What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discribe YOUR Grand Final Day

Bananabender

Juniors
Well I am the boring one who hasn't touched alcohol for years...hate the stuff so while everyone else is drinking I will just throw things like chips at the telly when the ref 's stuff up as they always do. It's more fun abusing the refs anyway!! ...So just in case Manly lose, I'll let you know in advance...it was all the refs fault!

Danish

Referee
8:30am - Wake up

8:45am -
600-awww-yeah-guy.jpg

9:00am - Wake wife up

10:00am - put on freshly borrowed Warriors bandwagon attire

10:30am - Depart for the game, picking up mates on the way

11:30pm - Drop car at office in Newington

12:00pm - Lunch of champions at Ribs & Rumps

2:00pm - stagger to seat to watch U20s

4:30pm - comment condescendingly about Kelly Clarskon's weight and performance

4:50pm - Join in on crowd haka, undoubtedly insulting generations of maori ancestors in the process

5:00pm - BOOOO Manly onto the field

5:40pm - Get up Manly fans at half time

6:10pm - Show tremendously bad sportsmanship as the warriors hit the lead OR start sneakily removing warriors jersey to reveal maroon t shirt underneath

6:30pm till times unknown - Celebrate Warriors/Manly victory

All in all a good day

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Last year we had a BBQ:

9am Breakfast.
10am Sunday Roast
11am Clean the house a bit, organise the seating for boys and girls probably. While cleaning we watched a bit of the NSW Cup.
1pm. Everyone is pretty much over, we start drinking, get into the chips and dips. Once the NSW Cup is over, we light the BBQ For the sausage sizzle.
2pm Watch the Toyota Cup.
4pm Pre Match build up few of us are already drunk by then, so we start arguing who's gonna win the game and who's gonna go well in 2012.
5pm Turn up the volume, set the sound system to "Movie" which means we can barely hear the commentary but hear the crowd noise.
8pm Keep on drinking, cook up a few steaks, or head down to the pub. Leave the girls behind.
1am Get kicked out, head to Maccas.

gUt

Coach
I'll have made preparations during the week for my private island to be fully stocked with alcohol, food, large television screens and dangerously overpopulated with bikini-clad bitches from those hip hop videos.

On Grand Final eve I shall dine on lobster steaks washed down with the finest Champange beer, poured down the arse crack of a Jessica Alba lookalike and into my frosty solid gold sippin' mug.

I shall order the servants to clear the table of dishes, food and bitches and demand to be carried to my largest bathroom in order to be scrubbed clean by various mostly naked models and then patted dry with towels made of finest Egyptian cotton. I shall wipe the remaining water and sweat from my arse crack with a Manly flag.

Striding manfully through my mansion, I shall throw open the double doors of my gigantic bedroom and plunge headfirst into the frenzied throng of tasty ho's on my large, circular bed. I shall outlast them all, these pretty playthings, and I shall sleep atop a pile of satisfied female flesh.

Kicking willing, beautiful s**ts out of my way I shall descend into my viewing chamber. This room will be my home for the next several hours. From my vast hot tub I will tilt my head ever so slightly back in order to allow sexy women to place tasty morsels and cold mouthfuls of the world's rarest and finest tipples onto my skilled tongue. Hovering overhead on silent jets will be the largest television screen in the universe.

I shall order silence for the 100 or so minutes it takes for the Broncos to beat the Warriors in this Grandest of Finals. I will rejoin you all after the reality of yet another Broncos Grand Final victory has well and truly been celebrated.

Last edited:

afinalsin666

First Grade
Saturday
07:00 pm Get to mums, watch League Lounge. Choke back tears.
11:00 pm Crash on mums lounge.

Sunday
10:00 am Get up, ciggarette, crack VB. Cry. Watch Sunday Roast.
10:30 am Crack VB. Cry.
11:00 am Crack VB. Watch Sunday Footy Show. Cry.
11:30 am Crack VB. Eat breakfast of some description. Cry.
12:00 pm Crack VB, Family awaken, bulldogs fan arrives. He gloats. Cry.
12:30 pm Crack VB, friends arrive. Get ridiculed. Cry.
02:00 pm Crack VB, Cheer for warriors. Cry.
02:30 pm Crack VB, accept warriors. Don't cry.
03:00 pm Crack VB.
03:30 pm Crack VB.
04:00 pm Crack VB, get annoyed at the News. Go outside, try to smoke enough to keep me from craving til halftime. Order Pizza.
04:30 pm Crack VB, 14 Warriors bandwagoners shout down the lone Manly fan. Eat pizza. An embarassing number of grown men sing drunkenly to Kelly Clarkson.
05:00 pm Crack VB. Drunken Haka. Boo Manly. Kick off. Glance forlornly at my Grand Final champagne, bought at the start of last year. Unopened again. Sigh.
05:30 pm Crack VB. Manly are up 18-8. Angry.
06:00 pm Crack VB, second half starts. Warriors run from left-to-right, the logical way to run. Sides running right to left have a win rate of close to 80 percent. They have this.
06:30 pm Crack VB, Manly lead 24-20 with 10 to go. Couldn't hear a gunshot the place is so loud.
07:00 pm Crack celebratory VB, Warriors win their maiden premiership to an Inu try. Manly fan leaves. Nobody cares.

07:00-09:00 pm Probably passing out.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
SK's Grand Final Day of Barrffy Goodness...

Wake up around midday.

LOL@50uff$.

Barf.

Scratch my a**

Have a shower.

Eat 6 Weetbix with milk.

Drink beer.

Barf.

Brush Teef.

Fart.

Watch NRL preliminary matches.

Drink beer.

Grumble about fumbleball promos during ad break. I'm looking at you Foxtel, you'd be nothing without NRL subscribers in QLD and NSW.

Grab another 6 pack from the fridge ready for the big one.

Cheer as Mr T crashes onto the ANZ Stadium pitch in an M1 Abrams Tank, drives right up to David Gallop and yells out "You're not an NRL CEO..you're pathetic! I catch you talking down the NRL TV rights again, you're gonna meet my friend PAIN!". Laugh as 80 000 spectators yell out "Gallop...GET SOME NUTS ARRRGGGGHHH"

Do a poor imitation of the Haka in front of the TV even though I'm supposed to be a patriotic Aussie.

Boo as Manly run out. God I hate them.

Barf.

Sing the Australian National Anthem with pride and then yell out "Go Warriors!"

Scratch my a**.

Listen to Rabs and Gus b*tch and moan like a pair of old woman over some pink shoes worn by one of the players.

Hear Shane Hayne tell Kieran Foran "Go away...I've had a gutful of you." Watch Kieran Foran blow his smokestack and knock Hayne's head off. Foran sent off for the remainder of the Grand Final. Jamie Buhrer goes to 5/8.

Holler at my mate's missus for more munchies to be brought out. Get cuffed over the head from my mate for being an insolent grub.

Drink beer.

Barf.

My mate's missus walks over to the couch and pours chips all over me. I start eating them.

LOL@50uff$ because they will never see October in my lifetime.

Fart.

Half time break. Rant on about how much I hate Manly. Grab another 6 pack from the fridge.

Try and understand what Fred is trying to tell the commentary box from the sidelines. Something to do with hotdogs and an Arabian a** bandit.

Watch as a streaker runs across the pitch and tackles Tony Archer.

Drink beer very rapidly to drown out the memory of that awful image.

Watch Watmong send Kevin Locke out on a stretcher.

Drink beer.

Watch Feleti Mateo throw Watmong into the stands on his next run.

Drink beer. Call for more chips to get dumped on me.

Watch Shaun Johnson pull off an Andrew Johns-esque last minute play to send Bill Tupou over for the winning grand final try.

Dance around the lounge room like the ape man.

Drink beer.

Watch the whole stadium pull off the biggest Haka you've ever bloody seen. Even the Manly players join in.

LOL@Dunniesman.

Barf.

LOL@50uff$

Have BBQ.

Brush Teef.

Sleep.

Would Sir mind if this became law in my household?

My Grand Final day will be as follows:

- Wake up at 6am
- 6:05 am, brush my teeth with raw coffee granuals, follow that down with redbull mouth wash
- 7am, start watching the coverage

The lack of alcohol is disappointing. What's the social norms on drinking? Is drinking in the morning bad because it's the morning or because you've only just woken up? I fancy switching to night-shifts and sinking some beers after work, at 6 am in the morning...

A bbq in the morning could be in order too. Hopefully the neighbours don't think I'm nuts :D

joshie

Live Update Team
8am - wake up with a bright smile on my face
8.01am - cry uncontrollably when I realize storm won't be playing
9am - shower, eat breakfast, high five other bandwagon warrior fans, insult manly children
10:30 - head to the game via train, wearing my storm jersey
11-2.30 - drink up, partake in activities set up, watch some NSW cup
3 - watch the U20

4 - hate on miss clarkson from the stands
5 - go into game mode then after all is said and done party hard

thorson1987

Coach
Saturday
07:00 pm Get to mums, watch League Lounge. Choke back tears.
11:00 pm Crash on mums lounge.

Sunday
10:00 am Get up, ciggarette, crack VB. Cry. Watch Sunday Roast.
10:30 am Crack VB. Cry.
11:00 am Crack VB. Watch Sunday Footy Show. Cry.
11:30 am Crack VB. Eat breakfast of some description. Cry.
12:00 pm Crack VB, Family awaken, bulldogs fan arrives. He gloats. Cry.
12:30 pm Crack VB, friends arrive. Get ridiculed. Cry.
02:00 pm Crack VB, Cheer for warriors. Cry.
02:30 pm Crack VB, accept warriors. Don't cry.
03:00 pm Crack VB.
03:30 pm Crack VB.
04:00 pm Crack VB, get annoyed at the News. Go outside, try to smoke enough to keep me from craving til halftime. Order Pizza.
04:30 pm Crack VB, 14 Warriors bandwagoners shout down the lone Manly fan. Eat pizza. An embarassing number of grown men sing drunkenly to Kelly Clarkson.
05:00 pm Crack VB. Drunken Haka. Boo Manly. Kick off. Glance forlornly at my Grand Final champagne, bought at the start of last year. Unopened again. Sigh.
05:30 pm Crack VB. Manly are up 18-8. Angry.
06:00 pm Crack VB, second half starts. Warriors run from left-to-right, the logical way to run. Sides running right to left have a win rate of close to 80 percent. They have this.
06:30 pm Crack VB, Manly lead 24-20 with 10 to go. Couldn't hear a gunshot the place is so loud.
07:00 pm Crack celebratory VB, Warriors win their maiden premiership to an Inu try. Manly fan leaves. Nobody cares.

07:00-09:00 pm Probably passing out.

Sounds good, instead of VB though i would be on the NEW, Extra Dry or White Stag.

Moffo

Referee
I'm going to parklife so going to have some issues watching the game. Maybe watch the replay?

juro

Bench
I'll have made preparations during the week for my private island to be fully stocked with alcohol, food, large television screens and dangerously overpopulated with bikini-clad bitches from those hip hop videos.

On Grand Final eve I shall dine on lobster steaks washed down with the finest Champange beer, poured down the arse crack of a Jessica Alba lookalike and into my frosty solid gold sippin' mug.

I shall order the servants to clear the table of dishes, food and bitches and demand to be carried to my largest bathroom in order to be scrubbed clean by various mostly naked models and then patted dry with towels made of finest Egyptian cotton. I shall wipe the remaining water and sweat from my arse crack with a Manly flag.

Striding manfully through my mansion, I shall throw open the double doors of my gigantic bedroom and plunge headfirst into the frenzied throng of tasty ho's on my large, circular bed. I shall outlast them all, these pretty playthings, and I shall sleep atop a pile of satisfied female flesh.

Kicking willing, beautiful s**ts out of my way I shall descend into my viewing chamber. This room will be my home for the next several hours. From my vast hot tub I will tilt my head ever so slightly back in order to allow sexy women to place tasty morsels and cold mouthfuls of the world's rarest and finest tipples onto my skilled tongue. Hovering overhead on silent jets will be the largest television screen in the universe.

I shall order silence for the 100 or so minutes it takes for the Broncos to beat the Warriors in this Grandest of Finals. I will rejoin you all after the reality of yet another Broncos Grand Final victory has well and truly been celebrated.
Have you met Big Country?

Sleep

Juniors
Up pretty early, big breakfast. Go pick up the kegs, get stuff ready around the house. Game of footy with a bunch of friends about midday. Limp home, start up the BBQ and get stuck into the drinks about 3-ish.

Continue drinking till the game starts and throughout. Party till whenever everyone crashes out. My favourite day of the year.

hitman82

Bench
"discribe" haha.

-I'm going out on Saturday night so will probably wake up around lunchtime.
-have a shower and a feed then chuck on the Warriors gear and start nailing whatever semi-decent beer is on special.
-hopefully be drunk and obnoxious by the time my mates show up, so they instantly regret agreeing to come watch it with me.
-watch whatever build up rubbish is on.
-watch the Warriors U20s win by about 30 points.
-get nervous as f*** as the NRL final approaches; beer intake could be out of control by now.
-watch the big game amidst a torrent of curses and random racial slurs and suicidal comments.
-hope the neighbours don't call the police and the gf doesn't realise what a pig I actually am.
-if the Warriors win, drink into oblivion to celebrate; or, if Warriors lose, drink into oblivion to commiserate.
-probably hit town despite it being a Sunday and probably dead as.
-most likely end up at a strip club which will be the only thing open late.
-wake up and check the net to see who won.
-drink a blue Powerade and feel very happy I booked a day of annual leave for Monday.
-feel sad the NRL is over for a few months.

franklin2323

Immortal
Drink from about 11am onwards. Just got a TV for out the back face it to the pool and just watch and swim all day. THe women will be inside with the babies and we just cook the BBQ, Swim and Drink

ellskimore

Juniors
This is a tough question. I am yet to decide whether to do an all-nighter or go to bed earlier and wake up at 2.20am for kick-off. Oh yeah. I live in Montreal now. Time difference sucks!