What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Diablo III

DB

First Grade
It comes out on console tomorrow.... of someone who loves that game, but doesn't have a gaming computer, I'll pick it up.

abpanther

Staff member
I don't know what crevice I've been living in but I've just learnt that this came out on console.

Curious to get feedback from those who have it on console (particularly ps3), what's it like?

From the reviews I've read, the presentation suffers a little to keep up with the frame rate but the gameplay is actually better with a controller

gUt

Coach
um I think we're in the mid 40s? Playing nightmare, up to the desert city stage

abpanther

Staff member
Nice

Wanna chat with anyone who has got through inferno with a Barb, could use some build advice

Curtis89

Juniors
I'm happy they are getting rid of the AH for the expansion because it was a horrible decision to base loot drops around it. Hopefully the game will be better for it.

^ great news if true. I only played for a month or so. Willing to give it another chance because I think I hyped it up too much in my mind before it came out

abpanther

Staff member
Yeah I believe they will model it similar to the console version which has no AH and as a result the loot drops are much better

I'm really enjoying it, I didn't get it when all the hype was out, only picked it up a few days ago, really impressed with how well it has transitionied to console, much easier to use 4-6 skills at once with a controller

Monk

Referee
I've got it and enjoyed my playthrough (as a Monk, nya).

Game was better than I expected, though I didn't really care about the story too much.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Cannot get into this. I can't decide if it's the ordinary graphics, the bland plot, or the fact it's just not as good as the game that preceded it by a decade.

abpanther

Staff member
Ordinary graphics? They seem pretty good to me, the levels look nice and plenty of detail on the bosses

The plot is a little meh, I tend to skip bits of it, although the cinematics are pretty cool

I don't see how it's much different from D2 really, other than some minor changes with the runes and the removal of the skill tree. What else is not as good about it?

I'm enjoying it at the moment, went over to a mates place and played couch co-op, man that was fun, they've pulled that off really well

Misanthrope

Staff member
Ordinary graphics? They seem pretty good to me, the levels look nice and plenty of detail on the bosses

The plot is a little meh, I tend to skip bits of it, although the cinematics are pretty cool

I don't see how it's much different from D2 really, other than some minor changes with the runes and the removal of the skill tree. What else is not as good about it?

Maybe it's just that I find the opening zone too dimly lit and cartoony? I don't know.

The gameplay lacks a lot with its simplification of skills and the whole thing just plays a little clunky on the PC. Torchlight and Torchlight II, by comparison, feel like they're fast flowing and fun.

I wanted to love D3 as I loved Diablo and Diablo 2, but so far I've just not found myself falling in love with it at all.

Playing through on hardcore with my brothers in the next few days. Maybe that'll redeem it in my eyes.

perverse

Referee
The watered down skill system ruined it for me. Pretty sure they did a similar thing to WoW, although I haven't played it since they did. Apparently skill trees are too complicated for the dullards that play games these days.

abpanther

Staff member
While I agree to an extent and I too am disappointed in the removal of the skill tree, it does have some positives.

For one, it doesn't make it so irreversible to try different skills and builds before settling on one that works and one that you like. With D2 you really had to know what your build was gonna be right from the beginning so as not to waste points on the wrong skills and eventually be screwed on Hell

perverse

Referee
Yeah, but I mean WoW solved that issue yeaaaars ago by allowing you to pay a small-moderate fee of in-game currency to respec your character. There's no advantage I can see at all to a watered down skill system except that shitter players (and, as a result, more players) can grasp it.

It probably helps them make it for console, too. Bleh.

They made the game all about the gear (the only distinguishing feature between characters) so that it would fuel auction house activity, ergo making Blizzard even more money. It's surprising to me that they are bowing to pressure and removing the AH from the expansion. I guess they've either made enough, or are willing to except that it's a large part of what is destroying their game.

Last edited:

abpanther

Staff member
I've never played WoW so didn't know that

I'm enjoying it on console, particularly the co op

Latest posts