What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Different year, different team, same dogshit

stryker

First Grade
In the vain of this thread, I.e. different people, delivering the same shit as their predecessors, the underdevelopment of our goal line defence, kicking game and general game management still frustrates.
It doesn’t matter who is at this club training which players, these three areas never improve.
It’s like we actively seek out players with these weaknesses in their games.

Tiger05

First Grade
In the vain of this thread, I.e. different people, delivering the same shit as their predecessors, the underdevelopment of our goal line defence, kicking game and general game management still frustrates.
It doesn’t matter who is at this club training which players, these three areas never improve.
It’s like we actively seek out players with these weaknesses in their games.

Maybe it's more to do with the game of rugby league rather than recruiting people who don't have those skill-sets.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Your signings were pretty poor.

Tamou, Joey Leilua, Ofahangohaue and Roberts.

Actually out of the 2019 squad of 26 which played first grade, you only have 10 left including Mbye and Packer who look like they're on the way out.

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors

Actually out of the 2019 squad of 26 which played first grade, you only have 10 left including Mbye and Packer who look like they're on the way out.

It looks like we get good value out of our younger signings tbh

the old pensioner cheque signings never work for us

Laurie and Stefano have been a breath of fresh air in a disappointing season thus far. But that’s about it

Perth Tiger

Bench

I don't know how you can classify Roberts as a bad signing, he is on a 1 year deal on minimum wage. Sure he might not work out but we have lost nothing with rolling the dice with him.

BJ was a gamble which didn't work out but clubs in our state have to gamble sometime.

Way to early to tell with the others. But once again, if we don't get those two we are running around with another two rookies in the middle which wouldn't end well.

Tigerm

First Grade

There's a bucket load of new players, still gelling, I think you are a bit harsh after 4 games.

The senior signed player we signed this year are quality, but still coming together imo.

Do agree with Joey L, can't see him here next year.

The best clubs at the moment have been together for a while, we need to get to that space.

Tiger05

First Grade
I think our signings have been really good. Canterbury have probably been better but mainly because to me Burton looks like a quality half and there are so few of them in the game. In stating that he is still unproven.

BJ hasn't been a good signing but can you blame the club. Tamou shouldn't be captain because he is lucky to be in the top team. I still wouldn't call Tamou a dud signing though because he is okay and he isn't too expensive. Joe O to me has been pretty good. He is better than what I thought he would be. Roberts looks really likely and he is on a pittance. He comes across to me as a good signing.

Stef U and Tuki Simpkins look real good.

Last edited:
Tamou shouldn't be captain because he is lucky to be in the top team. I still wouldn't call Tamou a dud signing though because he is okay and he isn't too expensive.
So...he's lucky to be in the team - he's not a dud signing - he's okay though,

But post #265 in the Newcastle game thread, he is
clearly a stop gap measure. He hasn't been bad and he won't be a bad signing but I also can't seeing him being a great signing. He is basically just mediocre

WOW, your new Josh Reynolds.

Tiger05

First Grade
So...he's lucky to be in the team - he's not a dud signing - he's okay though,

But post #265 in the Newcastle game thread, he is
clearly a stop gap measure. He hasn't been bad and he won't be a bad signing but I also can't seeing him being a great signing. He is basically just mediocre

WOW, your new Josh Reynolds.

Wow - you are a real little bitch. How funny are you.

No Josh Reynolds was shit. Just a shit player that we paid a fortune too.

Tamou is an average mediocre player at this time that isn't on top dollar. He can do his job. It's just that we have a bunch of good middle forwards and it's not clear that he even deserves his spot in the team based on his performances. He definitely shouldn't be captain.

Tamou is mediocre. I hope he improves and gets better but I doubt it.

BrotherJim05

Bench
It's not that Roberts is a poor signing, it's more the merry go round we created and ultimately completely f**ked up.

For example, if we had traded Talau for JAC, promised Momo starting left spot and told Roberts he was next cab off the rank if BJ or Momo goes down, we would be in much, much better shape. BJ would have no doubt been droped for Roberts, then it would effectively be a competition between BJ and Roberts to keep the right centre spot while JAC and Momo built a lethal combination. Even if we didn't get Laurie this year, it would have been much better having our left edge settled and put our full focus into signing a marquee right side centre (e.g Staggs) if both BJ and Roberts couldn't get the job done (and ultimately no harm to our cap as they both come off contract).

We are likely going to finish the season with a very unsettled backline which is concerning.

Tiger05

First Grade
@BrotherJim05 - there are a lot of what alternate reality shit thinking going on there.

JAC didn't sign with us and it had nothing to do with not trading Talau. He could have signed with us for next year. It was just a money grab. Momo was traded for Laurie.

We are much better off with those trades but even though I don't think Momo is a big loss BJ and Talau both haven't been good this year. I get those decisions though. We needed Laurie desperately and we have 3 players who should be able to fill in at centre to a high level in Talau, BJ and Roberts.

We need to give this team some time. They've had a shit hard draw and we have 3 new players in the spine. We aren't a top 4 team either. We were tipped bottom 4.

simmo1

First Grade
Another part of trading Momo for Laurie was to give him some first grade experience this year instead of another year in reserves at Penrith. Obviously we can't predict the future, but with Edwards injured it turns out he would have got plenty of game time at Penrith this season. Its one of those hindsight calls, but I think we would have been better off in the long run just waiting until 2022 for Laurie. In saying that, it looks like Madge never really rated Momo so he would have been gone before long anyway.

We desperately need Roberts to come good, because with Momo & (hopefully) BJ now gone we lack a lot of depth in the centres.

Wow - you are a real little bitch. How funny are you.
How old are you? Someone disagrees with you, you don’t like it and go all immature

Clearly you know nothing about the game and do not see the little things that players do that the coaching staff do, even in a Tigers team. You’ve always carried on about Josh Reynolds, you speak about Josh Aloiai as though he’s the best in the business, it’s so far off the mark.

Tamou a mediocre footballer, proves you know zip.

Tiger05

First Grade
How old are you? Someone disagrees with you, you don’t like it and go all immature

Clearly you know nothing about the game and do not see the little things that players do that the coaching staff do, even in a Tigers team. You’ve always carried on about Josh Reynolds, you speak about Josh Aloiai as though he’s the best in the business, it’s so far off the mark.

Tamou a mediocre footballer, proves you know zip.

You are such a little crying bitch. Hilarious. Have a look at yourself sook.

Pezz70

Juniors
Know what’s really scary, Manly are
Hopeless but have way better shape then the Tigers in attack

BrotherJim05

Bench
@BrotherJim05 - there are a lot of what alternate reality shit thinking going on there.

JAC didn't sign with us and it had nothing to do with not trading Talau. He could have signed with us for next year. It was just a money grab. Momo was traded for Laurie.

We are much better off with those trades but even though I don't think Momo is a big loss BJ and Talau both haven't been good this year. I get those decisions though. We needed Laurie desperately and we have 3 players who should be able to fill in at centre to a high level in Talau, BJ and Roberts.

We need to give this team some time. They've had a shit hard draw and we have 3 new players in the spine. We aren't a top 4 team either. We were tipped bottom 4.

I heard differently. JAC was ready to come over this year, then it all got delayed with the millions of contingencies Tigers put in around fullback position. Even after all this was agreed, it got further delayed because we refused to trade anyone, then even when Storm dropped their pants and said they would take Talau (they originally wanted Nofa) to just get it sorted, Tigers still refused. I don't know why exactly Tigers did this, but it was the final straw. JAC is 3x the player Talau is, and if Tigers couldn't recognize his value he would rather just see out his final year at Melbourne and sign with another club without all the bullshit -- which he did.

It wasn't about money as he would have made more coming to Tigers this year.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Know what’s really scary, Manly are
Hopeless but have way better shape then the Tigers in attack

I agree with you, however we have had to deal with top 4 teams rushing up in our faces in defensively. I'm hoping the ineptitude of the Cowboys will give us an opportunity to shape our attack and start executing combinations (that I assume we have practiced throughout pre-season)

Tiger05

First Grade
I heard differently.

No offense to you personally but I couldn't give a shit about days of our lives stories about contracts.

JAC could have signed for us no problems. He went for the best deal for him. I have no problems with that. We seem to sign other players and even have trade deals work out for us so I don't think the JAC fairy tale adds up at all.

I agree that JAC is a much better player than Talau.

Latest posts