What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Delaney - Sunday Telegraph rumour.

btaag

Juniors
In the Telegraph today as the player rumoured to be following Smith to Newcastle... pure speculation or does anyone have mail on him not being happy with the Jaime Lyon rumours?

hybrideel

Bench
i would think considering his future looks to be in the back row, that it is the usual telecrap

BlueNGoldBlood

Juniors
"**insert name here** will be following smith" will happen all year long as expected... most of it is just desperate journos bullsh*t..

TheParraboy

Staff member
I fully expect a few parra players to follow smithy, some will in 07 ,some will in 08. Anyone can see that

There will be tons of rumours until after june30

hold onto your seats :eek:

parra_princess

Juniors
Surely that can't be anything more than pure speculation.
Or in the case of Telecrap "It seems logical, so lets make it appear certain to happen".

We havn't re-signed/signed Jamie Lyon. Ashley Graham = Gone = $$$ Petersen too = Gone = $$$
There would be any number of clubs after Delaney not just Newcastle

Another poo article by the Tele.

Utey

Coach
I wouldnt be heartbroken, but Id like him to stay if it was indeed Delaney.

eels1986

Juniors
Ben Smith looks like signing a new contract so the journos have to look at another young player - hey presto lets put Delaney's name in. Yep definately going to Newcastle with Smith, oh wait news will come out soon that he is resigning with the Eels and they will have to pick another player mmm - who's next????

Hurriflatch

Referee
As said this will happen with just about every single player off contract

just like every Knights player off contract will be linked to Parramatta

nöyd

Staff member
A mate at work told me today he heard that Lyon is now talking to St. George-Illawarra (not sure if that had been posted - apologies if it has) as Barrett looks like leaving

I'd say he was just geeing up though because he is a Dragons fan

strider

Post Whore
nöyd said:
A mate at work told me today he heard that Lyon is now talking to St. George-Illawarra (not sure if that had been posted - apologies if it has) as Barrett looks like leaving

I'd say he was just geeing up though because he is a Dragons fan

it was in the papers .... altho who knows how much credability any of these things have .... maybe just a journo going, "hmmm, stgeorge will have some cap money = jamie lyon"

Kornstar

Coach
I have heard that we are going to sign Benny and then Delaney in a short space apart, we are looking at Lyon as a 5/8th

Avenger

Immortal
Kornstar said:
I have heard that we are going to sign Benny and then Delaney in a short space apart, we are looking at Lyon as a 5/8th

Is your source credible?

I'm getting excited. :D

btaag

Juniors
We have lost graham, Petersen and O'Dwyer already, and could possibly lose Widders and Morris.

All would free-up cap space for Lyon and to resign the kids on improved contracts.

Hellsy

Immortal
I have heard that Delaney has been offered a large contract by another club..... so looking back we have many many rumours :LOL: :LOL: only time will tell I guess!!

Kornstar

Coach
Avenger said:
Is your source credible?

I'm getting excited. :D

I do not know, it came through on an email from someone who has links with the club, it said that we are focusing on getting Benny and Delaney and we basically have them signed and we are looking at Lyon for 5/8th and 5/8th only

But as i said i wouldn't be getting excited about it cause it could be totally wrong and i certainly wouldn't bet my house on it.

I believe the person who said it believes this is true, however we all know that things can change very quickly, i mean now Lyon is apparently going to Saints, so i do not know.

parralight

Juniors
Delaney is twice the footballer that Ben Smith is. His utility value alone should dictate that he is signed before Smith.