What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dean Young

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Mary would think it comes striped in the same can
tenor.gif

George Dragon

Juniors
Dean Young to quit St George Illawarra to join incoming North Queensland coach Todd Payten

Interim coach Dean Young is poised to quit St George Illawarra to join a rival NRL team in a move that will rock the Dragons and trigger a series of coaching changes around the league.
Interim Dragons coach Dean Young is poised to quit St George Illawarra after being overlooked for the top job in favour of Anthony Griffin.
In a stunning move that will rock the Dragons, News Corp can reveal Young is favoured to join incoming North Queensland coach Todd Payten’s staff as an assistant.
However, in another twist, the 36-year-old also completed an interview with Newcastle on Monday.
There had been speculation linking Young to the Wests Tigers but a shift to Concord appears unlikely. There had also been talk of him joining the New Zealand Warriors on former Dragons teammate Nathan Brown’s staff.
While he hasn’t formally decided to leave St George Illawarra, it is becoming increasingly likely he will sign with either North Queensland or Newcastle, breaking away from the club at which he played his entire career, and won the 2010 premiership.
A daily commute from Wollongong to Concord may swing Young towards Townsville or Newcastle, where he would relocate.
Young was an assistant coach under Paul McGregor before being made interim coach, and he has another year remaining on his current Dragons contract.
He missed the top job at St George Illawarra earlier this month when the club’s board opted for Griffin as head coach.
A move away would scupper any thoughts the Dragons had of grooming Young to succeed Griffin.
It is understood Young and Griffin are close and the Dragons want their former forward to serve out the remaining year of his current contract in 2021. However, the club won’t stand in his way if he chooses to seek a release.

Young’s father Craig is a Dragons great and a club director, while the man himself has only ever represented and coached at Saints.
There is a belief among certain sections at the Dragons that a stint at a rival club would only broaden his career and enhance Young’s resume.
Young – who played for the Dragons, Country Origin, NSW and Australia – became interim coach when the club sacked McGregor in August.
A shift to North Queensland under Payten, the current Warriors interim coach, is an option Young is strongly considering.
Young is seen as a rising star in the coaching ranks and has already attracted praise
from former NSW State of Origin coach Laurie Daley.
Should he join Newcastle under head coach Adam O’Brien, Young may take the place of David Furner, who, ironically, was another candidate for the Dragons position.
The highly regarded Furner is almost certain to sign as an assistant to Trent Barrett at Canterbury in a new-look coaching department that will also include Cronulla’s Craig Sandercock and the Cowboys’ David Tangata-Toa, who has impressed with his work with Penrith’s junior pathways and as an assistant coach with the Tongan national team.
Young, part of the Dragons 2010 premiership-winning side, has secured mixed success as interim coach at the Dragons.
Players, however speak highly of his coaching ability and football nous
Griffin’s appointment sparked plenty of debate and, while accepting of the decision, Young was known to be disappointed at being overlooked for the head coaching role.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...m/news-story/c4534e4432b134acfe1550d6366ab393

Dean Young to quit St George Illawarra to join incoming North Queensland coach Todd Payten

Interim coach Dean Young is poised to quit St George Illawarra to join a rival NRL team in a move that will rock the Dragons and trigger a series of coaching changes around the league.
Interim Dragons coach Dean Young is poised to quit St George Illawarra after being overlooked for the top job in favour of Anthony Griffin.
In a stunning move that will rock the Dragons, News Corp can reveal Young is favoured to join incoming North Queensland coach Todd Payten’s staff as an assistant.
However, in another twist, the 36-year-old also completed an interview with Newcastle on Monday.
There had been speculation linking Young to the Wests Tigers but a shift to Concord appears unlikely. There had also been talk of him joining the New Zealand Warriors on former Dragons teammate Nathan Brown’s staff.
While he hasn’t formally decided to leave St George Illawarra, it is becoming increasingly likely he will sign with either North Queensland or Newcastle, breaking away from the club at which he played his entire career, and won the 2010 premiership.
A daily commute from Wollongong to Concord may swing Young towards Townsville or Newcastle, where he would relocate.
Young was an assistant coach under Paul McGregor before being made interim coach, and he has another year remaining on his current Dragons contract.
He missed the top job at St George Illawarra earlier this month when the club’s board opted for Griffin as head coach.
A move away would scupper any thoughts the Dragons had of grooming Young to succeed Griffin.
It is understood Young and Griffin are close and the Dragons want their former forward to serve out the remaining year of his current contract in 2021. However, the club won’t stand in his way if he chooses to seek a release.

Young’s father Craig is a Dragons great and a club director, while the man himself has only ever represented and coached at Saints.
There is a belief among certain sections at the Dragons that a stint at a rival club would only broaden his career and enhance Young’s resume.
Young – who played for the Dragons, Country Origin, NSW and Australia – became interim coach when the club sacked McGregor in August.
A shift to North Queensland under Payten, the current Warriors interim coach, is an option Young is strongly considering.
Young is seen as a rising star in the coaching ranks and has already attracted praise
Should he join Newcastle under head coach Adam O’Brien, Young may take the place of David Furner, who, ironically, was another candidate for the Dragons position.
The highly regarded Furner is almost certain to sign as an assistant to Trent Barrett at Canterbury in a new-look coaching department that will also include Cronulla’s Craig Sandercock and the Cowboys’ David Tangata-Toa, who has impressed with his work with Penrith’s junior pathways and as an assistant coach with the Tongan national team.
Young, part of the Dragons 2010 premiership-winning side, has secured mixed success as interim coach at the Dragons.
Griffin’s appointment sparked plenty of debate and, while accepting of the decision, Young was known to be disappointed at being overlooked for the head coaching role.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...m/news-story/c4534e4432b134acfe1550d6366ab393

In a move that will 'rock the Dragons'. How the f#*k do journos come up with such rubbish?! LOLOLOL.

Straight Shooter

ChocOConnor

Juniors
Wait wait wait.

Am I reading this and coming up with the thought that dean himself thinks he should have been named coach.

Surely he is not kicking stones thinking he should have Got the job as the coach.

Let me give you some advice DY. Loved you as a player and yes you are that is All red and white but understand this club is in the situation it is due to total mismanagement of the football side of things by people who actually thought they should be the coach when he should never of been let through the fkg gym doors.
Go ply your trade else where and I hope to god you become our own Bellamy Robbo or bennet as I think leaving the walls of a place that is a 2nd home to you and your family would be a blessing and the best thing right now for the club and yourself.

redv13

Bench
Flop junior had the broncos, titans and the cowboys. Dream start to his 1st grade career and he blew it big time and nearly f**ked the broncos game too with his rubbish game management and bench rotation. The fact that he feels hard done by suggests he’s in it for himself and himself only. Should have copped it on the chin at 36 yrs of age, head down ass up with Griffin then reassess in 3/4 years time. You’re going to finish 1-5 champ, just as bad as you’re previous boss. Same coaching style, same shit attitude

BLM01

First Grade

What is laughable was that Mary's management mentioned through one news source said he may put his hand up for the Cowboys job. Put it back down Mc85...yes you were 85 minutes away from a Cowboys interview.
Go Dean...do it....but I am not convinced yet he will.and end up staying....but hope I am wrong
Endorsed by Laurie Daley..enough said...when did Laurie coach with him.?

But I have an assistant i would like to see from left field who has huge wraps and was in our system coaching Under 20's?..a while ago
Adrian Lam

redv13

Bench
What is laughable was that Mary's management mentioned through one news source said he may put his hand up for the Cowboys job. Put it back down Mc85...yes you were 85 minutes away from a Cowboys interview.
Go Dean...do it....but I am not convinced yet he will.and end up staying....but hope I am wrong
Endorsed by Laurie Daley..enough said...when did Laurie coach with him.?

But I have an assistant i would like to see from left field who has huge wraps and was in our system coaching Under 20's?..a while ago
Adrian Lam
Very left field!! Can’t see him leaving Wigan Warriors to become an assistant at Saints though

Gareth67

First Grade
What is wrong with the world today? You have graduates in the workforce with one years experience thinking they should be MD and here you have Dean Young thinking he should have been appointed the dragons coach. Call me old school but WTF is it with these sense of entitlement generations?

I know exactly where your coming from Henry . When I was a 1st year apprentice the fitter that I was working with told me to go to the tool store and ask for a long weight .

So being a conscientious young fellow of 15 I done just that . Well 4 years later the same fitter came down to the tool store and said that my wait was over and I was now a fully qualified fitter and machinist ! :flushed:

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I know exactly where your coming from Henry . When I was a 1st year apprentice the fitter that I was working with told me to go to the tool store and ask for a long weight .

So being a conscientious young fellow of 15 I done just that . Well 4 years later the same fitter came down to the tool store and said that my wait was over and I was now a fully qualified fitter and machinist ! :flushed:
I preferred the striped paint joke personally..