What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Des to join Bulldogs in 2013

whall15

Coach
LOL, mate he was horrible in nsw cup and in nrl when he was given the chance, BAR 2009 he was a dud. the only reason he looked quality in 2009 is he had kimmorley running the show all he had to do is run out wide and connect with morris (which he did well) kimmorley also had ennis playing unreal helping him and an unreal forward pack.

eels have a far from a kimmorley type halfback in sandow a dud hooker and a average forward pack. not at all going to help him.

I'm not going to even bother arguing with most of it but a 'average forward pack'. What kind of average forward pack contains Mannah, Moi Moi and Hindmarsh?

some11

Referee
I wonder if he chose 2013 so that when the cap increases he can take all those players who say they wont be coached by anyone else.

Cletus

First Grade
it's factioned up there. delmege spent $15m and got out. penn family putting the broom through the place, getting rid of anyone with persuasion and influence outside their inner sanctum and stacking the joint with their own allies.

Of course Penn is, he is trying to run the place better and not lose $15million. The problem is the dinosaurs want sinicures for mates. It was always going to ruffle feathers but it had to be done. Don't forget the Penn's only have 2 board places out of 7.

the Penn family and the current executive probably want to control the place.

They are supposed to be in control. As long as they don't interfere with the football side and give that financial support then what is the problem? But as it stands now they don't make enough money to do that properly, hence the need for change.

canterbury havent acted unethically at all. if they approached Hasler, well they've done so shrewdly and come up trumps. hasler in effect was head hunted. their actions are those they believe will shore up their long-term future. they have not signed him for 2012, theyve signed him for 2013 when his services are available. great work.

Canterbury have acted unethically if they've forced Des's hand to sign with them 5 days after the winning the premiership. It's a pathetic way of going about it and taking the gloss off the premiership, and that goes for Des as well.

on the other hand, even if hasler didnt approach the dogs and offer his services while still having commitments to manly, then his behaviour is less justified, just like bennett. if these blokes have a shred of ethical fibre, they wouldve made the decision on new clubs at the end of their current terms. like bennett with st george, hasler will not have manly as his sole focus from here on in. despite his official commitments beginning in 2013, he'll be working for canterbury unofficially on roster management and other long-term football dept issues from here on in. his relationship with and role at manly will now be limited now as he will not be considered in the longer-term strategic decisions at manly anymore. he'll essentially be paid to run training sessions, like an assistant coach effectively. other personnel will take over the role of making decisions on how players will be managed for the long-term benefit of manly and he will totally lose the control he supposedly craves. the situation will become untenable and he'll be gone.

the honourable thing for him to do is seek a release from his contract without pay. manly would be idiots of the highest order to keep him even if he does end up going to straight to canterbury for next season. either way, he doesnt want to be at manly.

I agree he should go immediately but as I understand it (not very well) quite a few players have clauses in their contracts that are activated if Des is sacked, and not if he resigns. If that's the case it's possible Des is going to stick around and do a shit job in the hope of getting sacked and activating those clauses so he can poach players. The honourable thing to do would be to resign, his position is untenable and according to him he hates working with management so much he has signed with the Bulldogs. Well Des you've taken everything you've built up away from Manly so how about you take your dignity as well and resign.

Oldboy

Juniors
All very disappointing. Manly's boardroom has run ultra successfully for 60 years (apart from the beagles) and it would seem that drama follows Penn - no matter who he is trying to work with. He can't blame Delmege this time. He's the one running the show and he's f*#ked up dismally. Time to have a look in the mirror Scotty.

DoggiesBro

Juniors
I'm not going to even bother arguing with most of it but a 'average forward pack'. What kind of average forward pack contains Mannah, Moi Moi and Hindmarsh?

Theres nothing to argue with? Sandow isn't a Kimmorley type halfback he is a hit and miss speed bump, keating his horrible and roberts is as i said hot and cold and normally cold, the only time he was good was with Kimmorley.

The forward pack is average at best. Moi Moi is a meh type player bar 2009, Hindmarsh isn't exactly a star is more of a upgraded version of Stagg and Mannah is a gun. However as i said that doesn't make up for the rest of the pack.

DoggiesBro

Juniors
How many Premierships have you won in the last 4 years? lol yeah you're pathetic.

Geez, watch out i'm sorry i'd prefer not to have won a title in the past 4 years (still within the past 8) and be the most established club overall bar Brisbane and have a coach like Des wanting to join us for less money LOL then have a title this year.

Not to mention the players that will follow, before the ship sinks!

Agent Mulder

Bench
Geez, watch out i'm sorry i'd prefer not to have won a title in the past 4 years (still within the past 8) and be the most established club overall bar Brisbane and have a coach like Des wanting to join us for less money LOL then have a title this year.

Man, You take it up the arse.
You just bang on with total shit.

The Bulldogs spent alot of money this year and you couldn't even make the 8.

DoggiesBro

Juniors
Man, You take it up the arse.
You just bang on with total shit.

The Bulldogs spent alot of money this year and you couldn't even make the 8.

None of what i said is bullshit, behind brisbane the dogs are the most established club.

You have a wrestling picture with your name, enough said.

ManlyMania

Juniors

Well youve just proved you don't know what you are talking about. Listen we are the champions - that's right the premiers and nothing can take that away - absolutely nothing.

Now that's where you want to be - not where you are where you want to be - you want to be like us.

Also you say you'd rather not have won a comp but your club is doing all this to do just that - win a comp or try to be like us 2 in 4 years - but hey you don't want that. Yeah right!!

dogslife

Coach
Intertwined with the ramblings of a 6 year old, Doggiesbro did make a couple a valid points, far outweighed by the outlandish ones though. On another note, f**k there are some butthurt Manly fans out there, seems to be all centred around the fact the Dogs didn't wait till next season to announce his signing, somehow taking the gloss off your premiership... Just enjoy your premiership for what it is, the coach leaving doesn't take the shine off that. The fact is, it wasn't the big money the dogs offered which lured him away, it was the rabble of a boardroom your mob seems to have, perhaps look a little closer to home if you want to play the blame game

ManlyMania

Juniors
Intertwined with the ramblings of a 6 year old, Doggiesbro did make a couple a valid points, far outweighed by the outlandish ones though. On another note, f**k there are some butthurt Manly fans out there, seems to be all centred around the fact the Dogs didn't wait till next season to announce his signing, somehow taking the gloss off your premiership... Just enjoy your premiership for what it is, the coach leaving doesn't take the shine off that. The fact is, it wasn't the big money the dogs offered which lured him away, it was the rabble of a boardroom your mob seems to have, perhaps look a little closer to home if you want to play the blame game.

I'm not blaming the dogs at all- it was a good buy - but unlike yourself others trying to claim our success means nothing when the bulldogs are paying triple what we did to get exactly what we achieved...

MatthewA

Juniors
Paying triple? He has come to the Bulldogs for less money than what Manly had offered him. Fair enough that he was on less coin with his current deal but that isn't surprising.

Haters gonna hate.

Cletus

First Grade
Intertwined with the ramblings of a 6 year old, Doggiesbro did make a couple a valid points, far outweighed by the outlandish ones though. On another note, f**k there are some butthurt Manly fans out there, seems to be all centred around the fact the Dogs didn't wait till next season to announce his signing, somehow taking the gloss off your premiership... Just enjoy your premiership for what it is, the coach leaving doesn't take the shine off that. The fact is, it wasn't the big money the dogs offered which lured him away, it was the rabble of a boardroom your mob seems to have, perhaps look a little closer to home if you want to play the blame game

And you wouldn't be annoyed about your coach signing 5 days after a premiership??? Your kidding yourself if you don't think Hasler has had a part in the war that's been going on. I'm sure you'll be cheering if Greenberg signs Zorba as your media manager. Des is a great coach but he wants to control everything and wants everything done his way. I'm sure he will be successful at the Dogs so good luck to you guys but at Manly he has made it as hard as possible to change the club for the better.
As for the money he will be getting more than Manly offered, he probably signed before we came back with the higher counter offer.

typicalfan

Coach
Theres nothing to argue with? Sandow isn't a Kimmorley type halfback he is a hit and miss speed bump, keating his horrible and roberts is as i said hot and cold and normally cold, the only time he was good was with Kimmorley.

The forward pack is average at best. Moi Moi is a meh type player bar 2009, Hindmarsh isn't exactly a star is more of a upgraded version of Stagg and Mannah is a gun. However as i said that doesn't make up for the rest of the pack.
Moimoi was the Eels best player this year and ended up playing more minutes and had a higher workrate than Mannah. Their forward pack laid enough of a platform to be well entrenched in the 8. Hindmarsh is like 10 Staggs.

Latest posts