What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dexter

Tommax25

Bench
Love it. I have the biggest crush on Rita.

Same! And that made me hate that lila whorebag, I disliked her for some reason at the start and when she interfered with dexters and ritas relationship I was p*ssed. Why couldnt she just get over him! God!

Yeah, like everyone is saying, I liked season 1 better, and doakesy was a good character for sparking action and the tension between him and dexter was good, but had to happen.

AILD

Bench
'Dexter' picked up for 2 more seasons

Showtime has renewed its top-rated drama series "Dexter" for two more seasons.

The premium cable network has ordered 12 episodes each for Seasons 4 and 5, with the fourth season set to go into production in the spring in Los Angeles.

Season 3 premiered Sept. 28 and is averaging 2.5 million weekly viewers combined across all airings, up 16% over the same period last season. When DVR and on-demand numbers are factored in, Showtime expects that number to exceed 3 million weekly viewers.

"Dexter," which stars Michael C. Hall as a complicated and conflicted blood-spatter expert for the Miami police department who moonlights as a serial killer, was nominated for five Emmys this year, including best drama series and best lead actor in a drama. The show also received a 2008 Peabody Award.

Showtime president of entertainment Robert Greenblatt credited the cast, producing team and Jeff Lindsay, author of the books on which "Dexter" is based, for the show's success.

"I thought at best we would attract a devoted cult audience but soon realized that, ironically, this show is so thematically rich and layered with humanity that audiences of all kinds have flocked to it," he said.

John Goldwyn, Sara Colleton, Clyde Phillips and Charles H. Eglee serve as executive producers for Season 3. Hall, Scott Buck and Melissa Rosenberg are co-executive producers. 'Dexter' picked up for 2 more seasons

hollywoodreporter.com

Frederick

Staff member
I only watched my first episode of Dexter about a week and a half ago. I have now watched the entire first and second season, and will be caught up with the 3rd by the weekend. Absolutely love it

Thomas

First Grade
I downloaded the first 3 eps of Season 3. We watched ep 1 just after it was leaked...but here's my problem.

Thursday night was our "Dexter Night". My missus would cook a nice meal, we'd have a bottle of wine and watch Dexter on Fox. Now...I have the eps hot of the intertubes but my missus wants to wait so we can have "Dexter Night" again.

Its causing much wailing and gnashing of teeth. I could possibly watch them sneakily....but....she'd find out. They always do. Arrgh.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Why not burn the eps to dvd and have Dexter night starting from tonight? and every thursday.. saves waiting for it on fox..

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
I am up to date on s03 -- downloading the files as they play in the US.

This season is yet to kick in, something has to get much more intense!

AILD

Bench
yeah the first 3 are a bit "meh" compared to the first 2 seasons...but the 4th one i really enjoyed....its getting better and better.

AILD

Bench
just watched the final for season 3.

f'ing awesome!

this series started slow...but after about ep 3-4 it got really good, i reckon this was close to if not the best season of dexter!

cant wait for the next 2 series!

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
just watched the final for season 3.

f'ing awesome!

this series started slow...but after about ep 3-4 it got really good, i reckon this was close to if not the best season of dexter!

cant wait for the next 2 series!

Exactly how I felt. Started slow, but around the time you mentioned it got very good.

I have d/l the finale -- can't wait to watch it tonight!

henrieté

Juniors
Season 3 starts January 8. I would be in so much trouble if I downloaded it and watched it, as this is a show our family enjoys together. Half the fun is waiting until next week to see what happens.

Possibly one of my all time favourite programs.

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
Just watched the last of season 3 -- not an OMG! sort of episode, but very good.

Can't wait for 4. When does it start?

PJ

First Grade
Around next October I think.

Was a bit of a nothing ending but I think it may well have set the scene for next year.

Frederick

Staff member
I thought season 3 was less about the killing of murderers than the first two seasons, and more about the drama of family life. The promo for season 4 gave the feeling that Dexter gets back to his good ol' ways

Latest posts