What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

David Warner

Stop comparing Warner to Gilly he is a cowboy who has proven nothing but he can play this 20/20 rubbish

HS of 165 not out with an average of 52 and a strike rate of 117

:lol:

yep proven nothing so far

oh and that's for the domestic one dayers not twenty20

mozza91

Coach

oh and that's for the domestic one dayers not twenty20
He's played 10 games what is it with people on here constantly insulting proven greats who have achieved so much in International cricket and then everyone blows their load over this guy

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
mate, i havent seen someone pick up the ball like Warner for a while, yes he should be in the one day side

Put him in the test side, field placings mean nothing when you clear the fence.

In all seriousness, he's one of the cleanest strikers of the ball I have ever seen, and definitely wouldn't be out of place in the Australian ODI side. Why the f*** isn't he in the Blues Sheffield Shield team?

badav

Bench

So let me get this straight. According to you:

Dale Steyn who averages 23 over 30 tests and has taken wickets against every country is rubbish.

But Dave Warner who has yet to play his first 1st class game, you blow your load over.

You are a muppet.

Hes got potential, but don't get ahead of yourself.

Bazal

Post Whore
Put him in the test side, field placings mean nothing when you clear the fence.

In all seriousness, he's one of the cleanest strikers of the ball I have ever seen, and definitely wouldn't be out of place in the Australian ODI side. Why the f*** isn't he in the Blues Sheffield Shield team?

Full strength or even second strength he's not up there for shield yet IMO...Katich, Jaques, Hughes, are all above him for that. That said, at the moment he'd be more valuable than that hack Mail.

I think, in the longer form, he's more of a 7 in the mould of Gilly as well. I can't see him opening at that level with the way he plays, but he could change games totally from 6 or 7

roopy

Referee
So far he has only proved he is a potential Afridi - meaning he could win the odd game all by himself - but he could definately be anything. He has gifts.

An41

Juniors
Heaps happy for him we were friends in primary school, and was a stand out at most sports. Glad he stuck to his passion and now its paying off

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Full strength or even second strength he's not up there for shield yet IMO...Katich, Jaques, Hughes, are all above him for that. That said, at the moment he'd be more valuable than that hack Mail.

I think, in the longer form, he's more of a 7 in the mould of Gilly as well. I can't see him opening at that level with the way he plays, but he could change games totally from 6 or 7

I agree

pick your best 6 batsmen and slot him in the middle order some where

has to be a better option than Greg Mail

He's played 10 games what is it with people on here constantly insulting proven greats who have achieved so much in International cricket and then everyone blows their load over this guy

you said he achieved nothing when quite clearly after 10 games he has achieved something

So let me get this straight. According to you:

Dale Steyn who averages 23 over 30 tests and has taken wickets against every country is rubbish.

But Dave Warner who has yet to play his first 1st class game, you blow your load over.

You are a muppet.

Hes got potential, but don't get ahead of yourself.

fmd

you again

#1 i said dale steyn's performance in perth was rubbish
#2 i wasn't blowing my load i was presenting facts

all i do is present his career statistics to someone who says he has achieved nothing and that's blowing my load?

f**k off dipsh*t you've proven on so many occasions you wouldn't know your own name if you hadn't written it on your underpants

have you worked out what merkin is you dumb merkin?

coach

Warner for the test team? What about the opening partnership of Warner and Phil Hughes.

stuke

Bench
what will the media do if Warner gets a duck tonight?

his innings the other night was sensational but lets not get ahead of ourselves just yet. as Warner said, he needs to win a 'baggy blue' before he thinks of a 'baggy green'.

blain

Juniors
i wouldnt get to excited, all his good shots were slogs to cow corner, i didnt see any good cover drives or any classy shots, and you all want him in the one day team on the basis of that one innings? let him proove himself at all forms of the game.

he sure can belt the sh*t out of it though.

Godz Illa

Coach
Could be the next Kurt Warner! Kurt was a star of the abridged form of NFL, Arena Football, before hitting the big time. And he was a crowd-pleaser too, pass-pass-pass all day long putting up big numbers!

The Colonel

Immortal
i wouldnt get to excited, all his good shots were slogs to cow corner, i didnt see any good cover drives or any classy shots, and you all want him in the one day team on the basis of that one innings? let him proove himself at all forms of the game.

he sure can belt the sh*t out of it though.

More than one good innings.

His 165 off 112 balls was pretty decent against Sth Aust and the 97 from 54 balls was probably even better against Tasmania. If he scores as quickly as he does, does it matter if its a shot down cow corner or a classic cover drive?

Latest posts