What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DCE Has asked for a release

TheRev

Coach
DCE is a genuine halfback.. so random, so unpredictable, but tough.. thats a quality I love like Andrew Johns, not fragile... and there are only a handful of players like that in the comp.

400-500k would easily be achievable by him, if the cash doesnt come from us, itll come from someone else, you have to show some faith in situations like this with new talent, or you miss out (thats if he did actually end up on the market of course!).

dougieswim

Juniors
How could the dogs afford DCE?? Or are they like the Roosters and Schubert played for them as well so they are exempt from the salary cap??

DCE would be a better long term investment then Stewart. Wouldn't mind both though and we could offload a few of ours to the Sharks.

saint06

Juniors
I reckon we could afford to make a play - i know we have upgraded a lot of contract recently, but we have also let a lot move on - Boyd, Gaz, Costigan, Smith, Scott.

Signing Stewart wouldn't make that much a difference, if anything it may help us, especially if we are linked with Glenn as well, they could have the Eagle connection at the saints (some familiar faces etc). It would make for a pretty good spine if we had King, DCE, Soward, Stewart - with Glenn in the backrow and kyle in the centres. They wouldn't be bagging our attack then.

Dragonwest

Juniors
Every high price contract is a risk. Is paying $350-400g on DCE more or less a risk than paying $600g for an aging but proven Stewart?

I'd punt on DCE, plenty of solid fullbacks around!

TheRev

Coach
Every high price contract is a risk. Is paying $350-400g on DCE more or less a risk than paying $600g for an aging but proven Stewart?

I'd punt on DCE, plenty of solid fullbacks around!

Yes exactly, though question I guess is whether DCE is really on the market at all, and it seems like the Stewart thing is a done deal..

Lovemedragons

Juniors
DCE was awesome against the Tigers, he is a class act and potential to be a star in the comp for the next 10 years. $500K is a small gamble on such a good thing but my gut feel is we're not on his radar at all. Foran is just as good....I fear him lining up for the Dogs in the future and why the f..k can't he play for NSW where he was raised alongside Mitchell Pearce and in the same state as Greg Inglis.

siknick

Juniors
DCE was awesome against the Tigers, he is a class act and potential to be a star in the comp for the next 10 years. $500K is a small gamble on such a good thing but my gut feel is we're not on his radar at all. Foran is just as good....I fear him lining up for the Dogs in the future and why the f..k can't he play for NSW where he was raised alongside Mitchell Pearce and in the same state as Greg Inglis.

Agreed, DCE is currently getting less then 100k atm with manly if saints offer him 350k+ it would be a great investment.. DCE n soward in the halves for 2013 might just be the thing we need for another dominant season !!! :)

Breathingfire

Juniors
Agreed, DCE is currently getting less then 100k atm with manly if saints offer him 350k+ it would be a great investment.. DCE n soward in the halves for 2013 might just be the thing we need for another dominant season !!! :)

I would put my house on him fetching more than 350k on the open market regardless of whether he signs a contract tomorrow or in a years time.

TheRev

Coach
Manly will try to keep him though, by asking for the release he has signalled his intent and Manly will need to get off their bums.

Only way they can keep him is by kicking out more players for 2013.

Bring back choc

Juniors
Or maybe he had wind.....I'll believe we make a marquee signing when whoever it is runs onto the field with our fellas

It could 10 more average mediocre players on 50k each.
That would much smarter. Right up gypsys alley. He's loves a good reserve grader.
Honestly. It's a farce this

Reyter

Juniors
When the Dragons signed Moltzen to a three-year contract on July 12, they did so with the view that the Wests Tigers utility would start his career in the Red V at fullback before switching to halfback when skipper Ben Hornby retires, possibly at the end of next season.

See the article in the SMH. It seems I am too junior to be able to post links.

Hornby retires possibly at the end of next season??!! I have been a huge fan of Hornby for many years but it's time for him to be a utility off the bench or retire now!

And WTF are the Dragons thinking in replacing Boyd and Gasnier for Moltzen!!?? Moltzen is "workman like" at best.

Latest posts