What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dino-sore why?

Da Doctor

Juniors
Hi,

I have not posted very much on the forum, but I read it quite a bit.

I understand we all have an opinion, and I do not want to seem like a troll...BUT...

Dino, what is your go mate? Negativity seems to be at the heart of all of your comments?

You may truly believe it is realism, but to me, some (not all) of your comments are either intentionally antogonistic or you are just a pessimist beyond belief.

For instance, you current ranting about our Dragons having no attack may in essence look to be true if you look at our scores in isolation. When compared to the opposition of the day, 6 of 8 times this year we scored more points.

I for one would like to see our team score more points...in Brown's day we scored plenty and won zero titles. With Bennett, our attack was similar to this year and we won 2 Minor Prems and a Premiership.

I guess what I am trying to say is, we are winning, rejoice and enjoy it!

dino2170

Juniors
well im rejoicing we are winning but we are doing it on the back of defence, defence and more defence. we havent got any long range scorers or any flare, except the one with farrel and he should of executed it better. we are scoring 10 to 15 per match. do you guys think this is good enough for the road ahead? i remember in 2010 where we were in a similiar mood and bennett said that he wanted a defence team as he thought we couldn't attack and we had his love child playing for us.

in addition we had a similiar winning sequence in 2010 and then we got absolutely smashed. granted we found our mojo and creamed a few teams from that point on but we never smashed teams. we won the competition that year but we were labelled with most boring team in the comp at differant stages.

in 2011 everything went down hill until present. ARE WE FOLLOWING THE SAME FORMULA. and remember everybody was baying for marys early expulsion up until the third or fourth game.

KiamaSaint

Coach
Actually we were sure things in 2011 before Origin, the bookies closed the books on the MP a long way out. If we had overcome Brisbane in golden point we may well had gone back to back. We did go down hill but it wasn't until 2012.

ellskimore

Juniors
Can this be the dump thread for Dino's thoughts? I like the idea of all of Dino's posts being easily assorted in here.

bmwpower

Juniors
I don't mind dino trolling you guys he is actually funny haha. He is like trolling but sort of trolling in a way he doesn't mean it :)

The Cobra

Juniors
Yes Dino, we do lack aspeedster who can go coast to coast but we are beating teams who have such players.OOur defence is nullifying these players.

Hutty1986

Immortal
well im rejoicing we are winning but we are doing it on the back of defence, defence and more defence. we havent got any long range scorers or any flare, except the one with farrel and he should of executed it better. we are scoring 10 to 15 per match. do you guys think this is good enough for the road ahead? i remember in 2010 where we were in a similiar mood and bennett said that he wanted a defence team as he thought we couldn't attack and we had his love child playing for us.

in addition we had a similiar winning sequence in 2010 and then we got absolutely smashed. granted we found our mojo and creamed a few teams from that point on but we never smashed teams. we won the competition that year but we were labelled with most boring team in the comp at differant stages.

in 2011 everything went down hill until present. ARE WE FOLLOWING THE SAME FORMULA. and remember everybody was baying for marys early expulsion up until the third or fourth game.

We're not lost at f*cking sea champ, we don't need any 'flare.'

Some flair might be handy, but 6-2 with our attack still a long way from clicking is a huge effort. And I'd take our underrated 2010 attack over the inconsistent 2005 flashy sh*t any day. Results speak for themselves.

Da Doctor

Juniors
I 100% agree with this...

We're not lost at f*cking sea champ, we don't need any 'flare.'

Some flair might be handy, but 6-2 with our attack still a long way from clicking is a huge effort. And I'd take our underrated 2010 attack over the inconsistent 2005 flashy sh*t any day. Results speak for themselves.

At the end of the day, if we can continue to restrict the opposition, we need to score less points to win and attack is not a problem. If our defence begins to waiver, than pressure will be heaped on our attack.

The basis of our game is to have more points at the end of 80 minutes than the opposition, 1 or 100 more gives you the same result.

I am aware that for and against does have an impact, but if you win many fed throughout the year, it is less of an issue and usually takes care of itself.

jenninga

First Grade

You must have had such an intense orgasm when Price said he wanted to work on our attack when he took over Bennett .In doing that our defence turn to jelly and we were the laughing stock of the NRL,which I'm sure gave you so much joy so you could unload on the club.
We have got our defensive structure back and are winning games through hard tough work from our boys,at the same time putting pride back into the red v jumper

Last edited:

Slippery Morris

First Grade
In 2011 Saints were on fire until Origin hit. Having a bulk of your side play an intense series like Origin can take it out of you and a late Lockyer field goal was probably the only thing that stopped us from winning it back to back. They would have beaten Manly or Warriors.

Dragons attack will come good. Widdop and Benji are just starting to get the combination going. They have much more flare than Hornby and Soward that is for sure.

Nabuli is a speedster but hey how many times have you seen a forward run down a back these days.

One thing to note is that Roosters have the best attack in the comp and did you see how they scored their tries against the Dragons? From errors. Goes to show how good saints defend.

Roo_Ted

Juniors
i remember in 2010 where we were in a similiar mood and bennett said that he wanted a defence team as he thought we couldn't attack and we had his love child playing for us.

in addition we had a similiar winning sequence in 2010 and then we got absolutely smashed.
I agree 100%. 2010 was a terrible year :crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I don't mind dino trolling you guys he is actually funny haha. He is like trolling but sort of trolling in a way he doesn't mean it :)
That's the spirit bmw.

I'm sure Dino doesn't mean to upset anyone in particular. And I'm not aware of any personal attacks against other members in his posts... but he cops heaps.

dino2170

Juniors
i havnt got a beef about anyone on this forum but it really irks me and it should to the reader that we are emulating 2010 success in 2015 to start a new cycle that may make us unatractive to gun players (such as happened in 2013)

Latest posts