What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dickhead Punters Betting on League

When I read this about what had happened to Josh Morris, and Josh Addo-Carr all I could think is the "people who did this are a bunch of dickheads" -

Roosters star Josh Morris calls out sickening betting-related social media threat
https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2F2fac5a4c-98e6-450f-8594-ec2e4a051c39
By Marc Churches
an hour ago

Roosters centre Josh Morris has called out a social media user who sent him threatening abuse following the Tricolours' 40-6 win over the Wests Tigers.

Morris was targeted by a disgruntled punter, who elected to blame the 34-year-old's performance on the outcome of his unsuccessful multi bet.

The vile message included threats towards Morris, which he screenshotted and shared to his Instagram following of 81,000 users, pleading for an end to player abuse over failed multis.

"f--k you, you dog c--t, you f----d my multi," the social media troll said.

"I'm out the front of Leumeah stadium waiting for your bus to rock up, wait till you walk out of that back door, you won't know what hit ya."

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2F73b3e9ca-4a29-4f9e-9ab1-b7d61c75aa3e

Josh Morris calls out disgusting social media abuse (Getty/Instagram)

Morris accompanied the Instagram story post with: "Great to get the win today with the lads but honestly, this stuff needs to stop.

"We don't care about your multis."

NRL players in recent times have unfortunately been the target of a number of disgruntled fans on social media.

Melbourne Storm star Josh Addo-Carr last week took to Instagram to post a photo of himself holding up a sign, where he made it known he isn't interested in hearing the outcry surrounding failed betting on rugby league.

South Sydney Rabbitohs star Latrell Mitchell has also regularly taken to social media to call out online trolls, having been subjected to racist comments.

Mitchell last year famously revealed he considered walking away from the game amid a spate of vile racist messages.

Source: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/rooste...a-threat/c2abb9e5-7eba-470c-8cf0-93647e712096

Players have no obligation to people who bet on games, so if you can't take losing, then I suggest you rack off.

Oh and before anyone goers on about the game taking sponsorship from gambling agencies, are you seriously going to argue that players should alter their on field play as a result? Fact is the betting goes on whether it is legal or not.

(P.S. Apologies to the Staff for forgetting to include the link to the article when I originally posted it)

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Thats a clear threat, he should have reported him to the police, not shared it on instagram!

Bazal

Post Whore
Did...did old mat put the Tigers in his multi?

How did he expect to have anything but a bad time?

I bet it was trevcogger

Silent Knight

First Grade
That gronk probably put his last paycheck on the multi and now he has to go home and explain to his wife and kid they'll be eating instant noodles for the next couple of weeks.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
The roosters/over 40.5 total same game multi came up trumos, cheers moz.

But seriously, what a flog. Anyone who thought the tigers were capable of anything but rubbish on the weekend most likely has a few added chemicals in their bloodstream.and is capable of disgusting acts like this.

The Rosco

Bench
Well at least we know it wasn't a WT supporter.
We knew full well the degree of shoom shumming we were facing.

redVinme

Bench
Imagine threatening someone and ending it with you won't know what hit ya. Pretty sure he would.

I’m surprised NRL360 isn’t denigrating players as uncaring merkins uncaring about rank n file everyday folk punters and their multis.

Surely there is scope for a Matt Nable voice over app for when punters lay their bets?

some11

Referee
Did...did old mat put the Tigers in his multi?
He would've had Jmoz or his outside man to score.

Dumb shit should know all the traffic was going to be run down the Rooster's right hand side at the leilua's.

I once bet on Dave Taylor to be first try scorer in SOO. $20 down the drain. I lamented with my wife and parents in law while we were watching it, as David Taylor didn't score first try. They immediately told me to STFU, and I've never mentioned it again.

Latest posts