Maiden, Ozzy, Black Sabbath and Motorhead over 'em. I'm also a huge Gary Moore fan.
SHUT UP!!!! I like those bands (well, not really an Ozzy fan but Sabbath, Maiden and Motorhead are legends!)

I'm more into the death metal side of, um, metal these days. 90s shit like Carcass, Napalm Death, early Sepultura, Entombed and so forth all kick ass!

Some great Aussie metal bands atm, too. Grenade, Stone Wings, Oni, Portal and Bludgeoner are all excellent bands.

Early Metallica rocks, but after Justice they have kinda sucked. Black had like 2 good songs on it, and since then they have gone shit. haven't heard the new stuff but that's cause I'm not really interested in anything from Metallica after Justice.

btw, I am a drummer (thus not a muso, lol) Of course I love the Pearl Export Kit, and my prefered cymbals are Paiste 2002. Double kick is a MUST!

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Hollywood Jesus said:
Misty Bee said:
The US glammers were OK (Motley being the pick of the 80's behind he awesom Van Halen). However,give me Iron Maiden, Ozzy, Black Sabbath and Motorhead over 'em. I'm also a huge Gary Moore fan.
SHUT UP!!!! I like those bands (well, not really an Ozzy fan but Sabbath, Maiden and Motorhead are legends!)

I'm more into the death metal side of, um, metal these days. 90s sh*t like Carcass, Napalm Death, early Sepultura, Entombed and so forth all kick ass!

Some great Aussie metal bands atm, too. Grenade, Stone Wings, Oni, Portal and Bludgeoner are all excellent bands.

Early Metallica rocks, but after Justice they have kinda sucked. Black had like 2 good songs on it, and since then they have gone sh*t. haven't heard the new stuff but that's cause I'm not really interested in anything from Metallica after Justice.

btw, I am a drummer (thus not a muso, lol) Of course I love the Pearl Export Kit, and my prefered cymbals are Paiste 2002. Double kick is a MUST!

Your a Drummer Jesus??.....knocking on heavens door hey :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well atleast your got good taste......any Pearl kit will set you back a pretty penny.......my girlfriend just brought one....she wan'ts to learn!!!, best quality drum kit's IMO.

Double kick is a must but??......i prefer the Alex Van Halen style......4 base drums 17 piece kit...just like a space ship......im sure he had 2 set's of double kick in the early to Mid Van Halen era!!

Where are some good places to go Jesus to watch local heavy metal these days??......and im hoping there not cover bands!!! :evil:

depends what u mean by metal?

that nu-metal shit? largely that makes me vomit and I wouldnt go near it if I was on fire so i couldnt help ya there

if you mean REAL metal like death, doom and such? Well, if you're in Sydney, not many places lol. There used to be plenty of places like Lewisham, the Furnace, North Bexley, and others but they pretty much all dead now. Nth bexley still has some gigs but its in the middle of nowhere with no public transport and you cant drive cause you have tog et absolutely hammered at a metal gig, so........

Apparently Kelts in Blaxland might be playing a few gigs, and the Bat and Ball hosts the odd one, as well as the Manning Bar at Syd Uni, but you have to keep your eyes open to find em. I'll do ym best to keep you informed, but mainly these days we travel interstate for good gigs. Went to Adelaide a month ago to watch Nunslaughter, Portal and Grenade play and had a great time. Metal for the Brain will be on in Canberra in December oif course, and Melbourne always has good shit going,e specially New Years Eve.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Hollywood Jesus said:
depends what u mean by metal?

that nu-metal sh*t? largely that makes me vomit and I wouldnt go near it if I was on fire so i couldnt help ya there

if you mean REAL metal like death, doom and such? Well, if you're in Sydney, not many places lol. There used to be plenty of places like Lewisham, the Furnace, North Bexley, and others but they pretty much all dead now. Nth bexley still has some gigs but its in the middle of nowhere with no public transport and you cant drive cause you have tog et absolutely hammered at a metal gig, so........

Apparently Kelts in Blaxland might be playing a few gigs, and the Bat and Ball hosts the odd one, as well as the Manning Bar at Syd Uni, but you have to keep your eyes open to find em. I'll do ym best to keep you informed, but mainly these days we travel interstate for good gigs. Went to Adelaide a month ago to watch Nunslaughter, Portal and Grenade play and had a great time. Metal for the Brain will be on in Canberra in December oif course, and Melbourne always has good sh*t going,e specially New Years Eve.

"Metal for the Brain will be on in Canberra in December oif course, and Melbourne always has good sh*t going,e specially New Years Eve."

Thanks for the info Jesus!!!

Yeah mate i'll be there aswell.....as i spend alot of time looking after my animals in Goulburn these days won't be far to travel......plus i have a few mates going there aswell......was suppose to go last year!!!

Misty Bee

First Grade
Well, young HJ. Common ground eh?

Pearl export? Great kit. A mate 'o mine that drummed with us had one - excellent sound - reliable, resiliant. Jet black it was, looked great on stage next to my Marshall!

Alex Van Halen had 2 dummy kicks, but it was a great kit on stage. I loved 2 setups: Vinny Appice and the huge big vertical toms, great for triplets and songs liek "The Chains Are On". And Nicko Mc Brain - so many bloody toms that you never see him live - all you see is the kit! Tommy Lee is a great drummer - possibly the best muso from all those 80's glam bands. Only bloke I ever saw do a drum solo upside down! Can't imagine poor old Bill Ward drumming under those conditions!

Ron, I did some tapping (and mastered Erruption!) but I was more a Angus Young type shut-your-eyes-and-go-for-it type. That's why I love Gary Moore, and blokes like Michael Schenker, Ted Nugent, Jake E Lee and Blackmore. Satriani is all class - and a wonderful entertainer, but give me a less technical, more passinate axeman. I keep coming back to Angus' solo in Whole Lotta Rosie back in '77 for a bloke who just guns it and goes like the clappers - totally reaching his limits and pushing harder and harder.

I had an Ibanez copy of a Gibson Explorer - jet black with white barbed wire paint job- an excellent stage axe.I used to dress all in black with a leather jacket and it worked a treat. The humbuckers sounded great through the Marshall - something the Yank strat struggled with. However, the strat has a narrow neck, making it easier to get from A to B - hence I could play faster on it. And I got a great rhythm sound out of it. My sound was generally toppy - think Blackmore on Down To Earth, or Judas Priest's British Steel.

Loved Stargazer, in fact the whole rising album is much loved by me. Dio's best work was with Blackmore IMHO. His Sabbath work was excellent, and his first album was awesome, but he gradually faded after that. Losing Vivian Campbell for Craig Goldy was a huge mistake for him.

Interesting talking about Dio and gun guitarists - did you now that when Dio went solo, he reached an agreement with Yngwie Malmsteen to join his band. However, Dio couldn't get the project off the ground quick enough, and Yngwie answered the call from Graham Bonnet, who was putting together Alcatraz at the time.

Imagine Yngwie and Ronnie! Friggin awesome!

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Misty Bee said:

"Alex Van Halen had 2 dummy kicks, but it was a great kit on stage. I loved 2 setups: Vinny Appice and the huge big vertical toms, great for triplets and songs liek "The Chains Are On". And Nicko Mc Brain - so many bloody toms that you never see him live - all you see is the kit! Tommy Lee is a great drummer - possibly the best muso from all those 80's glam bands. Only bloke I ever saw do a drum solo upside down! Can't imagine poor old Bill Ward drumming under those conditions!"

Yeah Vinnie was a good drummer....actually got a photo somewhere of him with as you said the "big vertical toms"....cool photo....and was a very good drummer!!

Bill Ward wasn't in the same class as Vinnie......it seems Bill had a lot of demons in the Sabbath days espically when Ozzy left......in the interviews i've seen with Bill he seems to much of a sissy to tell you the truth!!....he also had a big falling out with Ronnie in the Sabbath days!!

Iagree with you on Tommy Lee.....people only hear about his private life eg Pamela Anderson...Heather Lockyer....that video :lol: ...but he was an awesome drummer...a very hard choice between him and Alex!!, i've seen some amazing solo's by Alex Van Halen.....and look at his drum kit in "Jump" film clip....it resembles a space ship....can hardly see him!!

"Ron, I did some tapping (and mastered Erruption!) but I was more a Angus Young type shut-your-eyes-and-go-for-it type. That's why I love Gary Moore, and blokes like Michael Schenker, Ted Nugent, Jake E Lee and Blackmore. Satriani is all class - and a wonderful entertainer, but give me a less technical, more passinate axeman. I keep coming back to Angus' solo in Whole Lotta Rosie back in '77 for a bloke who just guns it and goes like the clappers - totally reaching his limits and pushing harder and harder."

Yeah Eruption was the bench mark when it came to guitar a few years ago in my region....people can play it but don't have the level of speed neccasary to play it well enough....that's where im pretty fortunate!!...my picking is very quick & as i sweep pick also it came alot more naturally!!

Blackmore was a great guitarist but a real p@#$ apparently.....nether the less still a great guitarist....Nugent was a legend :D

Angus was very charismatic and such a personality...it really rubbed of on many people his style.....a good guitarist who should of featured alot higher then he did in "Rolling Stones top 100 guitarists"....that was the biggest load of garbage i've ever seen that top 100 :roll: :roll:
I love how he incorperated a certain blues feel to some of his earlier song....did you pick that up with his riffs??

"I had an Ibanez copy of a Gibson Explorer - jet black with white barbed wire paint job- an excellent stage axe.I used to dress all in black with a leather jacket and it worked a treat. The humbuckers sounded great through the Marshall - something the Yank strat struggled with. However, the strat has a narrow neck, making it easier to get from A to B - hence I could play faster on it. And I got a great rhythm sound out of it. My sound was generally toppy - think Blackmore on Down To Earth, or Judas Priest's British Steel."

My Ibenez is a "Stealth edition"...jet black everything!!!.....got a Peevey...sounds awesome though!!,

It's funny i've always been a solo man by myself!!.....i've had a heap of offers to play in bands but i refuse to play covers...i'll only join once someone comes up to me and say's "where writing our own stuff"..never happened!!...people continue to play covers instead of creating!, i also wan't to join a band who are very talented and different...must have long hair and look the part ,must be appealing to an audience :lol: :lol: , im a perfectionist that's my problem....i won't settle for second best!!

I've written many solo's...some up to 7 minutes in length....very much Satriani orientated....with a classical feel aswell in parts....as i said i like to sweep pick and incorperate different appagios which sound s great when done at speed!!

"Interesting talking about Dio and gun guitarists - did you now that when Dio went solo, he reached an agreement with Yngwie Malmsteen to join his band. However, Dio couldn't get the project off the ground quick enough, and Yngwie answered the call from Graham Bonnet, who was putting together Alcatraz at the time.

Imagine Yngwie and Ronnie! Friggin awesome"

Would of been bloody brillant if that wen't ahead!!...Malmsteen is probably the guitarist i sound most like.........he's actually a trained clasical guitarist and pianoist!!....he incorperates classical so brillantly!!...Eclipse is a great solo by him!!, also got a photo with Yngwie & my sister and her friend in the late 80's at a function!!

Ronnie James Dio....is only 5' 4 inches :shock: , but his voice rocks!!

Misty Bee

First Grade
Re Angus, yeah, his earlier stuff is straight out of the Chuck Berry/Keith Richard box.

I could never master sweeps, andTBH it wasn't in my style of playing. Probably a tad after my time. I was more into blues based licks, pentatonic scales, hammer ons, squeals, whammy bars. I wrote a lot of my own stuff, still do, there is one on the web somewhere. But I playedin cover bands. Peoplemight cry "sellout", but it got me live work, and a few bills paid. More importantly, it made me a better all round guitarist, andmusician. I learned to play with a keyboard player - gave me the best opportunity to really crank up as you were the only instrument able to 'balls' the music up. I also did backups, mainly on third and 5th harmonies above the vocal. It all made me work hard, plus changing all my pedal selections as well for solos,usually straight out of a chorus.

The hardest things I had to do live was to recreate Eddie's solo on "dreams'. We also did 'Shapes of things' where I recreated gary Moore's solo - man I loved playing that. I also used to sing and play Led Zep's "Rock and Roll" (I had the highest voice in the band)- f**k that's a workout and a half. talk about adenalin!

Mate, take the next gig on offer. You'll find,like I did, that the biggest challenge is filtting your solos into the music. First band I was in insisted on doing stuff like Bowie and the like - try fitting Schenker and Iommi solos into that!

Now, I can play just about anything rock. I even featured on a country single somewhere LOL!

Misty Bee

First Grade
BTW, I do hope that yuoup know that this is one of the topics we discuss at Aussie Pup! [/spam]

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Misty Bee said:
Re Angus, yeah, his earlier stuff is straight out of the Chuck Berry/Keith Richard box.

I could never master sweeps, andTBH it wasn't in my style of playing. Probably a tad after my time. I was more into blues based licks, pentatonic scales, hammer ons, squeals, whammy bars. I wrote a lot of my own stuff, still do, there is one on the web somewhere. But I playedin cover bands. Peoplemight cry "sellout", but it got me live work, and a few bills paid. More importantly, it made me a better all round guitarist, andmusician. I learned to play with a keyboard player - gave me the best opportunity to really crank up as you were the only instrument able to 'balls' the music up. I also did backups, mainly on third and 5th harmonies above the vocal. It all made me work hard, plus changing all my pedal selections as well for solos,usually straight out of a chorus.

The hardest things I had to do live was to recreate Eddie's solo on "dreams'. We also did 'Shapes of things' where I recreated gary Moore's solo - man I loved playing that. I also used to sing and play Led Zep's "Rock and Roll" (I had the highest voice in the band)- f**k that's a workout and a half. talk about adenalin!

Mate, take the next gig on offer. You'll find,like I did, that the biggest challenge is filtting your solos into the music. First band I was in insisted on doing stuff like Bowie and the like - try fitting Schenker and Iommi solos into that!

Now, I can play just about anything rock. I even featured on a country single somewhere LOL!

I love squirreling then wammy dropping it.....sounds awesome!!.....yeah i love tapping and sweep picking.....i just love the sound of it!!

Cover bands are great to pay the bills....but i always wanted to write songs and get recongition that way.....but alot of people where to sceptical!, and besides one problem i have is i don't play many cover songs on the guitar anymore.....basically forgotten them as im so much into writing my own stuff these days!!

Which solo you talking about on Dreams??.....was it the solo right at the end of the song or the one in the middle of the song??.....i think the one in the middle can be pretty sticky sometimes to play & always good to have a digital delay when playing!!, that's also another thing....i must have a delay sound to all my things....except for "aint talkin about love" where i use the flanger!!

Mate i have a high voice but unfortunately can't sing.....one of my regrets in my life is that i wish i could sing.

I do agree it's very important to have different varityies to your guitar playing.....this is one problem i have!!.....im stuck in the middle 80's!!, kind of funny actually...a friend came over the other day and i was writing him a solo......his sound is more "the Cars" style but that didn't stop me....in next to no time i was wammy dropping & tapping, hammer ons...sounded good but not his style......he just nodded his head and said" i have issues" with a laugh :lol:

People do appreciate my style but it's not very common.......i don't like acoustic all that much....besides a few cure songs & Ratt songs that's about it.....i just love the sound of electric & the variety it offers!!

Misty Bee

First Grade
I did both, but the middle one was tricky. You had to nail it from the start. If you stuff up, it's bloody hard to come back in.

Teh last band I was in we did a lot of bluesy stuff - ZZ Top, Thorougood etc. Blues is a great groove and you can virtually do what you want.

Like you, I'm not big on accoustics. However, being a Led Zep fan, I loved the way Jimmy Page used them. Too many accoustic players just do country and folk influenced stuff.

I get stuck with the same old licks as well. I guess it is a trade problem!

slippery eel

Juniors
The slippery eel music background

1987 - 1989

AC/DC - My first group i loved as a 13 year old!. Absolutely adored the Bon Scott Days..... felt sad everyday about his death in 1980 and wished it never of happened. Fav albums were Let There be Rock and If you want Blood You've got It. Back in Black was an awesome comeback after the death of an Aussie legend.

1989 - 1991

Metallica - Bought And Justice For all around the time it came out and the Black Album and went to see them at the Entertainment Centre in 1993. My favorite Band to this day.

1991 - 1993

The Doors - Inspired by the movie that came out in 1991 and went and saw the Australian Doors so many times back in 93 & 94!. The Revesby Roundhouse was like the real thing.

1993 - 1995

Seattle music - Nirvana, Sound Garden, Pearl Jam and Jimi Hendrix.

At the moment - Metallica in a huge way with bits here and there of the past music i have listened too.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
slippery eel said:
The slippery eel music background

1987 - 1989

AC/DC - My first group i loved as a 13 year old!. Absolutely adored the Bon Scott Days..... felt sad everyday about his death in 1980 and wished it never of happened. Fav albums were Let There be Rock and If you want Blood You've got It. Back in Black was an awesome comeback after the death of an Aussie legend.

1989 - 1991

Metallica - Bought And Justice For all around the time it came out and the Black Album and went to see them at the Entertainment Centre in 1993. My favorite Band to this day.

1991 - 1993

The Doors - Inspired by the movie that came out in 1991 and went and saw the Australian Doors so many times back in 93 & 94!. The Revesby Roundhouse was like the real thing.

1993 - 1995

Seattle music - Nirvana, Sound Garden, Pearl Jam and Jimi Hendrix.

At the moment - Metallica in a huge way with bits here and there of the past music i have listened too.

Bon Scott was a legend...and as you a said let there be rock...great album!!

I liked the early Metalica..espically Master of Puppets...a real good choice of album!!

One thing i'll say about Nirvana is there song writing abilities & the skill of Dave Grohl!!.....a fantastic musican...also not many people realise that Butch Vig was the producer of Nirvanas albums (Garbarge Drummer)..a top class producer!!

My favourite band in the 90's??.....i did like Sound Garden..saw them in concert a few times .....where Stone Temple Pilots & probably early Smashing Pumpkins ....and of course the mighty Gunners!!....what a band!!!

The Revesby Round House ah Slippery????.....i use to live up the road from there & still hang out alot at the Revesby Workers club....my sister use to be a bar maid there a couple of years ago!!

This might shock a few people but??.....IMO Hendrix was overated!!....his guitar work was very simplistic eg Nirvana (except Little Wing) and his guitar solo's alot of the time didn't coincide with the actual song!!

Ed Van Halen & Jimmy Page done more for guitar IMO!!!

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Misty Bee said:
I did both, but the middle one was tricky. You had to nail it from the start. If you stuff up, it's bloody hard to come back in.

Teh last band I was in we did a lot of bluesy stuff - ZZ Top, Thorougood etc. Blues is a great groove and you can virtually do what you want.

Like you, I'm not big on accoustics. However, being a Led Zep fan, I loved the way Jimmy Page used them. Too many accoustic players just do country and folk influenced stuff.

I get stuck with the same old licks as well. I guess it is a trade problem!

Yeah i agree with you on the Dream solo.....can be tricky when not in the right frame......also nothing sounds worse when you try and squirl and it doesn't come of!!........if you like Blue's??......VH first album is pretty Blue's orienated eg "Im the One", Ice Cream man"...and of course..."you really got me!!

I enjoy accoustics with songs like "paitence" Gunners & "Friday im in love " - Cure....those types of songs!,

great songs to play is "Poison" & "Bed of Nails"- Alice Cooper on the electric.....also Voodo by Sabbath & i always enjoyed playing "changes " on the piano!!

Misty Bee

First Grade
Voodoo is a great riff.

Personally I liked playing Bark At The Moon and I don't Know by Ozzy, Don't Talk To Strangers by Dio, Prisoner by Maiden, and anything off Killers, especially Genghis Kahn, Drifter and Wrathchild. I love Maiden to death!

Misty Bee

First Grade
Voodoo is a great riff.

Personally I liked playing Bark At The Moon and I don't Know by Ozzy, Don't Talk To Strangers by Dio, Prisoner by Maiden, and anything off Killers, especially Genghis Kahn, Drifter and Wrathchild. I love Maiden to death (as El Duque already knows!)

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Misty Bee said:
Voodoo is a great riff.

Personally I liked playing Bark At The Moon and I don't Know by Ozzy, Don't Talk To Strangers by Dio, Prisoner by Maiden, and anything off Killers, especially Genghis Kahn, Drifter and Wrathchild. I love Maiden to death (as El Duque already knows!)

Barking at t he moon is a wise choice my friend :D ......."Kick Start my Heart " - Motely Crue is also a favourite of mine.......i actually think this song should be the NRL's offical song......Wide World of Sports used this song alot in there sports programe & really blended well when showing sports highlights!!

I was a late commer to Iron Maiden.....started listening to it about 6 months ago but ?? believe me im not dissapointed....there great!!, i personally love "run to the Hills"....love the starting riff!!

Misty Bee

First Grade
Spent my 18th birthday at an Iron Maiden gig at the Capitol Theatre - Beast On The road tour --1982. What an awesom few months that was. September - Parramatta flog Manly to win the comp. October -leave school. November - Maiden. December - up to Surfers to get hammered (probably about the only part that HJ can relate to LOL)

Hendrix was not overrated -he was breaking out of the shell. Awesom soloist in the days when technology wasn't up to scratch. Still I prefer others that came later on a personalnote.

Let There Be Rock was an AWESOME album! Good choice there Slippery. And have to agree with the assessment of Dave Grohl.

In the 90's I dropped away from the scene for a while - grunge never did much for me and allmy old heroes either died, went into detox, or just dissapeared into US club acts. I actually got into Motorhead in this period, and a lot of blues stuff like Stevie Ray Vaughan. It's hard to crank out Sabbath when you have babies in the house trying to sleep!

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Would have been a great year for you 82!!......pitty i was to young to realise :cry:

Why i think Hendrix was overatted was that there have been alot better guitarists around and they don't get they recognition they deserve & they too where very inovating in ways probably more so then Hendrix!!

At the time of Hendrix...there where a few bands around who themselves played Hendrix's style of rock..Pete Townsend as far as im concerned was more talented and Jimmy Page burst onto the seen in the late 60's.....Page blew them away in regards to talent!!

90's have been very very disapointing & that's why i still listen passionately to older stuff!!....there doesn't seem anything around the corner soon for rock.....no decent guitarists or rock groups at present....all it is bloody useless rap & rap metal...which is bloody pathetic!!

Gunners are rumoured to release "Chinese Democracy" very soon...an album basically with only Axl & keyboardist Dizzy Reed!!