What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ding dong the witch is dead !!

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Poor Pat nothing . To me EGS standing down to let his meal ticket get another ride is a great result as now the true colours are there for all to see . I won't be expecting any " you were right Etus " so I'll just have to settle for knowing I was .

Now to get his boof head son to cut ties so we are no longer represented officially by a knob who makes a living putting critical Eels fans down via his phone . Such a fine example his sets to the juniors he supposedly is responsible for . Hey kids if someone says they think you're dong a poor job call them half wits and losers on your Twitter .

If EGS didn't have the time because he was doing a documentary :lol: then why did he waste club resources in running in the first place ?

The real question here is what's gone on behind the scenes for Roy to have so much pull over these clowns? $$$$$$
:lol: I knew you would bite Patsy, and i happen to agree with you. I am sick of the bullshit, our club continues to be dragged through the mud and made to look dysfunctional. No wonder we are struggling to sign people.

Stagger eel

Staff member
They were appointments made on the death of some club legends that went on to contest election, all winning except one. This is an Election where the results are noting being shown in the board that represents the people.

Actually, for all the 1997 - 2008's board failings, being petty was not one of them.

Or wasn't only because of death mark, many of former directors just chose to step aside for various reasons.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
so are more motivated than others

More capable at least.

i don't know roy and i don't know all the inner goings on .... but tbh it doesn't come across very well

I don't know him either and I agree he seems like a slimebag. But how someone comes across publicly and how he actually is are usually two different things.

I reckon Roy is just a tall poppy. We hate those merkins in Australia unless they're good looking. Then we worship them instead.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
My guess is that while Spags and other might see a great future coming, and indeed I do as well. I would say that some are paying for past bad decisions, like certain coaching and CEO appointments, or an apparent witch hunt after they came to power.

Why should people be judged on past bad decisions when they have rectified them with more recent good decisions? Everyone makes mistakes.

As for an 'apparent' witch hunt, who's to say it wasn't necessary? It would be a shame if a significant part of our voting membership consisted of disgruntled former useless employees of the club, plus their family and friends. There's no conflict of interest there, right?

The sooner this club is privatised the better.

Bigfella

Coach
I haven't hear anything from any of the new people or their supporters that sounds like anything other than fitzy v 3p

It's so f**king depressing.

I don't see how things will ever improve while this shit is still going on.

Just a bunch of f**kwits fighting over whose snout gets in the trough

jimmy77au

Juniors
It's a long bow to draw saying it's Hadley's fault. A lot of people think he's all hot air including me. IMO there were many factors including some good candidates with good credentials putting their hand up and the fact that the previous board unfairly banned a dedicated member of our club.

Too say he had no influence is a little naive dont you think? A lot of his older listeners, who may not necessarily know the ins & outs of the political side of things would have voted the way he said to - my Grand mother included....those that dont go & read internet forums, or the internet in general. They would have heard one side - Hadleys side - and voted that way.

I'm not pointing the finger, or attacking what your saying (not meaning too anyway) - I just think he had an extremely strong influence....whether he's full of Hot air or not.

Etu Uaisele

Juniors
Too say he had no influence is a little naive dont you think? A lot of his older listeners, who may not necessarily know the ins & outs of the political side of things would have voted the way he said to - my Grand mother included....those that dont go & read internet forums, or the internet in general. They would have heard one side - Hadleys side - and voted that way.

I'm not pointing the finger, or attacking what your saying (not meaning too anyway) - I just think he had an extremely strong influence....whether he's full of Hot air or not.

How many old people who are naive enough to vote on the advise of Hadley because they dont know much about the goings on at the club would have actually trotted on down and voted ?

After you've answered that then ask yourself how many votes behind the pack did Roy finish ?

Now how " extremely strong " was Hadleys influence on the voting ?

84 Baby

Referee
How many old people who are naive enough to vote on the advise of Hadley because they dont know much about the goings on at the club would have actually trotted on down and voted ?

After you've answered that then ask yourself how many votes behind the pack did Roy finish ?

Now how " extremely strong " was Hadleys influence on the voting ?
Shows time and time again, the elderly either vote in large numbers or barely at all. And I agree with Jimmy, the elderly are more inclined to listen and be influenced by Hadley

Etu Uaisele

Juniors
Shows time and time again, the elderly either vote in large numbers or barely at all. And I agree with Jimmy, the elderly are more inclined to listen and be influenced by Hadley

And the young would be more inclined to vote for EGJs twitter recommendations . Lets sue EGJ.

born an eel

Bench

I think you are underestimating a lot of our older members, who in a lot of instances have been STH longer than others have been alive.

I sit in a bay that has a lot of "seasoned" members and you notice games played at ANZ a lot of these members never turn up. I would guess the promise of playing more games at "home" would be a higher priority to these members than what Hadley says.

You would also probably find a lot of them also have respect for what DF did for the club many moons ago and are not concerned with the way 3P like to discredit him.

Tony Bongo

Bench

I didn't say he had NO influence. I just dont think he was a defining factor like the potential sale of Vikings and other things I mentioned. Hadley was ranting negatives against Spagnolo at the previous election but he still won in landslide. I think you have to look at other factors to determine why voters changed their minds this time because evidence proves Hadley had very little effect on the outcome last time.

Etu Uaisele

Juniors
I think you are underestimating a lot of our older members, who in a lot of instances have been STH longer than others have been alive.

I sit in a bay that has a lot of "seasoned" members and you notice games played at ANZ a lot of these members never turn up. I would guess the promise of playing more games at "home" would be a higher priority to these members than what Hadley says.

You would also probably find a lot of them also have respect for what DF did for the club many moons ago and are not concerned with the way 3P like to discredit him.

I'm not underestimating anyone . My point is that the ones you speak of would be a bit more interested in what's going on at the club than to just wander down there to vote armed up with nothing more than just to do whatever Hadley said to do .

As I said to old matey , lets say there was a portion of bored old fogeys who like to feel important who actually did just go to vote for the sake of it and voted as Raaaaay said because they didn't know any better , how many would there have been ? How many behind was Roy again ?

Or could the real reason Roy lacked in votes be because he had no Pricey or Bert this time ? imagine if he didn't have EGJs twitter morons behind him .

jimmy77au

Juniors

That may be the case - but remember these were elections for the Leagues club - which is the centre of the social network for a lot of oldies - who may not particularly care for the NRL club...

You right re DF - my Nan still sprouts on about what a lovely man he was, that he did a great job, that he was a lovely kid (grew up around the corner from my old man)......

jimmy77au

Juniors
I'm not underestimating anyone . My point is that the ones you speak of would be a bit more interested in what's going on at the club than to just wander down there to vote armed up with nothing more than just to do whatever Hadley said to do .

As I said to old matey , lets say there was a portion of bored old fogeys who like to feel important who actually did just go to vote for the sake of it and voted as Raaaaay said because they didn't know any better , how many would there have been ? How many behind was Roy again ?

Or could the real reason Roy lacked in votes be because he had no Pricey or Bert this time ? imagine if he didn't have EGJs twitter morons behind him .

Wasn't Ray in Parra firsts Corner? Wasn't Ray AGAINST Spagnolo? So I'd suggest that his influence assisted the votes TOWARDS Parra First - not against as your point seems to be suggesting (unless I have read both your posts wrong...)

Im pretty Certain Roy had Pricey in his corner on the day, handing out flyers - he bailed me & my kids up on the way in....

im not here to argue about it to be honest - just raised the point that I believe Ray would have influenced a lot of Leagues club members who may not have as much knowledge as so many here in the forums have about how the club is run....

Latest posts