What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Des to join Bulldogs in 2013

Doga

Juniors
I think as long as we keep Crusher, we will be alright. Toovey has been assistant under Hasler for a while, I can see him stepping up into the role and doing a great job.

Just like Moore who was assistant under Folkes how how long? Assistant with the Kangaroo's & NSW for a while?

Nothing is for certain buddy?

PaddyBoy

Juniors
And to all the people talking about Des living in Bankstown, he'll live where every NRL player lives, the Shire.

@Bunniesman - There are some similarities, but the Sea Eagles won't lose
Matai, Foran - NZ
Possibly Brett Stewart (Sticky seems to love Dugan).

The forward pack is pretty safe, apart from Glenn Stewart and Watmough you're not going to see them go to Origin imo.

Lyon won't play rep.

They should stay pretty solid, though losing the Stewarts could be an issue, but not as big as St George losing their entire pack essentially.

DCE may or may not play, and if he does it'll be short stint off the bench so he'll miss 3 weeks, but be fresh (sort of) for the following weeks.

Have I missed anyone?

dogslife

Coach
I think as long as we keep Crusher, we will be alright. Toovey has been assistant under Hasler for a while, I can see him stepping up into the role and doing a great job.

But how will Tooves adapt to not being able to be out on the field for 79 minutes a game?

ceagle

Bench
Just like Moore who was assistant under Folkes how how long? Assistant with the Kangaroo's & NSW for a while?

Nothing is for certain buddy?
We will still have most pieces in place when Des leaves, I don't think he will leave the club in disarray.

Ladmate

Bench
I reckon Hasler is stupid. He had a great opportunity to create a dynasty at Manly. Something tells me that a key Manly player will join Hasler and the Bulldogs in 2013.

ceagle

Bench
I doubt Hasler would tear the club apart by bringing key players with him, the club also won't allow it.

Doga

Juniors
I doubt Hasler would tear the club apart by bringing key players with him, the club also won't allow it.

If Foran wants to follow I don't think Hasler would say no nor the club have any power to stop him

Haffa

It's not the loss of the current key players I'd be concerned about it's the next group of First Graders that he could take with him.

Mr Saab

Referee
I reckon Hasler is stupid. He had a great opportunity to create a dynasty at Manly. Something tells me that a key Manly player will join Hasler and the Bulldogs in 2013.

If the board and CEO are causing waves then the coach sometimes has no choice....look at Brisbane with Bruno Cullen....Wayne could still be at the Broncos if not for Bruno.
The board and the CEO at Manly look like they are changing the place big time...starting with Zorba getting the boot.

DoggiesBro

Juniors
If Foran wants to follow I don't think Hasler would say no nor the club have any power to stop him

Exactly, and lets be real. Ennis is better then Ballin, Hodkinson is solid while DCE has yet to back up a 2nd year. The obvious fact here is both played very well in there FIRST year but the partner was FORAN! Who has a clause re-des and is off contract anyhow in 2013!

Stewart is a gun but i don't see them both leaving manly and i don't see the dogs buying Stewart to upset Barba who still has what 10 years?

Ladmate

Bench
Apparently there are get-out clauses though. And how exactly can the club stop Des from poaching?

ceagle

Bench
Exactly, and lets be real. Ennis is better then Ballin, Hodkinson is solid while DCE has yet to back up a 2nd year. The obvious fact here is both played very well in there FIRST year but the partner was FORAN! Who has a clause re-des and is off contract anyhow.

Stewart is a gun but i don't see them both leaving manly and i don't see the dogs buying Stewart to upset Barba who still has what 10 years?
No he isn't.

Hi Guy, hows it goin?

BTW, just on the Dogs - Wright and Lett's dance on GF day was f*ckin gay.

Raider_69

Post Whore

if they have claused re dessie and are keen to follow him, im not sure that dessie would say no given how bad that dogs roster looks like and if its contractual, there really isnt going to be much the club can do about it except try and outbid the dogs

DoggiesBro

Juniors
if they have claused re dessie and are keen to follow him, im not sure that dessie would say no given how bad that dogs roster looks like and if its contractual, there really isnt going to be much the club can do about it except try and outbid the dogs

dont talk logic.

ozjet1

If Hasler turns up to this supposed press conference tomorrow, then rugby league is once again a f**king joke.

Manly can't afford it in the short-term, but for the benefit of the longterm, they need to let him go if he jumps.
He is looking out for the long-term interest of the bulldogs as soon as he puts pen to paper. Like Bennett was with SGI, He won't be 100% focused in his role with MAN but instead looking ahead to his role with BUL in terms of roster mgmt and systems.

Both teams will underachieve in 2012.