What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Des to join Bulldogs in 2013

I can't understand why Manly would keep Des on for another year when his allegiances lie elsewhere. It's a cancer and there is a huge chance he starts picking the Manly squads apart and takes the cream of the crop with him to the Dogs.

If I was Manly, I'd cut my losses now while most of the squad are under contract.

There will be defections but Hasler can tear Manly apart if he wants to.

This.

If the coach of my team did the same, I'd be livid if he was not punted immediately. He will be in the ear of any player he wants at the Dogs if he stays.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
We all saw what happened to the Dragons this year, not sure why Manly is ok with this.

It's ridiculous to have deals going on 12mths+ in advance, the sooner we get some sort of transfer window and not have this sort of shit going on the better. No one talks about the game, they just talk about where someone is going in 18 months time.

DoggiesBro

Juniors
your forward pack is why you dont know what semis look like !

wow, here i was thinking in 09 we had prop of the year and lock of the year.

in 2010 we had injuries galore

2011 we lost one of our starting props for being scum, eastwood injured and unfit all year, developed kasiano who looks a beast, pritchard was pretty good, tolman again pushing origin selection.

with the addition of a prop to help tolman in graham i think our pack is pretty damn good.

who do you support sorry?

tolman, ennis, graham, pritchard, eastwood, stagg/halatau
stagg/halatau, kasiano, taupau, payne, browne, millington etc pretty damn good.

[FKN-SIK]

Juniors
Dogs are a weak club a side thats bought 3 teams in two yrs and cant make finals and look like going for a hatrick of finals misses, well u do the maths? :crazy:

I don't know about where you did your maths, but how do you get 3 teams in 2 years?

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
Interesting that we've seen Will & his brother, and Des leave this week. Rumours of more to go if Des goes.

Something going on at Manly we don't know about?

40Twenty

Juniors
wow, here i was thinking in 09 we had prop of the year and lock of the year.

in 2010 we had injuries galore

2011 we lost one of our starting props for being scum, eastwood injured and unfit all year, developed kasiano who looks a beast, pritchard was pretty good, tolman again pushing origin selection.

with the addition of a prop to help tolman in graham i think our pack is pretty damn good.

who do you support sorry?

tolman, ennis, graham, pritchard, eastwood, stagg/halatau
stagg/halatau, kasiano, taupau, payne, browne, millington etc pretty damn good.

So did Souths this yr, injuries we're worse than any side and they gave the semis a shake, and they were missing stars not nevilles, tolman, halatau, payne, kasiano haha, tell me ur not serious hahaha DELUDED is the word for most doggies.

2010 Premiers thanks, & 2011 World Champs. Also my mob have never had soup from a wooden spoon.

I hope u get a gig on the dogs coaching staff btw.

Explains why the Dogs are so quiet on the market this year, I'd say they'll have quite a warchest when recruiting for 2013.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Crusher will be out the door as well, who will now breast feed Judas with Crusher and Zorba gone????

Noa

First Grade
f**k me have a stupid system.

Cant wait till we get a boss with some balls to change it.

DoggiesBro

Juniors
So did Souths this yr, injuries we're worse than any side and they gave the semis a shake, and they were missing stars not nevilles, tolman, halatau, payne, kasiano haha, tell me ur not serious hahaha DELUDED is the word for most doggies.

2010 Premiers thanks, & 2011 World Champs. Also my mob have never had soup from a wooden spoon.

I hope u get a gig on the dogs coaching staff btw.

St MERGE?? LOL no wonder your so bitter, 30 odd years? JOY.

Lost Wayne and Boyd. bahahaha. i dont want to coach dragons thanks, it will be another 30 years.

oval

Juniors
Well f**k me sideways...

As I've said in another thread, Dessie has been an awesome coach and has poured his heart and soul into the Eagles, and us fans will have nothing but the utmost gratitude and respect for the man.

As to the future of Manly, well, only time will tell. Halser has been at Manly for such a long time now, so it's gonna be weird. F**k I hope we can keep Foran and DCE...

DoggiesBro

Juniors
No, it's pretty damn average.

Tolman unlucky to miss on nsw.
Ennis NSW hooker
Graham English Prop, captain when peacock is out and prop of the world of the world couple of the past few years.
Pritchard NZ rep and able to be the most dominate forward in nrl.
Eastwood NZ rep
Halatau/Stagg based on what halatau did this year was unreal, stagg 2009 lock of the year.

hrmm horrible.

DoggiesBro

Juniors
was just on radio press conference 2moro, again repeated glen & brett stewart and foran all have clauses re des.

Tolman unlucky to miss on nsw.
Ennis NSW hooker
Graham English Prop, captain when peacock is out and prop of the world of the world couple of the past few years.
Pritchard NZ rep and able to be the most dominate forward in nrl.
Eastwood NZ rep
Halatau/Stagg based on what halatau did this year was unreal, stagg 2009 lock of the year.

hrmm horrible.

Merrin over Tolman, still the most LOL moment ever.

ozjet1

what another f**king joke!

it's absolutely farcical how this is such a regular occurrence in the NRL with players and coaches alike.

It's was bad enough that players are officially allowed to sign contracts with other clubs, or the clubs themselves permitted to release details on signings for future seasons when a current season isnt even over. Now the trend is for players to sign with other clubs for future seasons before the final one of their existing contract has even begun.

But for coaches to follow suit is absolutely abysmal. They are the leaders of a football organisation. It is to them that the whole of the football dept look to for commitment, the practical demonstration of culture and goal objectives. What sort of message does this send to the playing group and the rest of the club when they are effectively saying that they have no interest in the long-term welfare of the joint anymore? Ownership their goals as the goals of the playing group is now unachievable. If i were a player at Manly, my respect for him is gone. He'll be gone in a year so my career isnt dependant on him. Furthermore, the Manly club will need to be concerned about Des taking players with him to Canterbury.

Manly are up shit creek. They havent got the money to pay him out of his final year and Des knows this, but not sacking him now will result in a wasted year next season and will tear the club apart and have an impact for several seasons thereafter. Given the particular circumstances Manly have off-field already and they should be concerned. Mark my words, this will end ugly for Manly. This situation never works out, whether it be in sport or any other industry. Complacency within the football dept will set in.

What does this say to the Canterbury players too? What does Dymock have to prove? They're effectively looking to 2013 and stated right here and now to Canterbury fans and the rugby league world that they arent competing for a premiership 2012. The club is in caretaker mode for the next year.

I cant believe such circumstances are practiced and accepted in rugby league. Lack of commitment to an organisation in any other sport or industry, or even worse, any scrap of evidence of future allegiance to a competitor and your arse is out the door. Not in the NRL though. As usual, rugby league shows how totally unprofessional and backward it is.

Last edited:

ouwet

Bench
What does this say to the Canterbury players too? What does Dymock have to prove? They're effectively looking to 2013 and stated right here and now to Canterbury fans and the rugby league world that they arent competing for a premiership 2012. The club is caretaker mode.

It says... Play for your contract or you're out!

Dymock HAS BEEN informed all the way through... ALSO last time the Bulldogs had a caretaker coach (1988 Phil Gould) we won the GF, the club did a mistake by re-signing him for 1989 after being swept by the celebration before brushing him again.