What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Different year, different team, same dogshit

stryker

First Grade
No offense to you personally but I couldn't give a shit about days of our lives stories about contracts.

JAC could have signed for us no problems. He went for the best deal for him. I have no problems with that. We seem to sign other players and even have trade deals work out for us so I don't think the JAC fairy tale adds up at all.

I agree that JAC is a much better player than Talau.
Your interpretation is incorrect.

BrotherJim05

Bench
No offense to you personally but I couldn't give a shit about days of our lives stories about contracts.

JAC could have signed for us no problems. He went for the best deal for him. I have no problems with that. We seem to sign other players and even have trade deals work out for us so I don't think the JAC fairy tale adds up at all.

I agree that JAC is a much better player than Talau.

No offense taken. I completely get the not wanting to get involved in the days of our lives drama around contracts, particularly when we as fans have zero control over it, but as a club we do have a glaring problem with recruitment and retention. The best we can ever seem to hope for is signing a promising up and comer and elevating them into a quality first grader (Luciano, Laurie, Grant, even f**king Catterson).

However we are never able to sign a rep level player to fix a specific issue with our roster. JAC would have been exactly that but it appears we completely dropped the ball.

Appears being the key word --- could all be bullshit but Tigers have a poor track record with this kind of thing

Vic Mackey

Referee
The JAC thing is still so weird. He agreed to come to us and was speaking very positively about us in the media. Then literally overnight it changed, he publicly said he signed nothing (which turned out to be false) and he went and signed with one of the few clubs worse then us on very similar money.

Someone obviously got in his ear, maybe a deal was worked out with his manager or something? I could cop it if he went to Easts or Souths but the Dogs? The whole thing makes no sense

Tiger Ted

Bench
The JAC thing is still so weird. He agreed to come to us and was speaking very positively about us in the media. Then literally overnight it changed, he publicly said he signed nothing (which turned out to be false) and he went and signed with one of the few clubs worse then us on very similar money.

Someone obviously got in his ear, maybe a deal was worked out with his manager or something? I could cop it if he went to Easts or Souths but the Dogs? The whole thing makes no sense
Arthur Laundy could provide huge incentives undetectable by salary cap auditor

Ofahengaue has been a reasonable signing. Tamou hasn't been able to recapture the form of his time at Penrith (I guess it's hard to soar when you're flying with turkeys.)

Roberts hasn't been given enough opportunity to shine yet. I'm done with BJ, he's a f**ken waste of space. Uninterested and a liability.

Ofahengaue has been a reasonable signing. Tamou hasn't been able to recapture the form of his time at Penrith (I guess it's hard to soar when you're flying with turkeys.)

Roberts hasn't been given enough opportunity to shine yet. I'm done with BJ, he's a f**ken waste of space. Uninterested and a liability.

Yes...

Stefano has so much promise it’s unnerving.

BrotherJim05

Bench
We have a very good forward pack building. Maybe an extra 2nd rower is needed but let's see how Blore develops.

However we do need some strike power and a better organising half. With the amount of cap money we will have next year Im hopefully some big signings are on the cards

WA Tiger

Bench
Re JAC No person in their right mind at the top of their game in any field will accept a conditional employment position that will be decided by the subjectivity of a volatile person like Madge when the two options have a salary difference of $100-$150k

I also think the club got cocky as they did with the fab 3...I understand a no for a Nofo swap but the bluff in holding out with the Talau swap offer was called and we lost..again...As well if I was JAC and I was judged by WT “on par” at best with Talau I’d terminate negotiations immediately

Small let downs during negotiations can put up red flags for bigger let downs down the track. A star that tells a club that has near nil attractiveness that they want to join that club would expect some kind of reciprocal reaction in return and be made to feel like he’s a star. If not he can easily find respect and adoration elsewhere

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
I think 05 that -your disbelief that WT declined the offer of a Talau/JAC swap stems from your disbelief that WT could be that dumb...Like I said to M, ditch the flag waving and Think again

stryker

First Grade
I think 05 that -your disbelief that WT declined the offer of a Talau/JAC swap stems from your disbelief that WT could be that dumb...Like I said to M, ditch the flag waving and Think again
Yep and this is all on Pascoe. I hope he isn’t a gambler because his poker face sucks balls.

Tiger05

First Grade

It's like days of our lives. There are no verifiable facts. I go with the most likely outcome.

We've made some great signings recently as well. The idea that we are completely incompetent doesn't ring true to me.

stryker

First Grade

My take is that he was already wary of signing here due to his history here but still wanted to due to his history as a fan.
As soon as management began trying to big dog it, he said f**k the the tigers and their drama and he bailed.
Unbelievably he has signed with this years likely wooden spooners over us. That speaks volumes about our approach. f**ken amatures....

Tiger05

First Grade
Who are these great signings?

Daine Laurie, Luciana Leilula, Stef U, Adam Douiehi and hopefully Sean Blore. Musgrove, Joe O and Roberts are both looking pretty good but will take a bit longer to state if they are quality signings.

Tiger05

First Grade
My take is that he was already wary of signing here due to his history here but still wanted to due to his history as a fan.
As soon as management began trying to big dog it, he said f**k the the tigers and their drama and he bailed.
Unbelievably he has signed with this years likely wooden spooners over us. That speaks volumes about our approach. f**ken amatures....

That says more about your abilities to mind read than it does about what happened in reality. They must be feeding you something in the water up there.

Last edited:

stryker

First Grade
Daine Laurie, Luciana Leilula, Stef U, Adam Douiehi and hopefully Sean Blore. Musgrove, Joe O and Roberts are both looking pretty good but will take a bit longer to state if they are quality signings.
Daine is a good signing. LL has his moments. Stef U seems handy. Doueihi may evolve. Blore, Musgrove, Joe and Roberts too early to call.
There is some promise to our signings. I wouldn’t call them great with Laurie the possible exception.
I won’t be taking your opinion on these guys though...you have form for over exaggerating.

WA Tiger

Bench
It's like days of our lives. There are no verifiable facts. I go with the most likely outcome.

We've made some great signings recently as well. The idea that we are completely incompetent doesn't ring true to me.
There are never any verifiable facts. A media story may be false but most times it’s more reliable than no story and it’s all we’ve got ...We aren’t going to get stat decs on every piece of news, so we can all only go on what we read and hear and The Talau swap was in black and white…

And with no detailed explanation of the process that went down to lose JAC on the WT website one can only assume the worst. I thought from what I read of Madges thoughts at the time that he didnt care too much

A lot of the time with WT we have no choice but to read between the lines

Last edited: