What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discribe YOUR Grand Final Day

GongPanther

Referee
The night before,stack the fridge full of pi$$

9 a.m. Cooking a big English breakfast and pre-pare for the days various snacking such as Kettle fried chips,dips,etc.

10 a.m. Start the drinking with Channel Nine's The Sunday Roast (or do the racing pre-view on Sky-Racing Channel).

11 a.m. The Sunday Footy Show.

12 Noon N.S.W. Cup: Vulcans V Dogs.

2 p.m. Under 20's Cup: Warriors V Cowboys.

4 p.m. Tune in to radio ABC up till kick-off.(or better still listen to ABC all day with the volume of the T.V. down...by this time you'll be sick of the ads by then) And a bit of dinner (if I can fit it in):lol:

5 p.m. *Warriors V Manly 2011 Grand Final*

7 p.m. Grand Final Replay on FoxSports 2.

9 p.m. Under 20's Grand Final Replay FoxSports 2.

(Between 9 p.m. and 2 a.m. Fall asleep.)

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
but.. in response to the OP..

my GF day this year will look like:

7am wake up (mini muzby normally wakes me up at 6am, but thanks to daylight savings, i get a "sleep in".. ahh.. it's the little victories..)

8am breakfast

9am mope for 2 hours because "it should have been us again this year"

11am go for a walk

12pm lunch

3pm get dressed for a wedding

4pm attend wedding

5pm catch the first half of the game on a sneaky tv

6pm start reception for wedding

6.40pm sneak away to find out score

6.42pm continue wedding until

10pm catch replay on foxtel in my hotel

no name

Coach
3pm get dressed for a wedding

4pm attend wedding

5pm catch the first half of the game on a sneaky tv

6pm start reception for wedding

6.40pm sneak away to find out score

6.42pm continue wedding until

10pm catch replay on foxtel in my hotel

Who the f**k gets married on GF day?

Nice Beaver

First Grade

9 a.m. Cooking a big English breakfast and pre-pare for the days various snacking such as Kettle fried chips,dips,etc.

10 a.m. Start the drinking with Channel Nine's The Sunday Roast (or do the racing pre-view on Sky-Racing Channel).

4 p.m. Tune in to radio ABC up till kick-off.(or better still listen to ABC all day with the volume of the T.V. down...by this time you'll be sick of the ads by then) And a bit of dinner (if I can fit it in):lol:

Christ that sounds like a great day!

I have my kids for the first half of the day then heading down the Gold Coast (from Brisbane) to watch the game at a pub with some mates and relatives.

The drinking won't start till around 2pm but after the Eagles win (hopefully) the drinking will go into the early hours of Monday morning!!!

Silent Knight

First Grade
SK's Grand Final Day of Barrffy Goodness...

Wake up around midday.

LOL@50uff$.

Barf.

Scratch my a**

Have a shower.

Eat 6 Weetbix with milk.

Drink beer.

Barf.

Brush Teef.

Fart.

Watch NRL preliminary matches.

Drink beer.

Grumble about fumbleball promos during ad break. I'm looking at you Foxtel, you'd be nothing without NRL subscribers in QLD and NSW.

Grab another 6 pack from the fridge ready for the big one.

Cheer as Mr T crashes onto the ANZ Stadium pitch in an M1 Abrams Tank, drives right up to David Gallop and yells out "You're not an NRL CEO..you're pathetic! I catch you talking down the NRL TV rights again, you're gonna meet my friend PAIN!". Laugh as 80 000 spectators yell out "Gallop...GET SOME NUTS ARRRGGGGHHH"

Do a poor imitation of the Haka in front of the TV even though I'm supposed to be a patriotic Aussie.

Boo as Manly run out. God I hate them.

Barf.

Sing the Australian National Anthem with pride and then yell out "Go Warriors!"

Scratch my a**.

Listen to Rabs and Gus b*tch and moan like a pair of old woman over some pink shoes worn by one of the players.

Hear Shane Hayne tell Kieran Foran "Go away...I've had a gutful of you." Watch Kieran Foran blow his smokestack and knock Hayne's head off. Foran sent off for the remainder of the Grand Final. Jamie Buhrer goes to 5/8.

Holler at my mate's missus for more munchies to be brought out. Get cuffed over the head from my mate for being an insolent grub.

Drink beer.

Barf.

My mate's missus walks over to the couch and pours chips all over me. I start eating them.

LOL@50uff$ because they will never see October in my lifetime.

Fart.

Half time break. Rant on about how much I hate Manly. Grab another 6 pack from the fridge.

Try and understand what Fred is trying to tell the commentary box from the sidelines. Something to do with hotdogs and an Arabian a** bandit.

Watch as a streaker runs across the pitch and tackles Tony Archer.

Drink beer very rapidly to drown out the memory of that awful image.

Watch Watmong send Kevin Locke out on a stretcher.

Drink beer.

Watch Feleti Mateo throw Watmong into the stands on his next run.

Drink beer. Call for more chips to get dumped on me.

Watch Shaun Johnson pull off an Andrew Johns-esque last minute play to send Bill Tupou over for the winning grand final try.

Dance around the lounge room like the ape man.

Drink beer.

Watch the whole stadium pull off the biggest Haka you've ever bloody seen. Even the Manly players join in.

LOL@Dunniesman.

Barf.

LOL@50uff$

Have BBQ.

Brush Teef.

Sleep.

big_matt

Juniors
9am - flight from Melbourne to Sydney
5pm - cheer on the warriors at ANZ
9am next day - fly back to Melb

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
Good thread.

I'll be living it up down south in a relaxing house in a relaxing seaside town with 7 other friends.

* Wake up circa 9:00am.
* English breaky circa 10am
* Take part in (and win) traditional "Grand Final Quiz" from both papers with other fellow holidaymakers in the house.
* Watch Roast and Footy Show
* Head to pub, take up comfy big lounge in front of large tv
* drink, possibly stopping to eat lunch at about 2pm
* Bet on lower grade scores with fellow holidaymakers
* have random bets on TAB for last tryscorer etc for 1st grade
* Watch game with by now packed pub, with us having prime possie
* Drink more
* stumble home, or possibly sneak in to south coast music festival (though I think its been cancelled this year)

Great day. Especially when there is a "goodie" to support, unlike 2010, 08, 07, 06, 04.

HowHigh

Coach
Its become a bit of a tradition to have a bbq, lot of drinks and watch the footy at a certain mates house.

Usually kick off at around 9-10am with the drinks

Eels Dude

Coach
Gong Panther's day is pretty much a match up for my grand final day last year and also '08. Depends on my interest in the game though. The previous year since the Eels were playing I watched it at Parra Stadium on the big screen. Not really interested in this year's game too much so will probably just watch only the NRL GF out at a pub for the atmosphere.

thorson1987

Coach

This is pretty much mine, but in between games usually play some touch footy.

And dont listen to the ABC.

Also chuck this two in (obviously replacing mini Muzby with mini Thorson's.

7am wake up (mini muzby normally wakes me up at 6am, but thanks to daylight savings, i get a "sleep in".. ahh.. it's the little victories..)

9am mope for 2 hours because "it should have been us again this year"

Also chuck this two in (obviously replacing mini Muzby with mini Thorson's.

10am is a bit early to start boozing tbh.

man-up.jpg

GongPanther

Referee
10am is a bit early to start boozing tbh.

10 a.m. Is semi-swilling time and not the guzzle in two-swigs beers.

And Re: Silent Knight...thanks for making me cough my dinner through my nose.:lol: I needed a good laugh and that hit the point square on.LOL!!:lol:

Last edited:

broncos2010

Juniors
I am going up to syd on fri should be a great couple days even without seeing my broncos I will still have fun for a couple days and will be going to the races on saturday its a big race day.