What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did Jarrod Croker choke ?

Did Jarrod croker choke when kicking for goal ?

• yes

Votes: 157 64.1%
  • no

Votes: 88 35.9%

• Total voters

Willow

Assistant Moderator
i feel sorry for raiders_premiers said:
this poor guy has to endue countless of st merge fans
Yes he has. I feel sorry for Waiders too.

NZ_10c_Warriors, you keep fighting the good fight. There is a serious injustice going on here.
waiting for sheep jokes by some merge smartass.
I love the merger.

Do you love sheep?

Doh...! That's exactly what you wanted me NOT to say, right?

_Johnsy

Referee
this poor guy has to endue countless of st merge fans bashing the truth he says and the personal insults that come to him. the merge fans are so deluded they think he is wrong and they are so stubborn they dont understand what he is saying.

all i can say is: your efforts have not gone unnoticed. more people need to be like you so everyone can see how stupid the merge fans are.

waiting for sheep jokes by some merge smartass.

This coming from someone who started a "If I was as deluded as a StMerge fan"

f**k off idiot.

mrpwnd

Bench
I don't get why people use that 'St Merge' angle.
2 clubs merged, became st george illawarra. Is there some kind of humor in it that i'm missing?
Must be some new generation humor that I haven't caught up with, i'll be sure to pull it out of my ass to a few mates and see if they laugh at it next time.

afinalsin666

First Grade
haha you dragons fans woulda been sweating when croker was lining up that kick, what is it for yous, 1 from 11? still woulda been without that premiership...

ah well whats done is done. Spewing the tiggers couldnt get thrown into overtime again

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Supporter of salary cap cheats said:
haha you dragons fans woulda been sweating when croker was lining up that kick, what is it for yous, 1 from 11? still woulda been without that premiership...
I was hoping for a Raiders win. Saints would have smashed them in the final.

Wests Tigers were always going to be the team to test us in the games that mattered.

Paullyboy

Coach
Perhaps the same reason why you call other teams or a player chokers?

Paullyboy said:
Souths will die in the arse come the business end of the season and St George will choke.

Paully, rather than having a shot at cleary for mentioning the 'c' word, maybe you should blame those that have been trolling Saints with the choker tag - including your fellow Raiders supporters. It should be no surprise that someone would eventually bite back.

I think there is a difference between having a go at an organisation and having a go at a 20 year old. The Dragons have a history in recent times of underachieving come the business end of the season, this year they put that to bed and I congratulate them for it. I've stated many times I actually quite like the Dragons and I most certainly was going for them in the GF (having said that, there is no team on earth that I would not have cheered for in that game as long as they were playing the Rorters).

Anyway, I don't really care, I just couldn't believe how much joy people seemed to take out of a kids mistake. Particularly given they should be happy because they've got something to celebrate unlike the supporters from the other 15 teams. Then again, that's what you get with a forum populated almost exclusively by people in their early teens nowadays.

_Johnsy

Referee
Paullyboy,

This thread is a response to numerous Canberra fans throwing the choke line @ every opportunity at the dragons, (apologies to the decent raiders fans).

Try not to take it to heart, call it Karma for some.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I think there is a difference between having a go at an organisation and having a go at a 20 year old.
Didn't you once call Hodges the biggest 'choker' in the game?
Paullyboy said:
Anyway, I don't really care, I just couldn't believe how much joy people seemed to take out of a kids mistake.
Presumably you're worried it may hurt Croker's feelings.

As I said, I think the term 'choker' actually devalues the opposition more than anything. Same with Bradburies. I mean, if you go out to win and come away with the victory, you deserve it. Anything else is an attempt to take the gloss off that victory.

As for the 'kid', he is not a child. He is young man who has to accept the knocks of being a first grade player. Most typical young blokes take offence to anyone thinking they are soft in any way.

Of course I can't speak for Croker - he might be mentally soft, he might be tough as nails - I don't know. Looks like some people feel they know him well enough.

Ulysseus

Bench
haha you dragons fans woulda been sweating when croker was lining up that kick

Yep, because a team that was going to be without their play maker, his knee gave way a few minutes prior, and quiet a few other concerns was going to be the ultimate challenge...........

I think it worked out best for everyone, a few deluded Raiders supporters can keep acting like cockheads and telling all and sundry about the "hoodoo" the Raiders have over Saints and Saints supporters can enjoy the title.

Had they met, and be honest with yourself, it would have been a big ask for that "hoodoo" to continue under those circumstances, the Raiders would have been beaten and probably beaten well.
They then would have been left to ponder how a 10 year "hoodoo" could fail in the one game that mattered, if Saints then won the title at least one prize f**kwit here would have hung himself...............................hang on, it wouldn't have been all bad.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Why would we be wondering why it didn't continue when Campese knee blew out. As soon as Campese went down it was over. Thats football. It happened in 1995 when Stuart went down.

The reason the Raiders beat you is because the side plays a style the dragons struggle with. Just as the Raiders struggle against the West Tigers (or the cheating Storm).

Anyways I can't believe this troll thread is still going. Good trolling from both sides though. There is no way he choked though. I doubt very much that Croker has ever taken a kick from that position in his life.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I don't get why people use that 'St Merge' angle.
2 clubs merged, became st george illawarra. Is there some kind of humor in it that i'm missing?
Must be some new generation humor that I haven't caught up with, i'll be sure to pull it out of my ass to a few mates and see if they laugh at it next time.

TBH I use it as its shorter to type.

God-King Dean

Immortal

ah well whats done is done. Spewing the tiggers couldnt get thrown into overtime again

How much is it for Melbourne?

1 from 13? :lol:

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Sorry but we have owned you guys since before we started cheating.

I don't deny that but the ownage may have not looked so bad if your mob didn't start cheating.

Regardless, it's not fuel for Dragons supporters to use. That's your ammo and your entitled to it.

Last edited:

mrpwnd

Bench
TBH I use it as its shorter to type.
Well, at least it's better than using it for lack of any other creative name now that the dragons have a premiership.
I told my mates about it though, they didn't laugh, but I got shouted a beer out of pity so whatever.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
So do you think he was less than a 50/50 chance?

Lol are we talking chance here. Which is the entire 5050 thing.

If the kick had been say 10-20 metres in I would agree that he would have "normally" have kicked it. The distance is an unusual one in Rugby League as it is very rare that goals are kicked from that far out. Croker quite clearly over kicked the ball as he put it about 10 kms into the grandstand as he was compensating for the distance.

As Croker is not a Rugby Union player he is inexperienced kicking from that kind of distance. As I said I doubt he has even ever trained from that far out. He has only been first choice kicker for the Raiders for about 10 weeks.

People on this forum are incredibly easy to wind up so I know why this thread has gone on for so long but seriously I find it difficult to agree with the premise when it is doubtful that Croker has ever taken a kick from that distance.