What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dexter

PJ

First Grade
I love it.

Went and borrowed the book it is based on and it is one of the few adaptations where the show is better than the book, at least that is what I think.

Great premise, well written, well casted and well acted.

2 True Blues

Coach
Yeah I was wrapped they have no gap btw series 1 and 2, straight into it.

You know i have a theory that this show may be heading towards him locating the killer of his mother with the chain saw. And it may be his father ??? He took out his brother, can he take out dad ?? just a theory.

AILD

Bench
Dexters real dad died in season 1 remember...he got a letter saying that his bio dad had died, his brother the ice truck killer got to him IIRC.

I think harry is hiding more re: the murder of dex's mum....i dont think he did it...but he knew alot more about it.

2 True Blues

Coach
Yeah I agree mate. Definately a lot more. I still think his dad may still be alive though, and thats what harry wanted to hide from him. Should be interesting.

His stepsister annoys the crap out of me though. not a coppers left nut.

2 True Blues

Coach
You must be hangin to find out what else happens mate. One of the best shows on FOX I reckon at present.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Yeah I kinda Amazon'd to see if they have the second season on DVD yet (I'm a big fan of TV series on DVD), and I found out a little of what happens in season 2. I cannot wait.

I'm just disappointed in myself that I couldn't see who the ice-truck killer actually was (I picked which character he was pretty early on, just not who he was)! :lol:

perverse

Referee
hehe doakes is awesome :D

i've watched through seasons 1 & 2 and let me just say it's the best TV series in a long.. long.. long time. it's so close to perfection it's scary.

2 True Blues

Coach
PJ said:
I love it.

Went and borrowed the book it is based on and it is one of the few adaptations where the show is better than the book, at least that is what I think.

Great premise, well written, well casted and well acted.

I only just noticed the start credits the other week as far as it being based on a book. "Dark Stories" or something similar isn't it ??? was thinking of havin a look at it.

perverse

Referee
2 True Blues said:
I only just noticed the start credits the other week as far as it being based on a book. "Dark Stories" or something similar isn't it ??? was thinking of havin a look at it.
there are 3 books.
Book 1 - Darkly Dreaming Dexter
Book 2 - Dearly Devoted Dexter
Book 3 - Dexter in the Dark

the first season of the series is reasonably strongly based on the first book.. but as the series has progressed it is becoming more and more evident that the series is becoming its' own entity.

as for season 2... yes it is better than season 1. in fact i found that from the first episode in season 1 the show just continues to get better and better and better.

enjoy! season 3 is due for release in the U.S septermber 30th this year.

salivor

First Grade
It's one of the best shows on telly, I'd probably rank it behind Prison Break in terms of my must watch programs.

I don't know how they're going to work the third season though as every loose end has been tied up at the end of the second season particularly with the very last scene (I won't give any specific details for those who still haven't seen it).

perverse

Referee
salivor said:
It's one of the best shows on telly, I'd probably rank it behind Prison Break in terms of my must watch programs.

I don't know how they're going to work the third season though as every loose end has been tied up at the end of the second season particularly with the very last scene (I won't give any specific details for those who still haven't seen it).
i don't really think so... there's still plenty more to explore...

argh it's hard to talk about it without giving anything away though! let's just say - going off the books - there's some very interesting cases coming up for dex.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I've just finished watching both seasons one and two and it's rocketed high up on my list of all time favourite shows. The first season is better than the second, but both have been thoroughly enjoyable.

2 True Blues

Coach
Sounds good. Was blown away already by the first episode in season 2. His girlfriend starting to sus him out as well as his dumping sight being discovered by those ocean divers. Top show. It's starin to come in on him already and 2 seasons left.

Latest posts