What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dell's future according to Lett

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
i just love how an unproven new signing is seen as a walk up start in next year's team by so many 'fans'..

performance & loyalty count for zero during the off season...

Bath's Babes

Juniors
lett is never going to be a great and the sooner people realise that he better.
leave morris on the wing, and he will be the next centurion at the saints.

gtomad

Juniors
I know what you are saying but Lett is not the answer; particularly not from a defensive perspective. He's probably the worst. He's a natural winger/fullback and if he was going to get a chance it'll be in one of those positions.

He said in his dragons player profile that his goal for 2009 was to cement the center position, that obviously didn't go to plan. I don't see many other clubs protecting the halves that much thats probably why wendell runs over all of them.

watatank

Coach
Who said that? I checked Lett's profile and he didn't say that. That'd be a lofty goal for Lett who has never played a full season of first grade in any position and played no games at centre.

gtomad

Juniors
who said that? I checked Lett's profile and he didn't say that. That'd be a lofty goal for Lett who has never played a full season of first grade in any position and played no games at centre.
sorry his goal was to play permanent first grade and his positions are wing/center/fullback. Last time i checked it was to cement the centre position.

DirtyHarry

Juniors
108534_112.jpg

picture.php

Bath's Babes

Juniors
i pray that he does, IF he does, i will gladly admit i was wrong and i will apologise as it would be worth having another great backline player

STG-Dragon

Juniors
2 tries from fullback this year is pathetic, we can't afford stats like that next year! Boyd should be moved to right centre.

Bath's Babes

Juniors
i wouldnt mind if tagive was at fullback. not that ive seen him, but shifty sheens said he's faster than lawrence.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
i wouldnt mind if tagive was at fullback. not that ive seen him, but shifty sheens said he's faster than lawrence.
You've written off Lett. Yet suggesting a player you've never seen as a fullback, just because you've heard he is quick? The lack of knowledge from some posters on this board astounds me.

Tagive is not a fullback, he's a 3/4 player. He's strong and fast, but he's not exactly what you'd call "safe" at times, and I haven't seen any support play that would indicate that he'd make a good fullback.

They reckon Tagive is the quickest in the league, cant remember where it was I read it, but we'll soon find out.
I'm excited to see how he develops as a winger/centre but for the time being its all speculation

Gaba

First Grade
Theres is no way i am upset wiht boyd performance, i thought it was pretty good

big pat

Coach
You've written off Lett. Yet suggesting a player you've never seen as a fullback, just because you've heard he is quick? The lack of knowledge from some posters on this board astounds me.

Tagive is not a fullback, he's a 3/4 player. He's strong and fast, but he's not exactly what you'd call "safe" at times, and I haven't seen any support play that would indicate that he'd make a good fullback.

yep some of the posters here are more knowledgeable than bennett.:crazy::lol:

The Nick

Bench
It astounds me that people are so quick to knock Boyd at fullback..

Ok 2 tries for the season is pretty sh*t.. But I think that was more a reflection of our still developing, one dimensional attack. How many set plays did we have where Boyd received quality ball or was put through a hole by Hornby or Soward? When attacking the line, Hornby pretty much always went to Creagh and Sowie almost always hit Dell or Morris.

The way I see it, Boyd's positional play at the back was sensational, which is proven by the amount of genuine try saving tackles he made, and amount of kicks he was able to take on the full. Under the bomb, he was arguably the safest fullback in NRL.

I think next year, with another full off season under Uncle Wayne, Darius Boyd will make a few people on this forum eat their words!

watatank

Coach
It's because most people's prefer a Brett Morris style fullback.

Personally while I don't think Boyd's try scoring record is particularly great it's not a major concern...not when we had Soward, Morris and Sailor scoring quite a number of tries this year.

Last edited:

big pat

Coach
kudos to watatank and the nick for putting things in proper perspective.... hope i spelt that correctly, don't want the grammar police coming down on me.

STG-Dragon

Juniors
It's because most people's prefer a Brett Morris style fullback.

Personally while I don't think Boyd's try scoring record is particularly great it's not a major concern...not when we had Soward, Morris and Sailor scoring quite a number of tries this year.

I disagree and extra 10-12 tries from that position would make us very very hard to beat and that extra attack would help big time in the finals, considering our performance in the 09 finals.

Latest posts