What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

did anyone watch the match?

Utey

Coach
stiff-meister eel said:
I'll be short & sweat. We need to learn from the dogs ie get that mongrel, never give up attitude, the pride being part of the club & full concentration. You can have the best game plan in the world but you need players with attitude to execute it.

Sure its good to get the so called form slump now as some would argue but at the end of the day we shouldn't of lost the past 2 games against those weak teams. You don't throw games like that away. That's pure stupidity. If we had won those games, we would now be on 30 points plus a bye which takes it it 32 points. These are the games which teams like the dogs wouldn't have lost because theyy have the characteristics I mentioned above

But Parra seem to love doing it the hard way come semi time. I'm very pis*ed off. To say I'm, angry & bitterly disappointed is an understatement

We all know the 2 week links in the team. Just get rid of them

The attitude has to come within the players, no one else can do it. Maybe the club official should send some of the players & officials to the bulldogs club for a boot camp to show them how it's done. They have something in the air & we should want some of that.

:clap:

Angry_eel

First Grade
stiff-meister eel said:
I'll be short & sweat. We need to learn from the dogs ie get that mongrel, never give up attitude, the pride being part of the club & full concentration. You can have the best game plan in the world but you need players with attitude to execute it.

Sure its good to get the so called form slump now as some would argue but at the end of the day we shouldn't of lost the past 2 games against those weak teams. You don't throw games like that away. That's pure stupidity. If we had won those games, we would now be on 30 points plus a bye which takes it it 32 points. These are the games which teams like the dogs wouldn't have lost because theyy have the characteristics I mentioned above

But Parra seem to love doing it the hard way come semi time. I'm very pis*ed off. To say I'm, angry & bitterly disappointed is an understatement

We all know the 2 week links in the team. Just get rid of them

The attitude has to come within the players, no one else can do it. Maybe the club official should send some of the players & officials to the bulldogs club for a boot camp to show them how it's done. They have something in the air & we should want some of that.

who are the weakest links. maybe u'd like to emphasise on that.

Kornstar

Coach
On thinking more about what Johns said to Timmy, although it obviously worked, it was a pretty low thing to say that to a young kid, i hope when his kid grows up and had pressure on him that someone does the exact same thing and let Johns see how it feels when his kid fails.........

I hope Timmy loses all respect for Johns now!!!

Hellsy

Immortal
Kornstar said:
On thinking more about what Johns said to Timmy, although it obviously worked, it was a pretty low thing to say that to a young kid, i hope when his kid grows up and had pressure on him that someone does the exact same thing and let Johns see how it feels when his kid fails.........

Exactly!!! That is precisely the reason for my anger above.. I just couldn't spit it out without growling.....

Tim has looked up to Johns his whole life, on their first match playing opposite each other Joey says that to the kid. Yes Joey won the mental game but so the hell what. I wish we'd had known about this after the game last night there may have been words to that character.

eelsta

Bench
So in the last week timmy's had kenny having a go at him, then johns and now SOME fans.
Poor kid:( but one thing i'm sure of he will bounce back as good if not better than ever!!!!!!

Angry_eel

First Grade
Kornstar said:

Hang on i seem to have missed alot of things. what did johns say to timmy.

WA Eel

Juniors
Losing to the knights is not the end of the world. Now that Johns is back, they are a better team than their position on the ladder would suggest.

Kornstar

Coach
Who are the fans giving it to him?

He can hold his head up, he did his best last night, 2 try assists and 28+ tackles, and we only lost by 6, i think we can blame our outside defence before we blame Timmy.

He has orchestrated 5 tries in 2 weeks in a losing team, there aint nothing wrong with Timmy, start looking at our forwards and asking them to run the ball harder.......then our halves might have a better platform to create!!

I am not saying Timmy was perfect, i am saying however, all this over-rated talk and rubbish that has gone on is not justified!!!!!

Johns got 4 try assists last week in a losing team, i didn't hear anyone saying Johns is over-rated cause the Knights lost........

We lost cause the "team" did not put in, we were flat and there were no forwards to add spark!!!

Lets move on and look towards the Warriors, if we aren't fired up for that one then there really is something wrong with us!

Hellsy

Immortal
Angry_eel said:
Hang on i seem to have missed alot of things. what did johns say to timmy.

This:

Originally Posted by MarkInTheStands

Also Tim Smith kicked a ball out on the full, at the resulting scrum, Andrew Johns said,” so your the next Sterlo huh?” It shook Tim (either the jibe or the poor kick) and for the next twenty minutes he seemed to go awol.

Who are the fans giving it to him???

Angry_eel

First Grade
don't worry, wait another couple of years. when johns is working as the new trent 'the flight stewart' at the footy show he'll be saying "damn, he is sterlo"

everyone has to start somewhere...we were beat lets hope we turn it all around in 2 weeks...the other results this weekend went our way so we are still 2 clear...no reason to panic JUST yet....

Stagger eel

Staff member
Tim will be right, he's playing NRL footy so he's got to expect to be psyched out by his opposing number 7, he'll learn from the experiance. And the better he gets the more he gets sledged from opposition fans he'll deal with it.

PIG

Juniors
I can't believe you pussys bitching about what Joey said to Tim Smith...for farks sake it's a mans game.

Stagger eel

Staff member
PIG said:
I can't believe you pussys bitching about what Joey said to Tim Smith...for farks sake it's a mans game.

well I echoed that point in a more polite way, but yeah I guess your right.

Kornstar

Coach
You are right and he probably doesn't care as much as some, i, and others are still allowed to say that we didn't like the comment, as you are allowed to say that we are all pussy's and that this is a man's game.

All i can hope is that Timmy learns something about Johns as a person and this makes him more determined to be a better footballer and erase Johns' name from the record books.......

Stagger eel

Staff member
Kornstar said:
You are right and he probably doesn't care as much as some, i, and others are still allowed to say that we didn't like the comment, as you are allowed to say that we are all pussy's and that this is a man's game.

All i can hope is that Timmy learns something about Johns as a person and this makes him more determined to be a better footballer and erase Johns' name from the record books.......

it could well be watershead moment in his career, but really I'll be happy if turns out to be a great footballer, does he realy have to be the best?

Hellsy

Immortal
Well excuse me for once again not thinking the same as you Pig. I'll think the way I bloody well want to, if you don't like it then lump it. I am here to say what I want, you can say what you want about the incident but don't dare tell me how I (and others) are allowed to react

PIG

Juniors
eelavation said:
well I echoed that point in a more polite way, but yeah I guess your right.

Mate some supporters are too soft...fancy whinging about what Johns said and defending players because they are nice blokes. Call a spade a spade.

I also agree, with MITS thoughts on Perenara. To be caught offside 3 times in one game is inexcusable.
Once is acceptable, twice maybe a little over enthusiastic-but 3 times when the ref is constantly calling you out is a joke...go work on that and your ability to catch the ball with the line wide open in Premier League Henry. Perenara, Burt and Graham shouldn't be allowed within cooee of the first grade squad in the lead up to the Warriors game- facts are facts. I can guarantee at least one of them will be there though- nothing is more certain than we will be yet again privliged to see Luke Turd: backing off attacking players, not knowing when to come in or stay out, rushing in 10 metres when we have everyone covered, making negative ground out of dummy half, not reading opposition kicking games and missing kicks from beside the posts...we seen it 110+ times already, let's all go through it again during the Warriors game.

Latest posts