What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dear Bluey II

Aragorn

First Grade
we need an impact player that can come on and do a few big hits to get the boys fired up. I honestly think we're missing this killer attitude in our defence. Someone needs to whisper into Bluey's ears about this. Take a leaf out of Manly's books and turn the defense into an attacking weapon. f**k, we did that so beautifully against the storm in the semis last year, and to a certain extent, in the final as well. How we go from that to a bunch of disorganised soft c**ks this year is beyond me.

Iafeta

Referee
Bluey seems to have earned the job based on an achievement in 2005, being a Kiwi and also someone you'd have a jar with.

The man has little idea how to lead an NRL side towards winning games.

They told he's a motivator. I don't see it.

He told me last week our attack was the issue, then the week before it was our defence. He tells me Omar is up to it, but he probably won't re-sign him. He has less idea about how to use a bench than a man with no arse.

+1,000,000. Epic no hoper.

tangalife

Juniors
to be fair it was exactly the same last year, the two starting props (usually Rapira and Packer) would come off at the 20 min mark. Except last year the two props that came on were providing just as good go forward.

Lillyman isn't as good as last year, and Lousi has a gone a little downhill. They aren't dominating like Packer and Ben do.

Lousi played better when he was a starting prop.

Sort the f**king outside backs out. Omar is clearly not up to it, Tupou will always be Tupou (very average) and Henry will never be a special centre. Watching the ball get spread left was cringe-worthy last night.

Iafeta

Referee
In fairness, Packer is a far more fit player this year ... he was a disappointment to me last year. I think he can certainly go longer minutes. In the 20s he practically played Steve Price-esque minutes. Time to release the hand brake on Mateo, Matulino and Packer.... at the very least at no stage should all three be off.

Izz

Bench
I think the surgery Packer had on his heels over the off-season has really helped him lift his game. He could play the full 80 easy, i reckon. Also reckon Big Ben could play 60. Not sure why what Cleary did last season, when all four props were playing well, is being continued this season.

Actually, i do know: BluesClues has no clues when it comes to how to use his interchange bench.

what ever

Juniors
dont get me wrong... Bluey has had a shocker...

with the talent at his disposal its disgraceful the manner in which they have been losing....

but there comes a point when you also need to look at the likes of Shaun Johnson who really should have iced that game.

this is the 2nd time this season where he should have come in and iced the game... if he wants to be a top quality half... thats what he need to do.

too many times he's happy to pass it on to Maloney... next season he has Leuluai outside him...

To True about Shaun. You watch were he positions himself a lot of the time.... so he doesn't get the ball. Does the same thing in defense. And then when the game is nearly over he shows up looking like he is always there... what's that about.

Brando

Juniors
Whenever I have played chess I have played with inatimate objects that don't have individual thoughts or feelings, don't carry injuries, can't make poor choices and have no opinions and never attempt field goals!

Last edited:

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Anyone notice Bluey looks like Elmer Fudd? That's my new nickname for him. Elmer is not catching many wascally wabbits this year (ironically we actually beat the Wabbits).

JoeD

First Grade
Listening to Bluey this morning on radio Sport he said he wanted Mateo to play LESS minutes but was forced to bring him on earlier than he would have liked. Surely Mateo can play more minutes than he currently does.

Izz

Bench
Anyone notice Bluey looks like Elmer Fudd? That's my new nickname for him. Elmer is not catching many wascally wabbits this year (ironically we actually beat the Wabbits).
Our only complete game of the season, imo. RadioSport ran an advertisement earlier in the year with Bluey as Elmer Fudd. Funny stuff.

Izz

Bench
Listening to Bluey this morning on radio Sport he said he wanted Mateo to play LESS minutes but was forced to bring him on earlier than he would have liked. Surely Mateo can play more minutes than he currently does.
:crazy:

Juju

Juniors
\
If Bluey wants Mateo playing less mins we are DOOMED.

Do we see the same game's as this dunce? :(

hitman82

Bench

Perhaps he means he wants Mateo to play shorter spells but put in more attack? In the first 15 of the Knights game, Mateo was involved in everything, and would definitely have been getting tired. Maybe Bluey is thinking 40 minutes at 90% rather than 60 minutes at 75%. I can see where he's coming from, as Mateo definitely doesn't produce the same level in his higher minutes games. But it's no good when you also pull your best props AND have no good replacement for Mateo.