What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dinner Ale better half than Nico.

sladden road

Juniors
We dont lose that with the Ale at 6.

Team balance is better with Ale and Roadside.

nico is our Ponga.

Nico to 1 or Dargons.

(Is there a special on Schick 3s)?

dinghydi

Juniors
Declared Idiots !!???? NOOO ! Thats US! We are the loyal fans following them , parting with hard earned so they can pursue their dreams ! Ha! Only joking , they are young blokes , doing what I never could . LOL! As long as they don't be TOO idiotic I'll still support them .

bluefox68

Staff member
Geez it's hard to keep up with all of these nicknames you mob give the team, just call them Declared Idiots 1 - 18 please
1. Bubba
2. Big Sexy
3. Noodles
4. Iro???
5. Ronnie
6. Roadside / Tricky
7. Nicho
8. Toby
9. Tinkerbell (formerly known as B2)
10. Herb
11. Nikora???
12. Teig???
13. McInnes???

14. Williams???
15. Lurch
16. TPP (The Pied Piper (of Hamlin))
17. Talakai / Hunt (should be nicknamed ‘Beast Mode’)

18. DA - Dinner Ale

Quigs

Immortal
Need a spreadsheet for that.

If only we had some idiots capable or intelligent enough to create a decent one.

Craigshark

First Grade
Atkinson might only be 6 games in or whatever, but I honestly think he has a little bit of Munster about him. Good step, good defence, off the cuff style play. Everyone says he didn’t have a passing game, but I reckon that’s cause his game has been made simple and been told to run first.

Trindall and Kennedy are shit. For every good play they have, they have 10 bad ones. That tackle on the hammer is one of the easier ones to make in footy with all the momentum up against the sideline, side on. He should be practicing those all week and be able to nail it. Instead he gets brushed off like he’s not even there. I also noticed a lot of their offloads came (such as their first try) when he was up in the line defending and just not wrapping the ball up.

Atkinson might only be 6 games in or whatever, but I honestly think he has a little bit of Munster about him. Good step, good defence, off the cuff style play. Everyone says he didn’t have a passing game, but I reckon that’s cause his game has been made simple and been told to run first.

Trindall and Kennedy are shit. For every good play they have, they have 10 bad ones. That tackle on the hammer is one of the easier ones to make in footy with all the momentum up against the sideline, side on. He should be practicing those all week and be able to nail it. Instead he gets brushed off like he’s not even there. I also noticed a lot of their offloads came (such as their first try) when he was up in the line defending and just not wrapping the ball up.
I would certainly like to see Ison given a run over Kennedy.
Keep hearing he is only 18.
That's how old Katoa was for Dolphins last year.
We have habit of not wanting to play 18 or 19 years olds.
Roosters seem to try it, Panthers as well even Dolphins.

sladden road

Juniors
Obviously there is a bit of tongue in check here but, I truely think that Nico is still a fullback moving to a halfback.

I like Ales apparent composure.

Im an alternate universe it’s Nico at 1 Ale at 6 Roadside at 7.

I would like to see that for a season. I said somewhere that Nicho is our Ponga.

Obviously there is a bit of tongue in check here but, I truely think that Nico is still a fullback moving to a halfback.

I like Ales apparent composure.

Im an alternate universe it’s Nico at 1 Ale at 6 Roadside at 7.

I would like to see that for a season. I said somewhere that Nicho is our Ponga.
My concern with Nicho at fullback.
He already looks like he is getting slower.
Will he make the metres running back

Reactions: PJ
Just maybe Nicho is not a half back.
Maybe he is a 5/8, and needs a halfback that can do a job, which allows him to create opportunities.
Dinner I think is great backup.
Roadside is too flighty for half.
I would look outside for 2025 Ilias would be perfect, and we then have Riley Pollard coming through.
We need a genuine halfback, because more I watch Nicho more he is not suited

DJDL

First Grade
That brings into play an obvious question as you don't just lose speed overnight or in a few months. How bad is this baby cow injury he has?

Not only that, but I noticed his right ankle was strapped in the sheds after Origin.
I reckon you're right that he's carrying a bit we don't know about.

Eion

First Grade

Unfair to call Kennedy shit.
I think what is fair is to ask if he’s good enough to be a key part of a premiership winning team. Bubba is probably one of the top 3 fullbacks in bomb reception. That’s it imo. Everything else in attack and defence he is, at best, good or OK.
Nicho has been a bit shit recently, but we’ve seen what he can do, albeit mostly against the lesser teams. BB needs to lift his game but is doing it this year. Tricky is still newish, but if Nicho lifts as he should, then we can cover that.
AFB coming gives us star power in the forwards and I think we have enough in the centres and wing.
But it’s fullback that I just can’t see bubba elevating to the level we need to win a comp.
As always with this, hope I’m wrong and bubba goes lights out and we win the whole thing.

Craigshark

First Grade
Unfair to call Kennedy shit.
I think what is fair is to ask if he’s good enough to be a key part of a premiership winning team. Bubba is probably one of the top 3 fullbacks in bomb reception. That’s it imo. Everything else in attack and defence he is, at best, good or OK.
Nicho has been a bit shit recently, but we’ve seen what he can do, albeit mostly against the lesser teams. BB needs to lift his game but is doing it this year. Tricky is still newish, but if Nicho lifts as he should, then we can cover that.
AFB coming gives us star power in the forwards and I think we have enough in the centres and wing.
But it’s fullback that I just can’t see bubba elevating to the level we need to win a comp.
As always with this, hope I’m wrong and bubba goes lights out and we win the whole thing.

would love him to prove me wrong.. you’re right, he isn’t shit, he is extremely safe. He just doesn’t offer much else and cannot tackle. He hasn’t improved on the parts of his game he has always struggled at.

Latest posts