What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dinner Ale.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Kids a throw back to the 80’s. Speaks like a bogan, has a mullet and plays the crap out of the game.
Well done Dinner Ale.

makes Tricky weally have to work hard to get back in the team…
Wow.
Great depth.
Was it Reschs that made Dinner Ale?

Backup nickname if it was. LOL

Quigs

Immortal
Back in me drinking days in the Shire we had the mantra that Reschs was made by draining the urinals of leper colonies

Frenzy.

Immortal
Back in me drinking days in the Shire we had the mantra that Reschs was made by draining the urinals of leper colonies
Well........................................ it may well have been.

I was introduced to beer through some of the worst beers in history TBH. Back as a whipper snapper when the extended family got together in Erskineville at Nana Peg's for Euchre and Poker night. Was never allowed to play no matter how much I wanted. Was allowed to have a little drinkee though, probably to shut me up.

I recall how all the old boys would drink D.A., Silver bullets or KB. OMG everyone of them was leper's piss.

Who remembers this packaging before Pilsener became Silver Bullets?
1715477103949.png

Also, he and Nicho are destroying that other myth...
The one where all the eggspurts say that players are never the same when they leave the Storms.
Well maybe when they go to other teams except the Sharks
I think the problem is a lot of them have left for the coin at low ranked Clubs.

Fitzy definitely has got players playing to a specific game plan and system and developed a strong core of players that have perfected their role in the team. The more the players in your team are doing their role at a high level it makes it so much easier for the new guy to come in and be confident in just getting his job done.

Quigs

Immortal
My old Pop was a long suffering one eyed Newtown Supporter - lived in Sydneyham. He loved it when Mum and I visited him as he was the father of five daughters.

Even when I was naught but a snotty nosed brat (around 5 or 6) he'd take me out back and sit at the table and yack mainly about footy. He'd crack a long neck, I think it might of been DA, but I loved it. I got to drink the white frothy bit off Old Pops glass.

I remember him going off about bloody Facer and Stain George stealing Raper off the Bluebags. He hated them. Back in those days players had to live in their clubs area only.

I actually did a painting of pop and I about 8 years ago. (found it) I just checked it again. The bottle is DA right infront of his Bluebags Shield.. Ive got the red soft drink.

11-listening-to-pop-1.jpg

Griffoshark66

First Grade
Being in Qld the first beers I look for when I enter the pub are Reschs and Tooheys Old on tap. People stare at me in disgust as they swill their Great Northern beer flavoured water.

Frenzy.

Immortal
My old Pop was a long suffering one eyed Newtown Supporter - lived in Sydneyham. He loved it when Mum and I visited him as he was the father of five daughters.

Even when I was naught but a snotty nosed brat (around 5 or 6) he'd take me out back and sit at the table and yack mainly about footy. He'd crack a long neck, I think it might of been DA, but I loved it. I got to drink the white frothy bit off Old Pops glass.

I remember him going off about bloody Facer and Stain George stealing Raper off the Bluebags. He hated them. Back in those days players had to live in their clubs area only.

I actually did a painting of pop and I about 8 years ago. (found it) I just checked it again. The bottle is DA right infront of his Bluebags Shield.. Ive got the red soft drink.

Geez Quigs

You're VERY Chad like. Is that how you perceived yourself.

Pop has a bit of the Brent Reads about him

Nice painting BTW Picasso

shadowboxer

First Grade
Still don’t mind a Reschs… anyone with a problem with the silver bullet obviously never drank Brewers.
XXXX on tap but not from the can, similar to Swan Draught in WA. One of life’s simple pleasures is having a Swan Draught at the OBH in Cottesloe overlooking the Indian Ocean - wipes tear from eye.
And yeah, Great Northern is the pits

sladden road

Juniors

That’s bloody epic.!!!

sladden road

Juniors
Aw shit, the first beer that ever passed my lips was a resches. ‘‘Twas the old man’s drink of choice.

became a Carlton drought fella at the age of 16 at the Engadine pub. I had one the other night at the Brunswick, was still good.
Got a hankering for the old Powers Bitter atm.
As for Great Nothern, since divorce I’ve drunk enough to have f**king shares in the joint. Mainly super crisp, I’m still a common Engadine kid at heart.

Quigs

Immortal
I’m still a common Engadine kid at heart.
Did you pinch the pub sign in book that us people that lived so close to the city had to sign if we wanted to purchase a beer and entered the dwelling as travellers on Sundays.
I was at Gymea mind you.

Latest posts