What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

did anyone watch the match?

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Next time McKinnon or Grothe pulls out, Williams and Reddy should be in the team cause Burt's positional play is ordinary. Twice he wasnt deep on the last tackle, and that allowed the Knights players to chase more. PAthetic.

Also I thought they took a wrong option one time, instead of kicking they shouldve passed it cause there was only Carmont and Seage defended, easily couldve scored there.

MarkInTheStands said:
Nah Guys, Here were the differences.

Henry Perenara , 4 times in defence was called for off side 2 of these lead to tries. I watched him for the next 20 minutes and we were lucky not to be done again, he stands constantly a metre ahead of his team mates. His also dropped the ball with the line wide open.

Ashley Graham, made a few simple mistakes, sure it was wet, sure it was greasy but when all you have to do is pick up the ball in your own in goal and the opposition are still 20 metres from the goal you, you need to pick up the ball, not knock it on and the throw it out.

Luke Burt’s positional play was poor on two breaks in the last 10 minutes, twice the inside ball was on, twice Luke hung out on the touch line till it was too late to send the ball in field.

We defiantly miss Morrision and Wagon, our Defence for the first part was strong but had no sting.

Also Tim Smith kicked a ball out on the full, at the resulting scrum, Andrew Johns said,” so your the next Sterlo huh?” It shook Tim (either the jibe or the poor kick) and for the next twenty minutes he seemed to go awol.

We also missed Grothe’s finishing, both times Luke went for a bat back from a cross field kick, it went forward. Maybe there were mitigating circumstances on one, but the second one on our own line, he won the jump and managed to bat it forward.

Look, these players are nice guys and everyone who meets them loves them, but their form at the moment is poor and they are making mistakes.

Yep I agree, We were sh*thouse. That was a good slege by Johns. Now Tim can get on with his game and stop thinking that his hero is all this and all that. His hero sledged him hard now tim has a point to prove. That should spur him on.

Perenera catches that Ball by Tim Smith the game would have been different.

strider

Post Whore
Yep - its Henry's fault - he scores his try we win :lol:

In fairness to the Knights, their defence was pretty damn good tonight - there weren't too many holes and when we did find one they scrambled well in cover defence....while the Knights have struggled to field a decent team at times this year, they will be trouble for many teams in the back end of this season.....they do have arguably 2 of the best players in the world in Johns and Buderus.

I also felt Shayne Hayne had a pretty sh*t game....the 5-1 penalty count (or whatever it was) in the back end of the first half gave them a tonne of momentum....I don't believe such a lopsided count was warranted......but we screwed ourselves aswell when we had chances

strider said:
I also felt Shayne Hayne had a pretty sh*t game....the 5-1 penalty count (or whatever it was) in the back end of the first half gave them a tonne of momentum....I don't believe such a lopsided count was warranted......but we screwed ourselves aswell when we had chances

But that goes back to Perenara Standing off side constantly and continuing to do it after the 3 or so penalties against him.

0neye

ITS XMASS PARRA POOO JABERS LOL ;()
mrhanky.gif

fish eel

Immortal
rather than being overrated, have we over achieved to date?
Most of us were hoping to get into the finals, not be pushing for the minor premiership.
At the start of the season, how many of us would have taken 2nd spot at this stage of the year?

Jobdog

Live Update Team
MarkInTheStands said:
Also Tim Smith kicked a ball out on the full, at the resulting scrum, Andrew Johns said,” so your the next Sterlo huh?”
:lol: That's good. But on the game guys, bad luck, best of luck for the rest of the year, and come on, be happy for us!!! We havent won that many games this year ;-) Tim Smith was a bit disappointing after the first 15 minutes, but he will learn from playing against Joey and be better for the run.

stiffmeister

Bench
I'll be short & sweat. We need to learn from the dogs ie get that mongrel, never give up attitude, the pride being part of the club & full concentration. You can have the best game plan in the world but you need players with attitude to execute it.

Sure its good to get the so called form slump now as some would argue but at the end of the day we shouldn't of lost the past 2 games against those weak teams. You don't throw games like that away. That's pure stupidity. If we had won those games, we would now be on 30 points plus a bye which takes it it 32 points. These are the games which teams like the dogs wouldn't have lost because theyy have the characteristics I mentioned above

But Parra seem to love doing it the hard way come semi time. I'm very pis*ed off. To say I'm, angry & bitterly disappointed is an understatement

We all know the 2 week links in the team. Just get rid of them

The attitude has to come within the players, no one else can do it. Maybe the club official should send some of the players & officials to the bulldogs club for a boot camp to show them how it's done. They have something in the air & we should want some of that.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Johns really is the master. I'm hoping the boys took notes in his class tonight: Intimidating the Ref 101.

Congrats to him for steering the Knights around in a brilliant performance. IMO though, he controlled the game in more ways than one.

On the bright side, Timmy got another 2 try assists and Stringer got off his duck.

I know a certain team that will be doing a lot of ball handling practice over the next 2 weeks... completions over the last 2 weeks have been ridiculous... we've probably come close to doubling our total season error count in those 2 matches alone.

Finally, Brian sounded like he's really looking forwarded to a couple of players coming back... I'm thinking that he's referring to Wagon, Morro, Grothe & Vella. I think that extra bit of experience and class may have made a difference last night, although all credit to the Knights... played with plenty of passion.

Hellsy

Immortal
MarkInTheStands said:

Also Tim Smith kicked a ball out on the full, at the resulting scrum, Andrew Johns said,” so your the next Sterlo huh?” It shook Tim (either the jibe or the poor kick) and for the next twenty minutes he seemed to go awol.

I can't believe that Johns would say that to Tim. Has the almighty never made a mistake?
I understand it is getting the mental edge over Tim, but.... GGGGGGRRRRRRRR...I cannot say anymore I am too angry

Latest posts