What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DC's Cowboys News and Homerism Thread

Monk

Referee
To Kick it off

Jones optimistic about four injured Cowboys' prognosis

OXNARD, Calif. -- Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones is counting on having his four most recently injured starters back in the lineup for the season opener.

Although right tackle Marc Colombo and linebacker Keith Brooking already were expected to return, and safety Gerald Sensabaugh also seemed likely, Jones' comments Wednesday are the most optimistic yet about left guard Kyle Kosier.

Kosier was expected to miss up to three regular-season games because of a sprained knee. Now Jones believes Kosier could play Sept. 12 at Washington.

"We'll get him back -- hopefully, hopefully -- for the first game," Jones said. "I'm planning on it. ... We'll see how he progresses."

Sensabaugh hurt a shoulder during last Saturday's preseason game against the San Diego Chargers. But Jones said trainers like what they've seen with Sensabaugh's recovery.

"He's doing better than we thought he might be doing in terms of his range of motion and some things," Jones said.

Colombo had an arthoscopic procedure on his right knee a week ago Monday to remove loose particles, some of which might have been bothering him for years.

"He's very pleased that they cleaned out and found what they found," Jones said. "It makes him very optimistic, and me, too, about his future -- not just this year, but years to come. Really, really I think (having had the surgery) is a good thing."

Robert Brewster started in Colombo's spot against the Chargers, but veteran Alex Barron has replaced him on the first team. Barron missed the team part of a workout Tuesday because he's still recovering from an ankle problem, but he was back Wednesday.

"It looked like he went through all of it with flying colors," Cowboys coach Wade Phillips said.

Brooking has a minor shoulder injury, and Jones is glad the team is being cautious with the linebacker's return. Brooking, 34 and coming off a knee operation, is among the team's most intense players.

"I like the idea of Brooking getting a little time off and a break away from what he will be asked to do during the season," Jones said.

Rookie wide receiver Dez Bryant continues to watch practice with the patience of a kid waiting to open birthday presents. After missing most of last season at Oklahoma State because of an NCAA suspension, Bryant has missed the entire preseason with a sprained ankle. He started running on it this week and already has been ruled out of the game Saturday at Houston.

"Certainly, Dez is improving, just champing at the bit, can't understand why he can't get out here and participate," Jones said. "But he's got to have blind faith in his coaches and trainers, that we're doing what's best."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...timistic-about-four-injured-cowboys-prognosis

DC_fan

Coach
Just a thread for Cowboys news so you don't crowd the forum with all of your Cowboys threads. I don't mind, but the lesser beings (a.k.a non-cowboys fans) do.

What there is non-cowboys fan! You kid me right?

Monk

Referee
I think it's something to do with missing chromosomes. The more extreme cases are know to be "eagles" and "giants" fans.

I would avoid them at all costs, I'm not sure if it is contagious or not.

DC_fan

Coach
It seems like the Cowboys have got themselves a kicker.

David Buehler come to the Cowboys last season for the sole purpose of kicking off, which he was outstanding at. Nick Folk had the job of kicking the field goals and extra points. Unfortunately Folks form went south and lost his job.

This season the Cowboys had Buehler, who had never had an NFL attempt for field goal or extra point, and no one else. He has kicked quite well during the preseason.

In the game today against Miami he converted 4 of 4 field goal attempts. The longest being 51 yards. He won the game for the Cowboys with a 31 yarder just as the clock ticked over to zero in the 4th quarter.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Crayton is a solid slot receiver, they should have dealt/cut Roy E for a 7th rounder and had Austin and Bryant starting with Patrick in the slot

Monk

Referee
Thats what i was thinking, we gave away Crayton for a 7th, this guy isn't evn worth that...

DC_fan

Coach
The Cowboys cut the following players
Here are the 20 players released by the Cowboys on Saturday:

OT Will Barker
OG Travis Bright (a little surprised)
DE Marcus Dixon (had a poor preseason)
RB Herb Donaldson
TE DajLeon Farr
CB Cletis Gordon (surprised, he had a good preseason)
WR Jesse Holley
WR Manny Johnson (a little surprised)
OLB Curtis Johnson
CB Bryan McCann (surprised)
RB Lonyae Miller
LB Steve Octavien
TE Jason Pociask
TE Martin Rucker
DT Jimmy Saddler-McQueen
LB Brandon Sharpe
DE Junior Siavii (surprised)
OL Mike Tepper
CB Jamar Wall
CB Teddy Williams

Among the players who have made the team for now are four undrafted rookies – Phil Costa, safeties Barry Church and Danny McCray and fullback Chris Gronkowski. Also, linebacker Leon Williams remains on the roster as well.

For me Costa is a surprise. I would have went with Bright instead. I like Church and McCray. Church could be one our starting safeties come next season. With Gronkowski being on the roster that gives us two fullbacks. I will be surprised if we start the season with that number. Leon Williams is an interesting player. He spent the 2009 season with the New York Sentinels, formerly of the United Football League.