What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Definition of a choke?

OVP

Coach
Whats the difference between The Dragons and an arsonist ?

An arsonist wont waste 26 matches.

badav

Bench
the dragons didn't choke. they were gone as soon as they were dusted by souths, which was a few weeks before the finals started.

textbook definition of choke = bulldogs in 2006. ie: when you have a big game wrapped up and find a way to lose it.

Doggiesfan09

Juniors
the dragons didn't choke. they were gone as soon as they were dusted by souths, which was a few weeks before the finals started.

textbook definition of choke = bulldogs in 2006. ie: when you have a big game wrapped up and find a way to lose it.

Haha the definition of a choke is the Dragons playing anytime in september or october .

Im pretty sure the bulldogs in that game had a 1 man bench for the second half an lost our main playmaker.

The biggest choke i have ever seen was the 99 grand final ,who was it again

Doggiesfan09

Juniors
I heard yesterday too that the dust storm was started in the St george area cause Doust decided he wanted to open the trophy cabinet

drake

First Grade
The only reason there are so many 'choke' posts about the Dragons is the passionate nature of our supporter base, as internet heroes fish for flames. Most clubs would kill for supporters like we have, after 30 years of nothing, there are still a large group of fans that go to every game - including NZ. And do it without trashing trains or surrounding suburbs.

I realised after our loss last Saturday night that I would have been far more happy about our season if I didn't read posts from the never rans on this forum. I got quite annoyed with myself that the opinions of people who aren't allowed to speak in regular company affected me so much.

At the end of the day, the Dragons players didn't do as well as I believe they could have, but they did a sh*t load better than I ever could.

Whether faceless clowns on a forum, or egotistical wankers like Voss call us chokers is irrelevant. We will still be one the most famous sporting clubs in this nations history. we will still have a massive supporter base that proudly wears their team's colours. We will still have 4 immortals to call our own and a Dragons player on the trophy everyone wants to get their hands on.

Take a good hard look at your own club, what it has acheived in recent years, what it has contributed to the game and what it's actions, it's player's actions and the actions of your fellow supporters has cost the game.

I'm proud to be a Saints supporter, always have been, always will be.

And no flame from a nobody on an internet forum will change that.

Good luck to the supporters with team's in the finals; I hope your bitchy little jibes don't come back to haunt you.