What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discribe YOUR Grand Final Day

Lambretta

First Grade
6.00 get woken by kids wanting something or other
6.05 get kicked out of bed by missus to go and help the kids sort out the TV and settle arguements over who is watching what
6.10 get back into bed
6.12 get out of bed to feed cats
6.15 get back into bed
6.30 get back out of bed to sort out another fight between children over who is watching what
6.35 get back into bed
6.40 go and see why one child is crying and shouting while the other is merely shouting
6.45 give up trying to sleep and turn on tv
7.00 make breakfast for kids
7.30 sit down with cup of tea to watch tv
7.35 ask kids for 1,000th time to be nice to one another ffs

8,000 tasks around house / garden etc later

1.00 leave house to go and get friends for GF bbq
3.00 get home, get full, get footy!!!!

AuckMel

Bench
Hopefully I'll wake up and sometime before 12 I'll try and find a live feed for the NSW Cup. 2.00pm live Toyota Cup on fox, then ready for the big one.

All going well, around 8pm I'll still be wiping the tears (of joy) from my eyes.

eaglerock

Juniors
As a Manly Fan...

7am - WAKE UP
8am - LEAVE FOR WORK
830am - START WORK
450pm - FINISH WORK (MAYBE EARLIER, CAUSE THE BOSS IS A MANLY FAN)
515pm - ARRIVE HOME

AND SIT DOWN TO CHEER ON THE MIGHTY EAGLES!!!!

langpark

First Grade
6.05 get kicked out of bed by missus to go and help the kids sort out the TV and settle arguements over who is watching what
6.10 get back into bed
6.15 get back into bed
6.30 get back out of bed to sort out another fight between children over who is watching what
6.35 get back into bed
6.40 go and see why one child is crying and shouting while the other is merely shouting

Gee you make married life sound good... :D

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Wake up

Do a poo

Watch footy.

just make sure you get the order correct..

mixing up the order of tasks 2 & 3, no real drama...

mixing up the order of tasks 1 & 2, that could be an issue..

GF weekend finally!

Need to find a way to keep busy. Might check out FIFA12 on the PC, get a massage omorrow, go to the swimming pool, sauna, swim, relax, a glass of wine at night. May check in on the AFL grand final coverage, and just wait for Sunday to come. Then have a walk in the park early morning with the dog, organic sausages for breakfast, tidy up the tool shed, just keep busy. The watch a live stream of NSW cup final, and after, the rest on TV.

Come on you Warriors!!!

Moffo

Referee
The night before,stack the fridge full of pi$$

9 a.m. Cooking a big English breakfast and pre-pare for the days various snacking such as Kettle fried chips,dips,etc.

10 a.m. Start the drinking with Channel Nine's The Sunday Roast (or do the racing pre-view on Sky-Racing Channel).

11 a.m. The Sunday Footy Show.

12 Noon N.S.W. Cup: Vulcans V Dogs.

2 p.m. Under 20's Cup: Warriors V Cowboys.

4 p.m. Tune in to radio ABC up till kick-off.(or better still listen to ABC all day with the volume of the T.V. down...by this time you'll be sick of the ads by then) And a bit of dinner (if I can fit it in):lol:

5 p.m. *Warriors V Manly 2011 Grand Final*

7 p.m. Grand Final Replay on FoxSports 2.

9 p.m. Under 20's Grand Final Replay FoxSports 2.

(Between 9 p.m. and 2 a.m. Fall asleep.)

animpequins.gif

Perth Red

Post Whore
Up at 6.30 to walk the dog (no doubt with a hangover from the pre GF drink or three on Sat night!)

Decent cooked breakfast, settle down to watch CH9 pre match stuff, yippppeeee

1ish head down to the Greenwood sports bar with my Uncle, down 6 pints of Kilkenny, numerous arguments with my Uncle about RL related matters, celebration drink if Warriors win

6ish wife pickes up and drives me home. Something to eat then no doubt crashed out by 9ish!

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
I will be at ANZ Stadium serving meat pies and drinks to you rich merkins in the corporates. If I'm lucky I might even catch 5 mins of the game on the big screen.

GongPanther

Referee
I will be at ANZ Stadium serving meat pies and drinks to you rich merkins in the corporates. If I'm lucky I might even catch 5 mins of the game on the big screen.

Have the caterers of that ground still got that policy that if you want to work during the semi-finals,you have to work on the GF day?

If so,do they jack up the pay rates?

Raider_69

Post Whore
I wake up from a hang over around midday, pick up my girl and her sister from the airport around 1pm, settle in for a drinking session around 2pm, be hammered by 4pm, enjoy a warriors 3 peat by 9pm and who gives a shite by monday

granted thats best case, it all falls into heap if the eagles win

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
Have the caterers of that ground still got that policy that if you want to work during the semi-finals,you have to work on the GF day?

If so,do they jack up the pay rates?

If you work at ANZ, you have to work grand final day. Same goes for origin. Don't show up and they'll never call you back.

Standard Sunday rates.

merkins

GongPanther

Referee
Forecast for Grand Final Day.

looks like a $hitty day ahead.

Sunday 2 October

Cloudy. 12-17 c

Scattered showers, becoming less likely later in the evening. Winds southerly averaging up to 50 km/h decreasing below 35 km/h later in the evening.
Dangerous surf conditions, hazardous for coastal activities such as swimming, surfing and rock fishing, are expected.

For more details for other suburb of Sydney,see right of screen in this link:

http://www.bom.gov.au/nsw/forecasts/sydney.shtml

seaeagle sam

My GF day has started

Fed the babies (missus kicked me I'm sure and refused to get up the lazy....)

Had a smoke/cuppa/big lugie over the fence for breaky on back veranda while trying to work out when the sun will be over my mythical yardarm. Decided on 9am bourbon shot and crack a can of old school Tooheys New but got confused by daylight saving. I will play this by ear.

Going to have shit now

Jubileeboy

First Grade
My GF day has started

Fed the babies (missus kicked me I'm sure and refused to get up the lazy....)

Had a smoke/cuppa/big lugie over the fence for breaky on back veranda while trying to work out when the sun will be over my mythical yardarm. Decided on 9am bourbon shot and crack a can of old school Tooheys New but got confused by daylight saving. I will play this by ear.

Going to have shit now

lol. :lol:
Glad I'm not your neighbour !

Thanks to the no daylight savings here in Nostalgialand (qld), woke up at 4.45am ffs !
Could almost go back to bed now.

brooksy19

Bench
6.10 get back into bed
6.15 get back into bed
6.35 get back into bed

Sounds fantastic.

Latest posts