What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did Jarrod Croker choke ?

Did Jarrod croker choke when kicking for goal ?

• yes

Votes: 157 64.1%
  • no

Votes: 88 35.9%

• Total voters
Oh no, I get it all. I just think it's beyond ridiculous that anyone could argue a first grade goalkicker would have a conversion rate even remotely close to 50% from that range. Without pressure a kicker of Croker's caliber would slot it at least 9 times out of 10.

:lol: Still, you don't get. "9 times out of 10" is just some bullsh*t coming out of your arse. You cannot assume he would have a 90% success rate at the angle & distance if for example he kicks the majority of his goals from right in front or from the right side of the field where he has an advantage as a left footer

Of course to actually work it out you need the stats from his successful & unsuccessful attempts at different ranges (which no one probably has & cbf gathering) but I am almost certain his average on the left side of the field would be less than the right side

andrew057

First Grade
Raiders_Premiers ----->
stfu28ce.png

RHCP

Bench
Raiders_Premiers said:
Of course to actually work it out you need the stats from his successful & unsuccessful attempts at different ranges (which no one probably has & cbf gathering) but I am almost certain his average on the left side of the field would be less than the right side
Work what out?

It's 50/50 no matter what, he gets it or he doesn't.

probability like that is based on observing data, without any data it is just a random guess.

Exactly which is why I think madunit & Pete Cash were proposing the 50/50 probability.

But as you said, like with the dice having 6 possible outcomes you can have it to the left of the post, right of the post, under the post etc (though I'm not sure in the context of goal kicking this is relevant)

Slackboy72

Coach
Exactly which is why I think madunit & Pete Cash were proposing the 50/50 probability.

But as you said, like with the dice having 6 possible outcomes you can have it to the left of the post, right of the post, under the post etc (though I'm not sure in the context of goal kicking this is relevant)

You really are the gift that keeps giving.

Charlie124

First Grade
This thread reminds me of that 'April Fools' one where there was 1 guy who just couldnt get his head around the fact that he was missing the point, no matter how many times and how many different people explained it to him.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
:lol: Still, you don't get. "9 times out of 10" is just some bullsh*t coming out of your arse. You cannot assume he would have a 90% success rate at the angle & distance if for example he kicks the majority of his goals from right in front or from the right side of the field where he has an advantage as a left footer

You are officially the most geniused poster I've come across. Congratulations, you fought hard for the title, but you finally got there.

andrew057

First Grade
I'm waiting for Raiders_Premiers and co. to come back and say they were just trolling, because surely theses guys aren't that geniused.

Like I said petty insults that really only make you look pathetic

Still waiting for your justification, which I doubt you have... "But he'd farkin' kick it 99 times out of 100 he would!"

RHCP

Bench
There's a 50/50 chance that Raiders_Premiers will say something smart next time he posts.

See how skewed that probability is?

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Like I said petty insults that really only make you look pathetic

Still waiting for your justification, which I doubt you have... "But he'd farkin' kick it 99 times out of 100 he would!"

I'm done, you've got me.

I think the saying holds true here... "Don't argue with idiot's, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience".

So you win. I am 50% out of this conversation.

Last edited:

Gidley Up

Juniors
dignity.jpg

It could not be more simple, Raiders Premiers. You want me to show this to the cat, and have the cat tell you what it is? 'Cause the cat's going to get it.

I'm done, you've got me.

I think the saying holds true here... "Don't argue with idiot's, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience".

So you win.

I think it's more like "sh*t I really don't have anything besides people coming in trying to be funny and insulting"

Like I said, I'm happy to be proved wrong. You've got nothing left apart from "he'd kick it 9 times out of 10" so of course you'll resort to little high school tactics

_Johnsy

Referee
Are there low iodine levels in the water in Canberra?

So, to summarise this thread, Jarrod Croker choked.