What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

De belin

I have zero sympathy for them.

It’s not just rugby league
Look at Weinstein
The music industry
That bloke from the breakfast TV show in the US

They have been told
They’ve had lessons
They been told over and over again

It’s 2018
Facebook twitter Instagram are rife , everyone has a high definition video camera in their hands ALL the time.

Mat Johns somehow made it back to the top.
He is rare
It’ll never happen again.
Not now.
Don't get me wrong mate, I have no sympathy for them either. I'm just trying to paint a picture of what these players grew up to and the environment that surrounded them.
I'll use DeBellin as an example as it is his thread.
He's 27 now, in 2002 when the Johns incident occurred he was 11 but the story was pretty much on the down low and "nothing to see here".
When it really broke out with all the details of the gang bang etc it was 2009. DeBellin was 18, his formative years, playing footy, trying to make a name for himself, along with a lot of other hopefuls.
The story was huge and they now know the fill extent. I dare say they all watched The Footy show on 9 and Johns would've been a hero to many of them.
At 18 what do you reckon these kids were talking about in regards to the incident?
Would it be "Matt Johns is an awful man who cheated on his wife and should be punished "
Or would it be "Man that Matty Johns got a chick back and got her to feed the boys!" *laughing*.
Low and behold a couple of years later he's back on TV and making a helluva career.
Now if The Matty Johns Show calls and asks you to be on it the answer is yes. Maybe they even think they too can make a career after footy saying dumb jokes and having no ability to read a game. Plus, Matty Johns f**ked up in his career and still made a go of It, why can't I?
I agree with you that this will not happen again.
It's just these boys are protected from their teens and into their career. They take a long time to mature as men, some don't ever.
They've had dubious heroes and role models to look up to and yet no one from News Ltd or the other mob connect the dots and see where the rot really is, or won't say it.

carcharias

Immortal
Don't get me wrong mate, I have no sympathy for them either. I'm just trying to paint a picture of what these players grew up to and the environment that surrounded them.
I'll use DeBellin as an example as it is his thread.
He's 27 now, in 2002 when the Johns incident occurred he was 11 but the story was pretty much on the down low and "nothing to see here".
When it really broke out with all the details of the gang bang etc it was 2009. DeBellin was 18, his formative years, playing footy, trying to make a name for himself, along with a lot of other hopefuls.
The story was huge and they now know the fill extent. I dare say they all watched The Footy show on 9 and Johns would've been a hero to many of them.
At 18 what do you reckon these kids were talking about in regards to the incident?
Would it be "Matt Johns is an awful man who cheated on his wife and should be punished "
Or would it be "Man that Matty Johns got a chick back and got her to feed the boys!" *laughing*.
Low and behold a couple of years later he's back on TV and making a helluva career.
Now if The Matty Johns Show calls and asks you to be on it the answer is yes. Maybe they even think they too can make a career after footy saying dumb jokes and having no ability to read a game. Plus, Matty Johns f**ked up in his career and still made a go of It, why can't I?
I agree with you that this will not happen again.
It's just these boys are protected from their teens and into their career. They take a long time to mature as men, some don't ever.
They've had dubious heroes and role models to look up to and yet no one from News Ltd or the other mob connect the dots and see where the rot really is, or won't say it.
Oh I totally agree with what you wrote
I couldn’t stand Mat Johns for years after that.
I softened a bit lately- he is actually a pretty clever bloke.

I ‘m just saying these current players have had enough education to know right from wrong.
Way more than Johns’ era

They are idiots.
They’ll never learn.

I constantly point out security cameras to my boys to try and make them aware if they do dumb shit they’ll get caught.

Surely

Post Whore
They are all under a microscope these days

I know one thing though .... The old woman scorned thing is no myth

ouryears

Bench
Go to goons forum and read the sticky rumour thread at the top. It’s so good to see his posts this morning before it broke. Go check it out.
Hey wally, nice to see you follow me....
Let’s see if that brick you call a brain can comprehend
Dumb people, yes you...find people guilty before facts are heard and a jury decides.
Can your brain understand there is a process before hanging someone?!
Confident a person like you would have been accused of 20 bad things, that even you might have been innocent of 1
Yep.....JDB could be innocent, or is that too hard for your brick to comprehend!?

Enjoy another season with Dugan taking up 800k of your cap, (oh that’s right, you cheat that) scoring no tries, being injured, and being the place where the ball goes to die
Enjoy 2 more hidings from us, just to rub last seasons 2 towel ups you got from us
And enjoy Gallen on his walking stick shuffling his way to the line

Look up the latitude and co ordinates for Perth, you will need to know where it is to watch your side very soon
Ohhh, and enjoy having Flanigan squirm as his D Day approaches

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Dumb people, yes you...find people guilty before facts are heard and a jury decides.
Confident a person like you would have been accused of 20 bad things, that even you might have been innocent of 1
Yep.....JDB could be innocent, or is that too hard for your brick to comprehend!?

Enjoy another season with Dugan taking up 800k of your cap, (oh that’s right, you cheat that) scoring no tries, being injured, and being the place where the ball goes to die
Enjoy 2 more hidings from us, just to rub last seasons 2 towel ups you got from us

Look up the latitude and co ordinates for Perth, you will need to know where it is to watch your side very soon
Oh dear......looks like someone just lost their shit! From what I've heard...JDB is about as much chance of playing footy next year as Flanno is of coaching.

That is an all time rant.

It’s no wonder even those in the dragons forum don’t like you.

But you are right, people can be wrong. Like you on the morning the story broke when you suggested the rumour wasn’t even legit.

Nekkminit JDB charged.

Hilarious.

carcharias

Immortal
Hahahaha
Look at this our years fan boy.
In the Sharks forum sticking up for a Dragons player arrested for sexual assault.

What a f**king desperate merkin.

jack059

Juniors

RUOK mate?

Stake Removed

First Grade
So with all this going on, we will still get on front page of Tele, Vatican linked to sharks email, i can see it now

coolumsharkie

Referee

th

Latest posts