What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did youse see Ronnie (post match)

Quigs

Immortal
Straight after the game the onfield Fox Crew interviewed Nicho and Moyzie. When that interview finished they dragged Cam Mc over and were interviewing him about how he went and how he pulled up etc. His big missing gap in his front teeth was very prominent.

Nek minute Mad Ronnie's head pops up directly behind Cam's head smiling like a mad kid, and here he is holding one pointed finger up over his front teeth making out he had a big gap too.

Laughing his head off, Ronnie quickly exited stage right.

Funny as all shit, but to me things like that show how tight the whole unit is and very happy. Good vibes all round.

chewsta

First Grade
I saw that Quigs, laughed my head off when Ronnie did that. Its now My new profile pic.

There's a video on instagram of the bench's reaction to the kick going over for the win.
Ronnie goes straight over to the crowd and starts flexing and kissing his Sharks logo on his jersey for the crowd. That boy is a Sharky through and through!

Generalzod

Immortal
There a few people at odds at our crowd figures last night..have a look at the crowds topic on the NRL forum

SharkShocked

Bench
Dare I say it may have been a somewhat fabricated sell out?

At the game there was a LOT of empty seats in different areas....

SharkShocked

Bench
Members with paid up seats that didn't show.

400+ of them? Was a LOT of empty seats for a sell out.

Better story for the place if its a sell out after 2 years not at home.

Dunno, if it was people who had paid and not attended, that's a lot of people not attending after 2 years away, weather fine, time slot fine.

A bit suspicious if you ask me. If not suspicious well then we have a piss poor membership base.

400+ of them? Was a LOT of empty seats for a sell out.

Better story for the place if its a sell out after 2 years not at home.

Dunno, if it was people who had paid and not attended, that's a lot of people not attending after 2 years away, weather fine, time slot fine.

A bit suspicious if you ask me. If not suspicious well then we have a piss poor membership base.
All the ET member seats are sold, and there were a fair few empty.
I'm not sure if the Burns and Porter stands are all sold but if they are there were spares there as well.

shadowboxer

First Grade
400 people easily in the bar lines. 45 minute waits . Insane
Exactly - not sure why the negativity as it was busy. Real busy. Weather had improved but was terrible the night and morning before.
I’ll say after last night, they should have those punters back and more. Great night out

Exactly - not sure why the negativity as it was busy. Real busy. Weather had improved but was terrible the night and morning before.
I’ll say after last night, they should have those punters back and more. Great night out
I have a little negativity about it.
Where our seats are we have always been able to walk to the members bar across the tunnel without any hassle. Now the Nrl Have an exclusion zone around where the players sit, which means we have to go around the ground looking for a beer. This exclusion zone is so strict that some players didn't even sit in in their designated seats, and were around us. Then after the game the players, More especially Toby hahaha, went into the crowd and hugging strangers etc, as did others to a lesser extent.
I got a lift there so I could drink, I had one beer. I now owe a lift to the driver so he can drink.
I wasted a gift card haha.

SharkShocked

Bench

Do not read into it negativity.

If you asked most people whether that felt like a packed house/sell out - id be surprised if most people at the game genuinely felt like it was sold out, can probably put that down to limited capacity too.

Had a great time, great to be back - but there was definitely a lot of spare seats in a lot of areas. Whether this was just members not turning up or a bit of dodgying the numbers, I don't know, just going on the visual.

Wouldn't be like NRL teams to ever over inflate crowds.

Hopefully there are a lot more sell outs to come, we could always use it.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Do not read into it negativity.

If you asked most people whether that felt like a packed house/sell out - id be surprised if most people at the game genuinely felt like it was sold out, can probably put that down to limited capacity too.

Had a great time, great to be back - but there was definitely a lot of spare seats in a lot of areas. Whether this was just members not turning up or a bit of dodgying the numbers, I don't know, just going on the visual.

Wouldn't be like NRL teams to ever over inflate crowds.

Hopefully there are a lot more sell outs to come, we could always use it.
Don’t misconstrue my comments - it’s a fine balance between the numbers, okay not like South’s reported crowd numbers pre kick out of the comp - but ticket sold and a no show - still a attendee.
Still a crappy time as well with covid still lingering but strongly urge all to get out to the game down at the swamp of mud - a cathartic experience

chewsta

First Grade
Then after the game the players, More especially Toby hahaha, went into the crowd and hugging strangers etc, as did others to a lesser extent.

There is a video of that in one of the Facebook Sharks pages. It's pretty funny. People swarmed the big unit and he loved it!

Edit: it's on the Bloke In a Bar instagram as well.

Last edited:

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Email from Dino apologising for the mess. He failed to point out that GA tickets were sold by Ticketek with bay and seat allocation which is why the hill was so full.

Anyway supposed to be fixed for next time. We shall see.

Also if that was 11500, and we really only had limited standing spots removed I have no idea how we ever get 16K in there again.

Latest posts