What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deserving Premiers...

pantherz9103

First Grade
The Storm won 24 games and lost 3. That's the most wins by any team in a single premiership season. By far the best team of '07.

Mr Saab

Referee
Suprised Gus didnt come out and say "Every other team fell over" like he did in 2000 when the Broncos won the comp.
Gus said every other team under performed in 2000.

Well, IMO, the same thing occured in 2007.

Storm were clearly the best, and deserving premiers.

The Eels and Strom were my favourite teams too watch this year. Great attacking backs.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Definitely agree with that sentiment Saab, every other team including Manly were second-rate. Far too inconsistent of a year for all and sundry.

Shorty

Staff member
Mr Saab said:
Suprised Gus didnt come out and say "Every other team fell over" like he did in 2000 when the Broncos won the comp.
Gus said every other team under performed in 2000.

Well, IMO, the same thing occured in 2007.
Yep agreed.
But I still think Storm would have got over the line.

Yes they deserved it through and through.....still hate them though.

Navjot

Juniors
As painfull as it is to say the Storm were worthy winners this year , a cut above the rest, but that wont stop some from detracting from that, and saying things like it was a fluke or they had 18 blah blah blah...

Andy Capped

Juniors
I thought the storm deserved to win... I am still out to lunch on the crocker hit though ( I think it should be looked at). At the end of the day I think melbourne were way too good for manly and may have won with 12 men. Manly got psyched out and failed to play their normal game. All the flair i had seen at the 22 other games I went to this year was gone.
Still if the theory gotta lose one holds true then next year for manly will be an exciting year.

eels_fan_01

Bench
I thought the top 4 had great seasons. Manly and Melbourne were consisent all year and Cowboys and Parra had some great games they played aswell.

Tommax25

Bench
Melbourne deserved the win no doubt about it, i dont think you'll find any manly fans complaining they were robbed because the obviously werent. they played crap and deserved to lose that game more than the storm deserved to win it. I am a manly fan and am disappointed but Ill look towards next year and just be happy that manly made the GF and were obviously the second best team in the comp but last night was just atrocious. that mick crocker incident looked iffy but i havent seen it up close but either way i dont care. either way storm were going to win so i think everyone, except storm fans who deserve to live this up until next year, should just get over it and move on

OVP

Coach
Yep good thread for a change Timmah :)

Well played Melbourne, FAR FAR too good for anyone (except Brad Fittler ;) :lol:)

Danny-Boy

Juniors
Melbourne clearly the best.

Manly clearly 2nd best.

Teams 3 to 16 a very distant EQUAL 3rd.

All the teams in the NRL look crappy compared to Melbourne. I mean they only had 3 off days all season.

Hari Kari

Juniors
miccle said:
Deserving premiers? Hardly - they got the rub of the green all night from Archer.

Manly were forced to make extra tackles right from the very start by poor refereeing.

Melbournes first kick they also touched first and knocked on yet Manly were made to dropout when they should have been running from the 20. Even when they stalled long enough for Harrigan to get in Archer's ear nothing was changed.

Guess Bill got his backhander from Tony?

Can't say I saw it all night but he definately put them on the back foot at the beginning which isn't good.

eels_fan_01

Bench
They won 34-8, bad goal kicking keep that scoreline down and people still say the ref was the deciding factor. As the old saying goes "some people are f**ked".

Seccie

Juniors
Timmah said:
Through all the hoo-ha and such - at the end of the day, IMO - the NRL got it's deserving premiers - the best team all year got up on GF day. Is that something most agree on?

Without a shadow of a doubt.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Congrats to Melbourne, best team all year and won the most important game.

4th minor premiers to win the comp since the NRL in 1998, add to that

Brisbane 1998
Brisbane 2000
Penrith 2003
Melbourne 2007