What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Desperate for Naiqama?

77Dragons

Juniors
surely Wes is better that Cronin who hasn't played a game, and Reecey from the mines.

Coops gets injured every year and we have origin. We have been pretty lucky with injuries last few years but surely Wes is worth a spot. Id have him

hardbaby

Coach
I'd like to have Wes back. He was playing great footy before his "indiscretion" and is playing even better at the Knights. Can play fullback, wing and centre. Also came off the bench in the backrow in a few games and did well.

Kyle Stanley provides a better style of fullback if you compare him to Boyd or Hayne but his position is really somewhere in the halves. Wes plays more like Mini or Dugan and does it well.

Chase is also a bloody talented and experienced player (international remember) who can handle centre and the back row. Another good signing.

Look at how often we end up with Prior in the centres. Not enough depth to handle Origin/injuries and it will stay that way for the forseeable future.

We do need to try to hold onto our forwards but that isn't our weakness. Our backline is the weakness (or lack of depth) . And both these players can handle the forwards as well. So I wouldn't be too critical of these signings.

butter81

Juniors
i was just annoyed with the article saying they guaranteed wes the fullback role next year. I was really looking forward to stanley making that position his own. I would rather make a move for tim moltzen than naiqama. He would make a good half after hornby retires. I just get annoyed with these kinds of promises. As a club we shouldn't appear to be so hungry for a player. Let the players sign, and they will play where we want them to play, rather than the other way around...

Mr Red

First Grade
knights have increased their offer from 2 years to 3 years to match the dragons offer. hopefully this will mean Wes will be staying at the knights..

Godz Illa

Coach
He's playing some great football and would be ideal insurance for us considering Kyle's youth and injury history. You always need insurance.

But if we miss out then at least we've made Newcastle pay for it, which will help us retain a few of our own (assuming the Knights are complying with the salary cap)

ggould

Juniors
We don't need Wes!!! Please give me a break the best option we have is Bronx Goodwin sign him up and get him fit and the rest will take it's course!!! And while im at it get Cuthbo's re-signed as well!!! C'mon doust just get it done and stop screwing around, christ in heaven Bennett leaves and straight away Doust starts eroding away our stability!!

Cagey Mac

Bench
He's playing some great football and would be ideal insurance for us considering Kyle's youth and injury history. You always need insurance.

But if we miss out then at least we've made Newcastle pay for it, which will help us retain a few of our own (assuming the Knights are complying with the salary cap)

100% agreement
Well said!

Ritzley

Juniors
Meanwhile back at the Knights - heard today that Tinkler's takeover agreement is yet to be signed because he is yet to present the contracts to the Knights Board! Apparently the Board is getting a little nervous as the deadline to sign is rapidly approaching. Wonder if Benny has a "get out" clause if the agreement stalls.

Cagey Mac

Bench
Meanwhile back at the Knights - heard today that Tinkler's takeover agreement is yet to be signed because he is yet to present the contracts to the Knights Board! Apparently the Board is getting a little nervous as the deadline to sign is rapidly approaching. Wonder if Benny has a "get out" clause if the agreement stalls.

Hopefully it's the "Santa" clause and he stays in red and white!!

Bicey_18

Bench

I wouldnt get your hopes up

Meanwhile, the Knights have hit back at reports the privatisation by multi-millionaire Nathan Tinkler's Hunter Sports Group might not proceed in time to avoid another members' vote.
"The Hunter Sports Group today confirmed the takeover of Newcastle Knights was proceeding and would be completed in the near future," a club statement read.
"Several issues outside the control of the Hunter Sports Group have been experienced with the transfer of contracts and the many legal issues that have had to be fulfilled in this major transformation for the club.
"A meeting between the current Knights board and senior management from the Hunter Sports Group has been organised to take place in the next few days to ensure all responsibilities, cash injections and cashflows will be met in the countdown to June 30th.
"The Hunter Sports Group wish to reiterate the sale will definitely proceed."

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...rl-club-cronulla/story-fn2mcuj6-1226082988939

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I wouldnt get your hopes up

Meanwhile, the Knights have hit back at reports the privatisation by multi-millionaire Nathan Tinkler's Hunter Sports Group might not proceed in time to avoid another members' vote.
"The Hunter Sports Group today confirmed the takeover of Newcastle Knights was proceeding and would be completed in the near future," a club statement read.
"Several issues outside the control of the Hunter Sports Group have been experienced with the transfer of contracts and the many legal issues that have had to be fulfilled in this major transformation for the club.
"A meeting between the current Knights board and senior management from the Hunter Sports Group has been organised to take place in the next few days to ensure all responsibilities, cash injections and cashflows will be met in the countdown to June 30th.
"The Hunter Sports Group wish to reiterate the sale will definitely proceed."

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...rl-club-cronulla/story-fn2mcuj6-1226082988939

A very serious post from a very serious fella.

Bicey, can you give us a weather forecast for the Hunter region?

Unless he's a cheap squad player on a maximum two year contract and knows his main jobs are as back up for Kyle Stanley and to cover us through rep season then he's a poor option. He isn't a premiership winning fullback and if we're stuck with him on a first grade salary for three years, we're no serious shot for that time.

Two years, $100K per season, bite their hands off. Any longer or any more, wish him luck seeing his career out in reserve grade at Newcastle.