What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

David Warner

aussies1st

Staff member
We will see with their squad for the next 3 ODIs. He needs to be given at least this series to show what he can do.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Agreed, if they want a guy to bat that way up the top of the order they have to cop a few low scores.

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
I cant believe the selectors basically said 'Make runs today or you are discarded,' thats real leadership there from our selectors, a real good way to see them easing the young kids into the side. Muppets
totaly agreed there Red Bear, its real shame if they destroy his confidence

Fangs

Coach
Great up and cummer, NOW please dont let him go stale, Blood him in the Australian team now, we need new Blood

Was a great up and cummer indeed.

Just a gentle reminder from Davey that he is retiring later this year:

Australian veteran David Warner has taken aim at the “sickening” scrutiny he’s copped regarding his place in the Test side ahead of his final World Cup.

“I just can’t wait to finish and then they’ll have to find someone else’s name to use as clickbait,” Warner said.

“It’s incredible. To be honest – if I’m being brutally honest, it’s actually been sickening.

“And that’s why I always put it back to the team. It’s about the team. It’s not about me and what I’m doing.

“For me, it’s about going out there and trying to put my best foot forward and playing to the best of my ability to put the team in a good position.

“That’s why I gave an end date. Because that’s when I’m ending – that’s when I intend to end.

“It’s when I intend to go home and spend some time with the family and live life.”

T-Boon

Coach
I agree with Warner that it is not exactly his fault he keeps getting selected even though he is terrible. He absolutely should have been dropped by now (before the Ashes) and replace by Bancroft.

Reactions: PJ

Fangs

Coach

David Warner has confirmed he won't take up a Cricket Australia contract if offered one next year, and is unlikely to be available for the national men's team's white-ball commitments at home against the West Indies later in the current summer.

But Warner, who has already flagged plans to retire from Test cricket following the New Year's match against Pakistan at the SCG in January, indicated he was a chance to turn out for Sydney Thunder in the BBL "if the dates align with what my schedule is".

---

If you believe Davey, his plans are truly up in the air.

The book tour and 60 minutes interview are already locked in I'm sure.

King-Gutho94

Coach

David Warner has confirmed he won't take up a Cricket Australia contract if offered one next year, and is unlikely to be available for the national men's team's white-ball commitments at home against the West Indies later in the current summer.

But Warner, who has already flagged plans to retire from Test cricket following the New Year's match against Pakistan at the SCG in January, indicated he was a chance to turn out for Sydney Thunder in the BBL "if the dates align with what my schedule is".

---

If you believe Davey, his plans are truly up in the air.

The book tour and 60 minutes interview are already locked in I'm sure.
What is he going to say in a book or interview we don't already know.

I doubt he will throw any of his current team mates that were there for sandpaper gate under the bus especially the Fast Bowling Cartel.

He will unleash on CA obviously but who hasn't on how they handled it and in terms of the actual truth with Cape Town i don't think it will ever come out who else directly knew what was going on.

I think everyone deep down knows it was a team thing the 3 suspended took the bullets for the whole team.

Fangs

Coach

I doubt he will throw any of his current team mates that were there for sandpaper gate under the bus especially the Fast Bowling Cartel.

He will unleash on CA obviously but who hasn't on how they handled it and in terms of the actual truth with Cape Town i don't think it will ever come out who else directly knew what was going on.

I think everyone deep down knows it was a team thing the 3 suspended took the bullets for the whole team.

Plenty of money to be made in it.

I think he will do the opposite. Not necessarily by naming names but by keeping the fire hot. All notable players do a book post-retirement and I'm sure he is still majorly pissed that he has been blamed for Capetown.

TheParraboy

Staff member
I think if Davey was to name names (if these rumours are true) then he will do it when ALL those names have all retired. Its probably why Lyon wants to play till 2035 or 2039 ashes..

I think CA wanted the 3 to appeal the punishment and win. Having the three of them out killed that summer of cricket.

King-Gutho94

Coach

I guess Mitchell Johnson and Davey must not have got on during there playing days.

Not the first time Johnson has gone whack to someone in the current setup he called Cummins a coward last year when Langer walked.

King-Gutho94

Coach
The Barmy Army made him cry, i couldn't give a Rats what Myth Johnson thinks. Ponting babied him through half his career.
I agree Johnson is as bigger flat track bully at home as warner.

Yes he stood up in the 2013 ashes. And he had 2 great tours in South Africa during his career.

But his record in England was atrocious and don't remember him doing anything elsewhere around the world.

He seems like a fake tough guy as well.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Warner along with Smith and Bancroft took the blame for the all the quicks and the whole side really. If anything they are great team players

Latest posts