What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Des to join Bulldogs in 2013

[FKN-SIK]

Juniors
Fairfax reckon he's going to the dogs. News Ltd are reporting that he has agreed to join both clubs. If the $1million offer from Manly is true, why would he leave to get $750k from a weaker club?

Bulldogs upped the offer. Telegraph just tweeted he is going to the Bulldogs in 2012 also

ouwet

Bench
Write off next season for both clubs. DCE will do a Mortimer and Manly will struggle I think.

Will Manly sign Stuart now for 2013 :lol:

Dymock has been informed all the way through on what the club was doing and he is fine with it... He knows IF he wants to stay with the club in 2013 OR Find another NRL/Super League to coach he needs to perform!!

DoggiesBro

Juniors
whoever said the dogs is a weaker club, i dont recall seeing them being reported in being $$$ trouble, end of that dispute.

Dymock has been informed all the way through on what the club was doing and he is fine with it... He knows IF he wants to stay with the club in 2013 OR Find another NRL/Super League to coach he needs to perform!!

To be fair I'm not writing you off for next season solely based on your coach

40Twenty

Juniors
whoever said the dogs is a weaker club, i dont recall seeing them being reported in being $$$ trouble, end of that dispute.

Dogs are a weak club a side thats bought 3 teams in two yrs and cant make finals and look like going for a hatrick of finals misses, well u do the maths? :crazy:

BREAKING NEWS: Des Hasler will quit the Manly Sea Eagles. In a stunning development, the 2011 premiership-winning coach will announce tomorrow he will walk away from Brookvale after next season.
It is undertsood Hasler will sign a long-term deal at Canterbury worth $750,000 a season.
A rival publication reported only this morning that Hasler would stay at Manly - their information was dead wrong.
Hasler's shift to Belmore will shock Manly fans.
He has won two premierships at Brookvale and is regarded as one of the best coaches in the NRL.
Hasler's relationship with football club and leagues club chairman Bob Reilly and rookie COO David Perry has deteriorated in recent weeks.
Follow @Telegraph_Sport on Twitter and like Telegraph Sport on Facebook

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...from-season-2013/story-e6frep5x-1226161009400

DoggiesBro

Juniors
Your playing roster is pretty f**ken average.

our roster is acctually pretty solid. our major weakness is 5/8 and wing.

if we get hold of a good 5/8 we have a very very strong squad.

ennis, barba, hodkinson not shabby spine at all infact pretty damn good.

tolman, graham, kasiano, eastwood again pretty damn good.

pritchard, halatau, stagg, eastwood, taupau, pretty damn good.

morris, turner solid

need a winger and hopefully lafai or wright can prove to be something decent and id doubt we have finished recruiting just yet seeing we lost so many and signed 1 player thus far.

id be a little more worried about your team mate :)

DoggiesBro

Juniors
Dogs are a weak club a side thats bought 3 teams in two yrs and cant make finals and look like going for a hatrick of finals misses, well u do the maths? :crazy:

semi final in 2009 only 2 have kimmorley bust his cheek bone and hurt us bad.

2010 horrible year with injuries and looked like shit to be honest, hannant hurt us alot.

2011 just missed the 8 after leading the comp for the start to have a mid season dip when we lost ennis for such a long time, along with tolman our only real prop (fixed with the addition of graham) and the loss of tandy at the start hurt. moore went then we came good and won 5-8?

yeh real bad. again if someone like des is jumping ship says financially we are very well established although its common knowledge behind brisbane we are the 2nd most established and then to back it up we a good team, if we snag a quality 5/8 we are title threats straight away.

40Twenty

Juniors
our roster is acctually pretty solid. our major weakness is 5/8 and wing.

if we get hold of a good 5/8 we have a very very strong squad.

ennis, barba, hodkinson not shabby spine at all infact pretty damn good.

tolman, graham, kasiano, eastwood again pretty damn good.

pritchard, halatau, stagg, eastwood, taupau, pretty damn good.

morris, turner solid

need a winger and hopefully lafai or wright can prove to be something decent and id doubt we have finished recruiting just yet seeing we lost so many and signed 1 player thus far.

id be a little more worried about your team mate :)

mate are you still one of those deluded dogs fans that still think your DOGS of WAR ?

failures yr after yr....08 spoon, 09/10 back2back finals.

haha:crazy:

ManlyMania

Juniors
good luck to the dogs - on average fans can live off a premiership for 8-10 years before the itch really starts again - im happy with 2 in 4 years - time for geoff toovey to start the new era.

legend

Coach
I can't understand why Manly would keep Des on for another year when his allegiances lie elsewhere. It's a cancer and there is a huge chance he starts picking the Manly squads apart and takes the cream of the crop with him to the Dogs.

If I was Manly, I'd cut my losses now while most of the squad are under contract.

There will be defections but Hasler can tear Manly apart if he wants to.

DoggiesBro

Juniors
good luck to the dogs - on average fans can live off a premiership for 8-10 years before the itch really starts again - im happy with 2 in 4 years - time for geoff toovey to start the new era.

yeh 2004 is a bit of a distant memory especially with the mason, mataiu, sbw etc drama.

however 2009 was a good year made the semis and should we not lost noddy would of went on to the gf i think.

http://www.bigpondsport.com/hasler-signs-on-with-bulldogs-report/tabid/91/newsid/78366/default.aspx

reports it will be announced saturday,

I can't understand why Manly would keep Des on for another year when his allegiances lie elsewhere. It's a cancer and there is a huge chance he starts picking the Manly squads apart and takes the cream of the crop with him to the Dogs.

If I was Manly, I'd cut my losses now while most of the squad are under contract.

There will be defections but Hasler can tear Manly apart if he wants to.

I suppose it comes down to trusting that he won't. Not much coaching options at the moment either. Anderson, Stuart and Georgallis are either inexperienced or generally laughed at

DoggiesBro

Juniors
mate are you still one of those deluded dogs fans that still think your DOGS of WAR ?

failures yr after yr....08 spoon, 09/10 back2back finals.

haha:crazy:

not at all after 06 i think the dogs of war died. 07 was meh, 08 was nightmare with sbw, mason etc, 09 was semi final and good year, 2010 crippled with injuries, 2011 neally pulled it off

hey could be worse dragons had how long? eels? rabbitohs? warriors? knights? sharks? titans? cowboys? geez the only team ive been jealous of over the past 5 years is broncos, storm and manly. and storm were cheating and now have nothing next to there name.

leaves manly and brisbane. and lets be real brisbane havent been anything special compared to the dogs over the past few years either 2006 title vs 2004 title. woopieee.

manly are the team i envy most if im honest and if we snag des, i hope he brings foran and then im not jealous at all as id keep ennis over ballin, barba over stewart based on age, our entire forward pack over theres bar watmough. dce is yet 2 show he can back it up. lyon i cant stand even though he is a real good player.

40Twenty

Juniors
not at all after 06 i think the dogs of war died. 07 was meh, 08 was nightmare with sbw, mason etc, 09 was semi final and good year, 2010 crippled with injuries, 2011 neally pulled it off

hey could be worse dragons had how long? eels? rabbitohs? warriors? knights? sharks? titans? cowboys? geez the only team ive been jealous of over the past 5 years is broncos, storm and manly. and storm were cheating and now have nothing next to there name.

leaves manly and brisbane. and lets be real brisbane havent been anything special compared to the dogs over the past few years either 2006 title vs 2004 title. woopieee.

manly are the team i envy most if im honest and if we snag des, i hope he brings foran and then im not jealous at all as id keep ennis over ballin, barba over stewart based on age, our entire forward pack over theres bar watmough. dce is yet 2 show he can back it up. lyon i cant stand even though he is a real good player.

your forward pack is why you dont know what semis look like !

Latest posts