What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion re: Parra Future/3P

parra pete

Referee
It has been great to talk to you all tonite. I give an undertaking that over the next week I will answer all your q's.
The roast is a bit dry by now but I have enjoyed this time.

"there are four things that never return to you: the spoken word, time spent, the spent arrow and missed opportunity"

And the grass is greener on the other side of the fence

TheRam

Coach
murraymob: that could be one of the things to look at. Q why is the footyclub so small in membership?

Hi Bob,

Great question, and my answer to this is my own example. I used to be a member, but gave it up even though I loved having my badge and contributing to the club in my own way. But I was just sick and tired of the direction the club was going in on so many levels, which you are obviously aware of.

Finally I came to the realization that this current board couldn't give a flying fig about me or anyone else. It was like I was supporting a political party that blows a lot of wind up your arse, but nothing comes of it. All they care about really is their jobs and perks that come with it.

I support Parra, not cronyism.

Also thanks much for all your efforts and the rest of the 3P team. If by some miracle 3P make it. The first thing that I will do is reapply for membership again. Otherwise ho hum.

Cheers

the guru

Juniors
Mr Grothe,

Thank you for the answer, but if I may ask a follow up.

How do you feel that the current side is not being given that opportunity?

Regards,
Mark Hepworth

hi mark
i personally think the current players have missed the oppurtunity thru no fault of there own ,simply by the failure of not signing big name players that have been on the market , and with that we have not been able mix our best with new best .

murraymob

Coach
BoB or Guru just a left field question if elected will you all sit up in the private boxes eating caviar and drinking champagne like our mob at Penrith or on game day will 1 or 2 members sit out with the base supporters like on the hill with hollywood hearing there concerns and suggestions

Parra Future

Juniors
Belly in Brisvegas,

In response to your question about brand in other states, the honest answer is that we have looked at several avenues regarding Sydney Metro and NSW Country areas. It is not due to not caring about other states but we had to look at what we had to do locally and state wise before moving forward. I shall bring it up at the next meeting for you. I do believe that as we move forward, a National plan would be put into place. However, there are a lot of things to cover in a short period of time.

Stagger Eel,

In response to your comment, I think Penrith do it as well. I'm sure on Fox this year, I remember seeing a Wesser poster and a Sattler Jnr poster on the walls as they were heading down the tunnel. I personally think it is a great idea. One of the things that we did discuss in several meetings was having different former greats in the sheds every couple of games. I think if it was every game, it could become overkill for some of the current players.

In regards to a video display of a former great on game day, I'll let a cat out of the bag. It involves a Hall of Fame. And I am not eluding to the one in Parramatta Leagues Club. I am talking about a new one being planned which would be absolutley awesome for all fans.

MITS,

I'm not having a shot at you mate. I have been coming on this site for years as a guest viewing things but have only decided to take this step just recently due to the upcoming elections. I know you are an extremely passionate supporter, and I thought it just seemed like you were launching an attack on Bob when he was trying to answer all the questions being posted. Happy to catch up with you next Sunday so we can meet face to face and throw ideas up in the air and discuss the future. I am glad that you are interested in the other aspects behind the scenes.

Tyler Durden

Juniors
PF, Bob and The Guru..

Our club have dropped the ball considerably when it came to celebrating our wonderful past, i work fulltime at ANZ stadium and have seen first hand how Canterbury, St George and South Sydney have used their home matches to celebrate the achievements of their legends, what I'm talking about are Banners at Souths games which have the likes of Sattler and Piggins on them a ring of legends which Canterbury proudly display at the southern end of the stadium, legends who hand jerseys out to players prior to them running out and having old footage of a particular legend on the big screen and we can dedicate the day to his achievements for eg: 1 week it could be Ken Thornett the other week could be Peter Sterling and so on...

do we have plans of doing something similar to that in the future??

amen to that.
the way that the eels treat their fans in 2008 has been nothing short of scandelous.
i also work with stagger at the Stadium.

what really stinks for me was the way that our captain, Nathan Cayless was treated by the Club when he played his 200th game for the Eels.
it was a lovely Sunday afternoon, and the best that the club could do was get the announcer to say "It's Nathan Cayless 200th game for the club today" as he ran onto the field.
Nathan is a Parramatta junior, playes all his career for the eels, and probably holds the record for the most games as captain for the eels. He is now also the World Champions captain.

A few weeks later, Todd Payten played his 200th first grade game with the Wests Tigers at ANZ Stadium
it was a lovely Sunday afternoon. the Wests Tigers printed 5000 cardboard placards with Todd's name on them which they gave to the fans as they walked in. after the game, all the players stayed on the field and the club officials made a special presentation of the match ball to Todd. Todd was given the chance to also say a few words to the fans.

Funny thing is - Todd was playing his 200th first grade game. Most of them were for the Canberra Raiders. played a couple of seasons with the Sydney Roosters. then the rest with the Wests Tigers.

go figure.

bartman

Immortal
You're not wrong Tyler, I was going to add to Stageers' post that I was most impressed with the Wests gameday efforts at their ANZ home games for players and fans alike, compared to ours there (or at Parra Stadium to be honest)

Which leads me to the question for 3P... given that the Footy Club is the provider of support matches on gameday (junior grades) to the NRL entity, I think that the Football Club could help fans/members push for better gameday experience for their bucks. Obviously, when the board of the Footy Club is the exact same Board of the Leagues club too, then there may not be much push for anything. And I believe as fans and on gameday we have seen a decline in the past five years of efforts such as Stagger and Tyler have given examples, and we wonder why our crowds aren't as good as they could.

Will 3P be looking at liaising/surveying/focus groups of members/fans to help it form plans and ideas moving forward, around things like changes people would like to see about their gameday experience, which are so important for how fans feel about their club (winning or losing at the time)?

Last edited:

the guru

Juniors
BoB or Guru just a left field question if elected will you all sit up in the private boxes eating caviar and drinking champagne like our mob at Penrith or on game day will 1 or 2 members sit out with the base supporters like on the hill with hollywood hearing there concerns and suggestions

hi murrymob

dont like caviar anyway , but what a great idea for us to mingle with the supporters , i would also suggest that we get 10 or so supporters every home game to come and mingle in the boxes and they can finish off the caviar , but the supporters can get the prespective of the view and meet the sponsors .

Parra Future

Juniors

Murraymob,

Its funny you bring that up because I was having a chat with a couple of the guys assisting 3P and we had all agreed about the wasted opportunities that are currently taking place within the club and the corporate boxes of directors. What we spoke about was the fact that when elected, it would have to become predominatley more like an "attracting new sponsors corporate box". They should not be used for entertaining buddies and the likes. That is not to say it is happening now, but I do believe that they are being under-utilised. In regards to us being contactable, no doubts that will be the case.

bartman

Immortal
hi murrymob

dont like caviar anyway , but what a great idea for us to mingle with the supporters , i would also suggest that we get 10 or so supporters every home game to come and mingle in the boxes and they can finish off the caviar , but the supporters can get the prespective of the view and meet the sponsors .
Great stuff.

There's always the open air boxes in the Cronin Stand, sitting amongst the fans in full view, and always seem to be a few of them that are never used.

Maybe two Directors (Footy Club or Leagues Club, when they are no longer exactly the same 7 people) on a roster to be in one of these open boxes each game, with a badge draw or similar to invite members to join you there for the day. :thumn

TheRam

Coach
hi bartman
it is really hard to keep up with the juniors its seems to change every year , to be honest im not sure of the arrangment with wenty but if elected will find out how it all ties in , i coached our jesey flegg side in 1995 . i find it really hard not to have the reserve grade side in the same colours as our first grade team , but they are saying these are nessecary changes for the future of junior football , id like to look into that alot more

Spot on Guru. Geez I hope you guys get in.

the guru

Juniors
Great stuff.

There's always the open air boxes in the Cronin Stand, sitting amongst the fans in full view, and always seem to be a few of them that are never used.

Maybe two Directors (Footy Club or Leagues Club, when they are no longer exactly the same 7 people) on a roster to be in one of these open boxes each game, with a badge draw or similar to invite members to join you there for the day. :thumn

great idea , i think its worth while that we keep communicating with the fans in all areas , your the man bartman

HIghlands Fling

Juniors
Thanks for having a go 3P. I was also very grateful to get a call from you yesterday Guru. Thanks Parra Future for helping me out. I think you have the wrong impression of MITS. He is a very devout fan, he just isn't easily swayed to change his vote. He likes to get the whole story before making up his mind.

mickdo

Coach
I thought that this was going to be a thread where no personal attacks were made. Was that not your mantra at the start of it?

Relax Mark. When you come out swinging at clearly rhetorical statements made by political aspirants it doesn't give the impression of a swinging voter.

HIghlands Fling

Juniors
Do you need to get Denis' permission to have a BBQ in the car park next Sunday? I think you had better check or you could get another unpleasant surprise.

Latest posts