What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did Elliott have a parting shot at supporters ?

Raider_69

Post Whore
i feel i speak for most raiders fans when i say, they could of had him yesterday if it were up to us

woodgers

Bench
Nick, you must be running on backwards compatible if you managed to interpret that post.

Drugs are bad kids.

Wobbygong

First Grade
Elliott's done well considering the woeful retention and recruitment record and general lack of talent at the Raiders. He once said on NRL on Fox players don't want to come to Canberra, unless we pay overs or they are looking for a new start etc.

Elliott is a shrewd operator and the Panthers have done well to snare him so early on.

hrundi99

First Grade
Wobbygong said:
Elliott's done well considering the woeful retention and recruitment record and general lack of talent at the Raiders. He once said on NRL on Fox players don't want to come to Canberra, unless we pay overs or they are looking for a new start etc.

Elliott is a shrewd operator and the Panthers have done well to snare him so early on.

We're on the cusp of an important step forward with regard to our juniors.

We have juniors who are pretty talented, they just need to make the step up to 1st grade and be consistent.

Carney and Weyman are starting to do that.

Tokyo_Raider

Juniors
azza said:
Woodgers - just take anything Tokyo_Raider says with a pinch of salt and you'll be right, my friend :lol: .

There should deadset be a disclaimer when you sign up for this site:

Please note that only the prevailing opinion may be expressed here. You are required to do so ad nauseum.

Grow up, wanker.

azza

Juniors
:lol: :lol: Looks like I struck a chord.

Where's your sense of humour ? Surely a bloke who has a 300K job but still has the time to camp on these forums and lecture others about football (or at least believe that is occurring) can look on the bright side of life?

Stop taking youself so seriously.

Tokyo_Raider

Juniors
That's the nice thing about being in charge, old boy - you don't have to justfiy what you do with your time. As for the job...I'm actually on the beach in Thailand as I type this. :) Keep working hard in your part time job as Crsipy Creme donuts or whatever it is you do, reach the dizzying heights of assistant shift manager and you may even find out for yourself one day.

First I am accussed of not talking enough football, then I'm accussed of being lectursome on football. Make up your mind.

Bottom line here is that there is a tight little clique on this page that will only accept the party line ("I think the coach stinks" "Carney must play" or whatever it is this week) and no diversion from that is acceptable.

And that's pathetic.

dubby

Bench
azza said:
:lol: :lol: Looks like I struck a chord.

Where's your sense of humour ? Surely a bloke who has a 300K job but still has the time to camp on these forums and lecture others about football (or at least believe that is occurring) can look on the bright side of life?

Stop taking youself so seriously.

Why dont YOU stop taking him so seriously?

Jealousy is a curse ;-)

legend

Coach
I agree there are negos and posos but I don't agree there is a clique. Far from it IMO. I find htis forum diverse with opinion without having an "in crowd" so to speak.

I think Tokyo Raider's opinion holds as much weight as the next blokes but he is a little more even tempered than the rest of us.

Bay and I agree on pretty everything Raiders related but have had some stoushes over the years and after meeting him for the first time last Saturday night, i am condifent I can beat the crap out of him as I'm at least a foot taller. ;-)

At the end of the day we are all Raiders fans and we want our team to win every week. It's just we all express ourselves in different ways and that is the part of the forum I enjoy most.

Back to the hostilities.

Bay56

First Grade
legend said:
Bay and I agree on pretty everything Raiders related but have had some stoushes over the years and after meeting him for the first time last Saturday night, i am condifent I can beat the crap out of him as I'm at least a foot taller. ;-)

:lol: :lol: ...

yea but I'm sure I could run faster Legg :lol:

Bay56

First Grade
Raider_69 said:
:lol: Azza has found Tokyo raw nerve :lol:

That's why T_R is in Thailand ... they've got a new "treatment" for this sort of thing :lol:

azza

Juniors
Tokyo_Raider said:
That's the nice thing about being in charge, old boy - you don't have to justfiy what you do with your time. As for the job...I'm actually on the beach in Thailand as I type this. :) Keep working hard in your part time job as Crsipy Creme donuts or whatever it is you do, reach the dizzying heights of assistant shift manager and you may even find out for yourself one day.

First I am accussed of not talking enough football, then I'm accussed of being lectursome on football. Make up your mind.

Bottom line here is that there is a tight little clique on this page that will only accept the party line ("I think the coach stinks" "Carney must play" or whatever it is this week) and no diversion from that is acceptable.

And that's pathetic.

Haha you knob jockey I stopped working at Krispy Kremes years ago :D. I was over in the islands of the Andaman Sea only but a few months ago, I'm glad I didn't run into you there :lol:.

Keep having your little cry mate. It's entertaining.

twistedbydesign

Juniors
woodgers said:
Yeah, i'll certainly head along to that. We'll see him do his usual magic.

I still don't believe that it was good to hold Carney back for so long. The way I see it, he had to finally put him in 1st grade properly and Carney just used what we already knew he had then people starting giving Elliott credit for it saying he did well to hold him up so long. I reckon that if he had of put him up even 12 months earlier we would be seeing a much better Todd Carney right now. It simply just delayed what we knew.

Either way, I said it a few weeks ago and I stick by it. William Zillman is in the top 5 best players at the Raiders at the moment I believe. People may debate it and say that I am going overboard and hyping him up but generally these are people who don't see him play all the time. He is incredible, far better than the majority of the guys in first grade.

Just out of interest's sake, which four players would you group with Zilly in our top 5?

woodgers

Bench
Current form would be Schif, Tongue, Mogg and Thommo. Graham is going ok but not in awesome form. TLL would have been in the 5 had he not got injured. Weyman is going ok too and Carney is getting there.

Honestly, the past few performances from Zilly have been superb. When he runs at the line he comes out the other side more often than not. Then he will run to the line and throw a short ball so the defence is always guessing, he varies it up constantly but his running game is the business. I believe he is more elusive than Brett Mullins was and that is saying a hell of a lot because I can't think of a more elusive Raider. Only difference is that Mullins did it at the top level so we will need to see if he can produce it at that level but i'm confident he can. His current form is red hot so I can't believe they haven't found a spot for him. Any other club and you'd know all about him I bet.

Bay56

First Grade
I reckon T_R should be banned from this forum ... he's always up to some mischief