What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dinner Ale.

But was considered Crown-esk in West Australia - go figure
When I lived in WAWA Land in the early 90's I only drank E.B
Emu Bitter.
For the same reasons as to why I drank M.B and C.D when I was a kid
They weren't V.B
And yet at our last home game I had the choice of G.N or V.B, I chose the latter
But only for two, I then changed to B.U.G.B
it did the job.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Where do they sell VB at the ground? Only GN was available recently, unless you went in a Time Machine back to the east hill days.
They are both terrible - but VB wins on pure nostalgia alone

The only thing I'll say that is wrong with this article is that todays game is at Woolooware, not Leichardt.

‘In his saggy undies, ready to flatten me’: The making of Cronulla’s halves saviour​

Daniel Atkinson steps into Cronulla’s halves on Friday in a bid to halt their mid-season slide, child’s play compared to a midnight tangle with retired Sharks skipper Dale Finucane in a saggy pair of underpants.
Atkinson, who boasts three World Cup appearances for Italy, replaces Nicho Hynes at the scrumbase against the Tigers at Leichhardt Oval.

The 23-year-old utility will play his 12th NRL game alongside Brayden Trindall after Hynes went down at training on Monday. Scans confirmed a fractured tibia, syndesmosis rupture and two-month recovery.
Atkinson and Hynes were travelling roommates for away games earlier in the year, and good mates from their time together at Melbourne.

Atkinson and Finucane’s friendship has also endured. That’s despite the former’s night terror during a pre-season camp at Lennox Head when they shared a cabin.
“It’s Dale’s fault that yarn, him and his awful little triangle undies,” Atkinson laughed in an interview prior to Hynes’ devastating injury.

“We were in these little school camp cabins, getting into our little single beds and Dale’s in his undies. They’ve lost the elastic. They’re terrible to look at.
“It’s a genuinely disturbing sight. And that’s what’s in my head before I go to bed, so I blame him. I’ve been known to sleepwalk and sleep talk, but I’ve never had a night terror.

“I can remember the dream, he was reversing a truck and I’m yelling at him to stop so he doesn’t run me over.
“I’m actually standing on the bedside table though, screaming. Dale woke up screaming at me as well. He turns the light on, he’s standing there in his saggy undies, and he’s ready to flatten me.

“He was strapping his bicep pads on, he was ready to run through me.”
Now on the other side of the late-night dramas, coach Craig Fitzgibbon is backing Atkinson to hold up Cronulla’s attack alongside Trindall while Hynes is sidelined.

The Sharks have lost five of their last six games to slip to fourth place on the ladder. Despite that, Fitzgibbon was talking up Atkinson’s strengths rather than dwelling on Hynes’ injury on Thursday.
“We’re really confident in what he can do,” Fitzgibbon said, pointing to his combination with Trindall in Cronulla’s most recent win, a 22-12 win over Brisbane last month.
“Atko’s a natural right-sided player so he slots straight in there with a good right-foot kick on that side of the field and he’s a terrific defender.
“They complement each other well.”

Atkinson arrived at Cronulla on a development deal after his 2022 World Cup and has played nine games this year mostly while Trindall was out after being charged for drink-driving and drug offences.
“I’ve got a really clear picture of what I need to do if I’m coming into the halves, I don’t have to be Nicho or Tricky [Trindall],” Atkinson said.

‘In his saggy undies, ready to flatten me’: The making of Cronulla’s halves saviour

Latest posts