What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

David Warner

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
i wouldnt get to excited, all his good shots were slogs to cow corner, i didnt see any good cover drives or any classy shots, and you all want him in the one day team on the basis of that one innings? let him proove himself at all forms of the game.

he sure can belt the sh*t out of it though.

NSW fans have seen a bit more of him, so have the selectors, hence his inclusion in the Aussie team

he hasn't played a 4 day first class game for NSW yet, but hopefully that shouldn't be too far away

that innings for Australia is not a one off, thats how he bats

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He played a nice cut shot of Kallis plus a few nice drives, he is not just a slogger. Hope they don't treat him as just a slogger he is better than that.

dubopov

Coach
He played a nice cut shot of Kallis plus a few nice drives, he is not just a slogger. Hope they don't treat him as just a slogger he is better than that.

He's the sort of player I like .. mind you, he came back to earth tonight. He should be given a crack in the 50 over stuff.

aussies1st

Staff member
Blame the media they are making him out to be superman. That taking it way over the top, he could be a future superstar but making him out to be superman after 1 game and now "his cape has been ripped off".

aussie_q_factor

Juniors
Dave Warner still has alot to prove yet. Yeah, his knock on Sunday was fantastic, but how he handles the pressure of test cricket and constant quality attacks over a long stretch of time will give us all an indication of how good he is.

Media has gone nuts over him and I am really struggling to see why.

JP Dumminy...now there is a batsmen that should be getting more recognition. What a sensational player!

Last edited:

aussies1st

Staff member
Dave Warner still has alot to prove yet. Yeah, his knock on Sunday was fantastic, but how he handles the pressure of test cricket and constant quality attacks over a long stretch of time will give us all an indication of how good he is.

Media has gone nuts over him and I am really struggling to see why.

JP Dumminy...now there is a batsmen that should be getting more recognition. What a sensational player!

Cause it's the Aussie media, go to the SA pages and I'm sure you will find massive hype around JP. And the media love seeing a smasher of the ball.

fish eel

Immortal
I think he really needs to spend time in first class cricket.

It's a big ask to expect a kid to perform reguarly at international level when he doesnt play first class cricket.

It's a massive step up from the ford ranger/KFC Big Bash to playing South Africa.

Red Bear

Referee
I cant believe the selectors basically said 'Make runs today or you are discarded,' thats real leadership there from our selectors, a real good way to see them easing the young kids into the side. Muppets