What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion re: Parra Future/3P

Parra Future

Juniors
Do you need to get Denis' permission to have a BBQ in the car park next Sunday? I think you had better check or you could get another unpleasant surprise.

We will talk to council this week. In the meantime, I am led to believe that the car spaces near the stadium (where the buses are usually parked) is actually "common ground" which means anyone can actually be there without being removed. If we are moved to there, there will be people in the leagues club carpark, directing people to where we are.

On top of that, I really don't think DF needs any more bad publicity by telling current members to get off leagues club areas prior to an election.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Stagger Since you work at the stadium will you ask the rebel ticket for a promotion to beer wench for the Penrith games.Make mine double :lol::lol:

mate I work at ANZ stadium...next time the Pennys play there drop me a PM and I'll see what I can do. ;-)

bartman

Immortal
Do you need to get Denis' permission to have a BBQ in the car park next Sunday? I think you had better check or you could get another unpleasant surprise.
I would imagine the unfenced grass areas in the vicinity come under Parramatta Park, rather than Stadium or club property. Sunday family BBQs are common in other areas of the park, can't see why this Sunday should be different for the Eels family ;-)

A great 3P idea, that current Directors would have loved to have thought of first no doubt.

hi mark
i personally think the current players have missed the oppurtunity thru no fault of there own ,simply by the failure of not signing big name players that have been on the market , and with that we have not been able mix our best with new best .

Indeed, that might be the case, but is that not a failure of the coaching staff?

I fail to see how this is an issue that could be changed by the board, given previous statements in this thread that Coach Anderson will have the complete support of the board. Will this not be his decisions to make and not the boards?

eeladdick

Juniors
murray,
As an outsider (penrith fan) what is your opinion about whats going on at parra and things happening on here this weekend ?

the guru

Juniors
to Get The Full Atmosphere You Need To Be Out With The Crowd For Sure
Im Going Now Guys , Thank You All For The Questions I Hope It Helped Make Things Clearer For You . Anymore Questions I Will Answer When I Log On Thru The Week . Thanks Eric Grothe .

Snoochies

First Grade
I deadset think there is something wrong with you Parra fans down there. I cannot for the life of me understand why you cannot get crowds to your games. I live in Brisbane and a massive Eels fan and if I had my chance would buy a season ticket every year without fail. What is depressing is listening to so called fans bagging out 3P for having a go for trying to bring culture back to our wonderful club. One thing I would promise you, if Parra relocated to Queensland, we would have alot bigger crowds here than what the Parra locals ever would. The Parra vs Brisbane game up here every year is massive and always entertaining and we have a huge Parra fan base up here. People who don't even support the Broncos will turn up and watch games as they know how to market the game and make it exciting. I'm a massive blues supporter yet QLD own us at the moment in every aspect. I congratulate 3P for bringing excitement back to the club and with the thousands of Parra supporters up here, if we could vote we would.

A quote I have heard from numerous coaches.

"If you keep doing what you have always done, nothing will change."

Parra needs change and need it now. 3P have given me the opportunity to see what they are about and never on these forums have I seen or been given the opportunity to listen to the potential hierachy of the club.

Thanks for the opportunity to give my voice and to let you know the Parramatta Eels have a huge following outside of Sydney. Most of us would only feel privelaged to have the opportunity to see our boys play at home on a regular basis, but only get the chance once a year to cheer our boys on.

Eels 09!

MITS,

I'm not having a shot at you mate. I have been coming on this site for years as a guest viewing things but have only decided to take this step just recently due to the upcoming elections. I know you are an extremely passionate supporter, and I thought it just seemed like you were launching an attack on Bob when he was trying to answer all the questions being posted. Happy to catch up with you next Sunday so we can meet face to face and throw ideas up in the air and discuss the future. I am glad that you are interested in the other aspects behind the scenes.

I am sorry but in my opinion you were. Questioning my wants and desires for the club and making incorrect statements about my opinions I take quite an offence to.

Indeed Bob was trying to answer questions but his answers were just leading to more questions which I was asking. I am sorry but his statement about the Football club vote on the NRL licence was plainly incorrect not just in year but in the intention of the motion, and I could not stand for that to go unquestioned.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
i may have missed all the action, but this has been the most interesting read on this forum since i joined..... more exciting then the fluffy kitten saga!

HIghlands Fling

Juniors
When you get in can you look at the catering contracts for the Stadium. The food is atrocious and I miss the ice cream / drink sellers visiting regularly.
The biggest issue for the STH in the Cronin Stand is a supporter nicknamed "Tackle." The bloke is mentally challenged (seriously I am not trying to be mean) but he makes the viewing experience quite painful for those who sit near him. May be the new board could give him free tickets, clothing and transport to Tigers games and give us a break.

junior009

Juniors
Certainly looking forward to next Sunday....should be very interesting. Thanks guys for coming on here and answering all the questions, you've certainly got my vote next week.

Hellsy

Immortal
Im Going Now Guys , Thank You All For The Questions I Hope It Helped Make Things Clearer For You . Anymore Questions I Will Answer When I Log On Thru The Week . Thanks Eric Grothe .

See U Eric, talk to you later

junior009

Juniors
When you get in can you look at the catering contracts for the Stadium. The food is atrocious and I miss the ice cream / drink sellers visiting regularly.
The biggest issue for the STH in the Cronin Stand is a supporter nicknamed "Tackle." The bloke is mentally challenged (seriously I am not trying to be mean) but he makes the viewing experience quite painful for those who sit near him. May be the new board could give him free tickets, clothing and transport to Tigers games and give us a break.

Amen brother!!!

bartman

Immortal
Cheers Eric, and also Bob and Colin.

It has been an illuminating thread, hopefully the start of some much needed regular fan interaction in various ways.

And looks to also be a discussion starter, with some issues raised that the fans here will likely toss around between us for the next week or more!

Thanks again for taking the time and making the effort :thumn

murraymob

Coach
murray,
As an outsider (penrith fan) what is your opinion about whats going on at parra and things happening on here this weekend ?

For me communication with fans is everything.We have had a board member Max Cowan come on for a while.to the Penrith site.I am impressed with the rebel ticket and especially MR Grothe and his willingness the mix with fans on game day.They the rebel ticket would have my vote for sure

We will talk to council this week. In the meantime, I am led to believe that the car spaces near the stadium (where the buses are usually parked) is actually "common ground" which means anyone can actually be there without being removed. If we are moved to there, there will be people in the leagues club carpark, directing people to where we are.

Considering the Leagues club is partially built on Commonwealth land that they have a 99 year lease on (taken in 1999 from memory). The rest of the land belongs to Parramatta Stadium Trust. I believe the Leagues club and the Stadium Trust have an agreement to allow for overflow parking from the Leagues club into that area when it is not being used as a paid car park (I think it is $5 a day). (6:am - 8pm Mon-Fri (Except on game days))