What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dexter

2 True Blues

Coach
perverse said:
there are 3 books.
Book 1 - Darkly Dreaming Dexter
Book 2 - Dearly Devoted Dexter
Book 3 - Dexter in the Dark

the first season of the series is reasonably strongly based on the first book.. but as the series has progressed it is becoming more and more evident that the series is becoming its' own entity.

as for season 2... yes it is better than season 1. in fact i found that from the first episode in season 1 the show just continues to get better and better and better.

enjoy! season 3 is due for release in the U.S septermber 30th this year.

Thanks mate. Very informative. shall check it out. ;-)

andrew057

First Grade
Finished watching them at the start of the year, really need to get around to watching them again. Outstanding show, I think season 2's storyline is better then 1.

perverse

Referee
andrew057 said:
Finished watching them at the start of the year, really need to get around to watching them again. Outstanding show, I think season 2's storyline is better then 1.
i think i just enjoyed the character development and the lulz in s2 more than s1, i agree with you.

petetheileet

First Grade
this is such a top f**kn show!!! iv scrolled right to the bottom to miss all your posts caus im only half way thru season two

But for anyone out there this show is an absolute must see!!!

Misanthrope

Staff member
I must be alone in preferring season one's overall narrative. The second season seemed to stall a little in the middle as they tried to drag out the overall arch about the Bay Harbour Butcher.

The first, the narrative flowed far smoother.

PJ

First Grade
You're not alone Misanthrope.

I thought 1 was much better than 2. 2 is starting to get a little soap opera like.

Also disapointed some of the better story lines from the 2nd book seem to be going to be left out.

AILD

Bench
dexter is probably the best tv show EVER IMO. and i got to watch the first episode of the 3rd series the other day....its pretty damn good.

and their is more sex in that 1 ep then in both series 1 and 2 put together!!! :lol: julia benz is NOICE

Misanthrope

Staff member
How'd you manage to see the first episodes? I thought they weren't out until September 28th?

PJ

First Grade
I didn't enjoy the 2nd series anywhere near as much as the first, but am looking forward to season 3.

yeah i didnt enjoy the second season as much.

ifound that english bird pretty annoying. glad she was written out.

doakes and paul (prison husband)...one of them should have survived.

i liked the premise of the fake rehab visits...but it all went down hill when whats her face appeared.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I really loved the continuing narrative of the first, and I agree that the second wasn't as good in that respect. Was shocked (and a little bummed) when they killed off Doakes, but it was the best way to get Dexter out of trouble. Curious to see what comes next.

salivor

First Grade
I've seen the first ep and it looks like it's going to be a pretty decent series though I agree with others that it's not quite the same without Doakes.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
i've acquired the first ep of Season 3 and am waiting to watch it, i've been told its amazing.

On season 2, i didn't mind lila in the beggining, it just got over the top by the end and the constant talk between them sh*tted me. I wish Doakes wasn't dead.

Latest posts