What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Defence is the key.

melon....

Coach
Moffo said:
I think that the 2002 roosters also excelled through attack

The defence factor was purely the influence of Morley. If you took him out, the roosters pack would still be somewhat soft in my opinion. Ill pay Fitzgibbon,

but Ricketson, Cayless, Catic and Cusack? Not bad players, but hardly intimidators. Ricketson can tackle himself to a standstill, but so can many other NRL players

Cheers,
Moffo
In 2002 it was the Roosters defence that caught everyone napping. Catic wasnt at the club, Cayless was settling in, but you forget we had kidwell who gave 1000 percent, Bonetti who could out tackle anything, and Crocker was beginning to make a name for himself.

You pay your dues, and you dont short change the Roosters Dog boy.

Rooster Cogburn. said:
Why do you fools think that Johns chose Double Bay? You people are so thick. For the uneducated, Double Bay is hardly a suburb full of Rugby league supporters. It is full of people like Renee Rivkin, Mary Fairfax and homo hairdresser Joh Bailey who probably thinks footy is a term for some sexual act!
There's plenty of Roosters fans in Bondi, Bondi Junction, Randwick, Waverley, Clovelly, Coogee, Bronte etc.

Yet Double Bay is a suburb of the Eastern Suburbs, and there weren't too many supporters around as demonstrated by Reg Reagan. Once again, your argument severely flawed Cogburn. :lol:

And you just don't stop at being a racist xenophobe do you Cogburn you moron, now you're a homophobe as well?? Considering that a lot of them do live around the Eastern Suburbs, you should learn to treat them with a little more respect.

Rooster Cogburn. said:
Mt Druitt, Emu plains, Blackett, Bidwill, Dharruk etc, etc.... All 2 headed crime infested suburbs! I'll stay in the beautuful east, thanks all the same! ;-)

Big Panther Cool said:
Brad Fittler went to school in Emu Plains you xenophobic idiot!!! He went to McCarthy Senior High.

In previous posts, you've made sweeping generalisations about the west and its inhabitants. Cambridge Park is in the west, and therefore, you have bagged out a part of town where your team captain grew up!!! :roll: :roll:

YOU JUST LOVE GETTING JARRED DON'T YOU COGBURN???? :lol: :lol:

A display of MORE STUPIDITY from ROOSTER COGBURN for EVERYONE TO SEE!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

Rooster Cogburn. said:
As I said, give me the Eastern Suburbs any day over those sh1thole suburbs out west.
I find it funny that Penrith's better paid players live on the Northern beaches and who could blame them? Why would you live in a hole like Penrith and it's surrounding suburbs if you could afford to live in civilised surroundings? ;-)

What you have just witnessed here, ladies and gentleman, is the chapters outlining Rooster Cogburn's NARROW-MINDEDNESS and PLAIN STUPIDITY!! :lol:

He claims to a supporter of the sydney roosters, yet proceeds to belittle and trash the suburbs where his own team captain, Brad Fittler, once called home, and the area where he grew up and learned how to become the footballer that he is today. What a sad, bitter and twisted cretin you are Cogburn!! :lol:

You have just made a complete goose out of yourself Cogburn. :lol: :lol: Try using your brain (or whatever you have left of it) for a change before you do any further damage to yourself.

JARRED BIG TIME ROOSTER COGBURN :lol: :lol: :lol:

Moffo

Referee
Rooster Cogburn. said:
Moffo said:

The defence factor was purely the influence of Morley. If you took him out, the roosters pack would still be somewhat soft in my opinion. Ill pay Fitzgibbon,

but Ricketson, Cayless, Catic and Cusack? Not bad players, but hardly intimidators. Ricketson can tackle himself to a standstill, but so can many other NRL players

Cheers,
Moffo

Pretty simplistic and predictable view Moffo. Nearly every club has an enforcer but how many clubs have more than one? You tell me. Morley missed 3 games in a row this season yet Easts won all 3 games comfortably. If you think Cayless, Ricko, Cusack and co are soft then you are very clueless! Ask any forward in the game what they think, I know what they'd say.

haha...and who were they playing without Morley???

Lets face facts, Morley turned the roosters forwards around from a pack of pussy whipped paupers into a feared unit

Cheers,
Moffo

Moffo

Referee
melon.... said:
Moffo said:

Cheers,
Moffo
In 2002 it was the Roosters defence that caught everyone napping. Catic wasnt at the club, Cayless was settling in, but you forget we had kidwell who gave 1000 percent, Bonetti who could out tackle anything, and Crocker was beginning to make a name for himself.

You pay your dues, and you dont short change the Roosters Dog boy.

Being able to tackle makes one intimidating now does it? :lol: Cayless is soft for mine. Ill pay Kidwell, he is a tough bugger. Crocker did bugger all in 2002.

It was the intimidation that surprised everyone in 2002, primarily through Morley. Defence? What? The two teams with the most intimidating players (Villa @ Warriors and Morley @ Roosters) made the gf in 2002. Coincidence? I think not

Teams have now adjusted to it. Penrith beat the roosters in the 2003 gf with intelligence

Cheers,
Moffo

Pantherjim.

Referee
Rooster Cogburn. said:
Canterbury said:
Pantherjim. said:
Can Anyone cast their mind back to the footy show (I think it was the episode before the preliminary finals) Where Reg Regan went to Double Bay to see if He could find some Roosters supporters? The vast majority of the people he interviewed didn't even know who the Roosters were! :lol: :lol: :lol: Killing!

Pantherjim.

i remember that.. biggest laugh out of reg ragens segment i ever got. ;-)

Why do you fools think that Johns chose Double Bay? You people are so thick. For the uneducated, Double Bay is hardly a suburb full of Rugby league supporters. It is full of people like Renee Rivkin, Mary Fairfax and homo hairdresser Joh Bailey who probably thinks footy is a term for some sexual act!
There's plenty of Roosters fans in Bondi, Bondi Junction, Randwick, Waverley, Clovelly, Coogee, Bronte etc.
As I said, give me the Eastern Suburbs any day over those sh1thole suburbs out west.
I find it funny that Penrith's better paid players live on the Northern beaches and who could blame them? Why would you live in a hole like Penrith and it's surrounding suburbs if you could afford to live in civilised surroundings? ;-)

Penrith's better paid players? the only players that comes to mind who live away from Penrith Co*kburn is Girds and Chris Hicks, and the only reason they live there is because they like the beach lifestyle. They're surfers etc. (Stands to reason, Girds being a former Illawarra junior)
I think you'll find the majority of other Penrith Stars live in and around the Penrith area.

I find it funny that a lot of Roosters supporters actually live in the Western Suburbs, and despite their delusions of Grandeur of being "holier than thou" Are no better a class of person in terms of character or financial status than the rest of us. :roll:

Have you ever been to Penrith Co*kburn? Over 80,000 people live in your so-called "sh*thole" and inerestingly enough, Federally it's actually a blue ribbon Liberal party electorate, with excellent housing, shopping, sport and recreation facilities and a low crime-rate.

If you want to live in your drug-ridden, congested, polluted, motorist -unfriendly suburbs then be my guest, but you'll forgive me if I prefer my wide open, fresh-air spaces with ample parking, low crime, beautiful scenery, no used hypodermics, hardly any traffic, big, modern houses with ample living space and yes.... Heterosexual night clubs a plenty!

Pantherjim.

Pantherjim.

Referee
Rooster Cogburn. said:
Fittler lives in the city with his girl.
As for the beaches in the East, Bronte, Clovelly and Coogee are nice. Bondi used to be good but is now full of westies who swim in their king gee shorts and use beer cartons to sunbake on. Their idea of a smoothie is the finish on their recently polished HQ kingswood. :lol:

Doubt it... westies have taste when it comes to beaches: Avalon, McMasters, etc. Too many used hypodermics, dad's army rejects and transexual Roosters supporters in their bikinis at Bronte, Clovelly, Coogee and Bondi. :lol:

Besides when I'm in the mood to go to a beach I want surf, sand, sun and relaxation... not a bunch of "Fitness for life" Marine wanabees yelling, screaming and kicking sand all over me while I'm trying to sunbake!
:roll:
Pantherjim.

Rooster Cogburn. said:
The above few posts demonstrates clearly what the word moron means. :lol:

Your attempts at a comeback demonstrates clearly what the word JARRED means :lol: :lol: :lol:

You lost for words because your demonstration of STUPIDITY is here for all to see???? :lol:

Big Panther Cool said:
Rooster Cogburn. said:
The above few posts demonstrates clearly what the word moron means. :lol:

Your attempts at a comeback demonstrates clearly what the word JARRED means :lol: :lol: :lol:

You lost for words because your demonstration of STUPIDITY is here for all to see???? :lol:

You seem to like the word jarred! What is your fascination with this?

Rooster Cogburn. said:
What's up stupid, the question too hard for you? :lol:

Look who's talking??? The guy who can't answer the question, "What did the roosters team achieve in the NRL premiership of 2003"?? :lol:

Look who's talking??? The guy who puts down the suburbs where his own captain originates from, and where he learned his footballing prowess. :lol:

JARRED is the situation you keep getting yourself into when you make ludicrous comments. You're caught in a dead end. You have no answers. You make a complete goose out of yourself. You try and retort with useless comebacks. You make yourself an even more complete goose out of yourself. AND IT'S ALL FOR HERE TO SEE!!!! :lol: :lol:

You are only saying those things to cover your own stupidity. Now back to that lowlife suburb you come from. I'm off to get a latte! :lol:

JJ

Immortal
Rooster Cogburn. said:
What's up stupid, the question too hard for you? :lol:

Are you naturally a prick, or do you have to practice regularly?

And speaking of stupid, you haven't yet explained how winning 1/3 encounters, finishing below Penrith on the table, and loosing the Grand Final makes the Roosters a better team in 2003!

Rooster Cogburn. said:
You are only saying those things to cover your own stupidity. Now back to that lowlife suburb you come from. I'm off to get a latte! :lol:

See folks???? rooster cogburn, exposing himself as the gutless coward that he is. Can't back his own comments. Can't answer simple questions. Insult's his own captain's stomping ground. Credibility rating = ZERO!! :lol:

What a sad, sad individual!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Easts supporters are all nice people. :D But I don't suffer fools gladly and unfortunately there is a lot of them on this site.
I'll say it again for the dope from Penrith, Easts are a better team than Penrith and this will be proven in 2004.
And JJ I think you should stick with the All Blacks, you seem to know more about them than league! :lol:

Rooster Cogburn. said:
I'll say it again for the dope from Penrith, Easts are a better team than Penrith and this will be proven in 2004.

Well then, give us your proof professor!! Where's the evidence that the roosters are better (Who the hell is Easts??)!! This will be interesting......

Nothing?????????

Well answer this question then. You seem to be ducking this question but I'll keep plodding away....

What has the sydney roosters team achieved in the 2003 NRL premiership????

Big Panther Cool said:
Rooster Cogburn. said:

Well then, give us your proof professor!! Where's the evidence that the roosters are better (Who the hell is Easts??)!! This will be interesting......

Nothing?????????

Well answer this question then. You seem to be ducking this question but I'll keep plodding away....

Have a look at the Australian team you dope. :lol:

Rooster Cogburn. said:
Big Panther Cool said:
Rooster Cogburn. said:

Nothing?????????

Have a look at the Australian team you dope. :lol:

Read my question again. What has the sydney roosters TEAM achieved in the 2003 NRL premiership????

I'm not talking about individual players. IMBECILE!! :lol: :lol:

The Roosters were the best team during the season. Every coach and player would admit that. Your one hit wonder team fluked a premiership and they (penrith) will head back to their lowly position in 2004 while Easts will no doubt contest the premiership again and most probably win. I will be proven right. :D

JJ

Immortal
Rooster Cogburn. said:
Easts supporters are all nice people. :D But I don't suffer fools gladly and unfortunately there is a lot of them on this site.
And JJ I think you should stick with the All Blacks, you seem to know more about them than league! :lol:

Last I heard, they weren't called Easts any more.

Now rooster, I'll use small words so you can follow - Penrith 2003 minor premiers, 2003 premiers, and beat the Roosters 2/3 times in 2003. That makes Penrith the better side - ok??

As for 2004 - we'll see, and that has no bearing on 2003, because when it counted Penrith were better!! Again, get back on your meds!!

Latest posts