What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Des to join Bulldogs in 2013

DoggiesBro

Juniors
Moimoi was the Eels best player this year and ended up playing more minutes and had a higher workrate than Mannah. Their forward pack laid enough of a platform to be well entrenched in the 8. Hindmarsh is like 10 Staggs.

Good to see you don't argue your halfback and hooker wont help roberts play like he did in 2009 and that he will play like he has the other 5 years. crap. even in nsw cup. also good 2 see you admit ur hooker is crap, also good 2 see u dont dispute the pack is average.

MSIH

Bench
A Parramatta v Bulldogs debate on whose squad is weaker.

The ultimate cripple fight.

And you wouldn't be annoyed about your coach signing 5 days after a premiership??? Your kidding yourself if you don't think Hasler has had a part in the war that's been going on. I'm sure you'll be cheering if Greenberg signs Zorba as your media manager. Des is a great coach but he wants to control everything and wants everything done his way. I'm sure he will be successful at the Dogs so good luck to you guys but at Manly he has made it as hard as possible to change the club for the better.
As for the money he will be getting more than Manly offered, he probably signed before we came back with the higher counter offer.

I found this on a Manly forum, its a statement by Des Hasler:

Des Hasler said, "I have thoroughly enjoyed my time coaching the wonderful group of young men over the last 8 years at the club. Our success is a testament to the hard work ethic and respect exhibited amongst the playing group and football staff. Despite my ongoing discussions with the Board for over 12 months regarding a new contract with the Manly club, we simply could not align our future thoughts. Whilst it would have been financially advantageous for me to stay at the Manly Club, I have elected to take up the challenge of building in a new direction with the Bulldogs from 2013. It will be business as usual for me at Manly during 2012."

http://forums.silvertails.net/Thread-Des-Hasler-said

The bold bit says it all, he basically took a pay cut to come to us; says a lot about what is going on behind the scenes at Manly.

Cletus

First Grade
I found this on a Manly forum, its a statement by Des Hasler:

Des Hasler said, "I have thoroughly enjoyed my time coaching the wonderful group of young men over the last 8 years at the club. Our success is a testament to the hard work ethic and respect exhibited amongst the playing group and football staff. Despite my ongoing discussions with the Board for over 12 months regarding a new contract with the Manly club, we simply could not align our future thoughts. Whilst it would have been financially advantageous for me to stay at the Manly Club, I have elected to take up the challenge of building in a new direction with the Bulldogs from 2013. It will be business as usual for me at Manly during 2012."

http://forums.silvertails.net/Thread-Des-Hasler-said

The bold bit says it all, he basically took a pay cut to come to us; says a lot about what is going on behind the scenes at Manly.

What do you expect him to say? He basically calls the management f**kwits and doesn't like the fact the club are trying to move foward and get the best people in key positions. He's going to the Bulldogs for roughly double what he got at Manly this year, do you think he moved there for less than he was getting this year. It's just a selfserving statement who has an axe to grind over his pal getting sacked."Our success is a testament to the hard work ethic and respect exhibited amongst the playing group and football staff". Yes Des let's have the owners lose money because we can't attract sponsors or increase memberships and attendance. We'll just employ the same plonkers who haven't achieved that because theyre mates of yours and youll have a hissy fit if they get sacked because you're a meglomaniacal dinosaur who cant handle change.

Danny-Boy

Juniors

Exactly. The only reason he signed with the Bulldogs is because of spite. Not for money but for spite.

He hates Canterbury with a passion, but he didn't care what club offered him the role, he just wanted to show Manly they needed him more than he needed them.

MSIH

Bench
Exactly. The only reason he signed with the Bulldogs is because of spite. Not for money but for spite.

He hates Canterbury with a passion, but he didn't care what club offered him the role, he just wanted to show Manly they needed him more than he needed them.

Exactly, he would've gone to any cellar dweller who was in need of a coach.

DoggiesBro

Juniors
or he wanted to go to a club who has the ability to provide quality facilities along with the fact he will actually be able to feel comfortable he will be actually paid LOL.

manly may fold before the sharks!

Exactly, he would've gone to any cellar dweller who was in need of a coach.

bitterness.jpg

DoggiesBro

Juniors
Manly face additional fallout with Sea Eagles internationals Brett Stewart, Kieran Foran, Anthony Watmough and David Williams all having contract clauses enabling them to join another club if Hasler no longer coaches at Brookvale.

One senior player told The Courier-Mail last night: "First Zorba (sacked senior official Peter Peters) and now Des - what is going on at this club? This can't continue."

Interesting.

:lol: No cause he signed with the Bulldogs because he loves your club so much.

Yep, the reverse of your club. "wahhh wahh wahhh everybody hates us wahh and we don't care wahhhhhh".

Bitter manly fans bagging someone who has done great service to their club over a couple of years, pathetic.

I kind of felt sorry for you guys that you didn't get to celebrate you grand final win for too long, but then seeing how quick the fans because feral... I realised its manly and they are merkins.

MSIH

Bench
Yep, the reverse of your club. "wahhh wahh wahhh everybody hates us wahh and we don't care wahhhhhh".

Bitter manly fans bagging someone who has done great service to their club over a couple of years, pathetic.

I kind of felt sorry for you guys that you didn't get to celebrate you grand final win for too long, but then seeing how quick the fans because feral... I realised its manly and they are merkins.

Ohh did you really? You felt sorry for us. Poor us.

Manly just won Premiership number 2 in 4 years. You haven't won a legit comp since 1995, and that was from the dodgiest officiating since the 70's (supposedly 78 was pretty bad, I wasn't around).

Shove your sympathy up your arse. Manly will win another comp before you pretenders. You can buy coaches, you can buy players, but you can't buy a winning culture.

nko11

Juniors
Manly face additional fallout with Sea Eagles internationals Brett Stewart, Kieran Foran, Anthony Watmough and David Williams all having contract clauses enabling them to join another club if Hasler no longer coaches at Brookvale.

One senior player told The Courier-Mail last night: "First Zorba (sacked senior official Peter Peters) and now Des - what is going on at this club? This can't continue."

Interesting.

Michael Oldfield, also tweeted this.

Manly just won Premiership number 2 in 4 years. You haven't won a legit comp since 1995, and that was from the dodgiest officiating since the 70's (supposedly 78 was pretty bad, I wasn't around).

Shove your sympathy up your arse. Manly will win another comp before you pretenders. You can buy coaches, you can buy players, but you can't buy a winning culture.

Your tears are delicious. :lol:

DoggiesBro

Juniors

Legit LOL listen to the crap for the 2004 title now.

As for the "pretenders" and buy coaches and players. Des joined the dogs for LESS then what your "glorious" club offered. LOL says enough dont u think? i wonder if your club will still be round in another 5 years actually.

stoodamire

Juniors
I just really hope Des doesn't pick apart our squad.

If we keep our key players such as Snake, Lyon, Matai, Foran, DCE, Watmough, T-Rex, Gifty and King i'll be happy.

Des would've moved on eventually.

I hope Toovey gets the coaching job. Manly boy through and through. Also we only win premierships if our coach was a Manly player!

Just some trivial news, Des was coach since 2004, missed the finals in 04, made the numbers in 05 and went ok in 06. Since Toovey just came in the ranks as Assistant coach in 07, 3 GF appearances and 2 GF wins.

Maybe Des is a puppet and Toovey is pulling the strings!

Just wishful thinking boys!

I'm trying to stay positive, Manly won the 2011 premiership less than a week ago!! (I know it's hard)

Danny-Boy

Juniors

Legit LOL listen to the crap for the 2004 title now.

As for the "pretenders" and buy coaches and players. Des joined the dogs for LESS then what your "glorious" club offered. LOL says enough dont u think? i wonder if your club will still be round in another 5 years actually.

Is it any wonder why people hate bulldogs supporters so much. As if going to your games isn't proof enough. f**ken grubs.

BOUGHT NOT BRED :lol:

Is it any wonder why people hate bulldogs supporters so much. As if going to your games isn't proof enough. f**ken grubs.

BOUGHT NOT BRED :lol:

olols.

We're the grubs, but you're the one bagging your current coach out.

Here let me play you a song with my violin :-({|=

:lol:

DoggiesBro

Juniors
The Manly playing group is fuming at the board and refused to speak to any of them during the club's awards presentation night in Terrey Hills last Friday;

* The Manly coach will take his entire support staff, including Noel Cleal and football operations manager Steve Gigg, to Belmore, leaving the Sea Eagles in dire straits

AWESOMEEEEE

Alex28

Coach
It is going to be fun watching Manly be dismantled over the next 12 months. One of your halves to Newcastle please :)