What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion re: Parra Future/3P

the guru

Juniors
indeed, That Might Be The Case, But Is That Not A Failure Of The Coaching Staff?

I Fail To See How This Is An Issue That Could Be Changed By The Board, Given Previous Statements In This Thread That Coach Anderson Will Have The Complete Support Of The Board. Will This Not Be His Decisions To Make And Not The Boards?

I Think Its A Failure In All Aspects Of The Club , But It Will Be The Coaches Call Who He Wants , But We Can Work Together And Suggest .

Tyler Durden

Juniors
Indeed, that might be the case, but is that not a failure of the coaching staff?

I fail to see how this is an issue that could be changed by the board, given previous statements in this thread that Coach Anderson will have the complete support of the board. Will this not be his decisions to make and not the boards?

not really.

the ceo/ board made a decision at the end of 2005 to change the head coach when his contract expired in 2006.
they decided to replace the coach that won the minor premiership in 2005 with the coach that won the wooden spoon in 2005.

the mess that we have in 08 in terms of players attitude, lack of new player recruitment, loss of talented juniors can be put to the coaching staff and the football managment team - but then, who was responsible for putting the coaching staff in place ?

I Think Its A Failure In All Aspects Of The Club , But It Will Be The Coaches Call Who He Wants , But We Can Work Together And Suggest .

I will have to disagree with you there, I think there is only one person responsible for this situation, and he is no longer at the club.

not really.

the ceo/ board made a decision at the end of 2005 to change the head coach when his contract expired in 2006.
they decided to replace the coach that won the minor premiership in 2005 with the coach that won the wooden spoon in 2005.

the mess that we have in 08 in terms of players attitude, lack of new player recruitment, loss of talented juniors can be put to the coaching staff and the football managment team - but then, who was responsible for putting the coaching staff in place ?

Indeed Tyler, the buck all stops with the Board and CEO for recruiting the coach, no doubt, but the question was how the board could work change our recruit / retain mix, it appears that Mr Grothe's comment allude to the fact that the board can suggest people to sign for the coach. Something that if indeed true, can see the board even more responsible for the on field performance of players then they currently are should the coach sign the player. One might suggest that the performance of a player is out of their hands . I know when I am asked to put down my key performance indicators, I am careful to not allow them to rely on anything I can not control. It is interesting that Mr Grothe as a perspective board member does.

johnkolc

Juniors
I am sorry but in my opinion you were. Questioning my wants and desires for the club and making incorrect statements about my opinions I take quite an offence to.

Indeed Bob was trying to answer questions but his answers were just leading to more questions which I was asking. I am sorry but his statement about the Football club vote on the NRL licence was plainly incorrect not just in year but in the intention of the motion, and I could not stand for that to go unquestioned.

I always enjoy reading what you have to say MITS and you are always willing to share your knowledge. But I can understand the reaction of PF in this instance, it came across as you wanting to undermine these guys by turning the thread into a pissing contest about who had better knowledge of the structural history of the boards etc.

May not have been your intention but that's my opinion of how it came across.

Surely you would welcome the opportunity to speak to these guys firsthand next Sunday as per the olive branch extended by PF? It's an opportunity that so many of us from out of town would love to be able to have.

Hellsy

Immortal
Indeed Tyler, the buck all stops with the Board and CEO for recruiting the coach, no doubt, but the question was how the board could work change our recruit / retain mix, it appears that Mr Grothe's comment allude to the fact that the board can suggest people to sign for the coach. Something that if indeed true, can see the board even more responsible for the on field performance of players then they currently are should the coach sign the player. One might suggest that the performance of a player is out of their hands . I know when I am asked to put down my key performance indicators, I am careful to not allow them to rely on anything I can not control. It is interesting that Mr Grothe as a perspective board member does.

Can I ask why you keep referring to the men as 'Mr .....'? and not by their names?
They have been so open on here, we are not talking to royalty, or even really superiors. Just some men who are trying to tell us what they want to do for our club.

Parra Future

Juniors

MITS,

Have you talked to the current board and is DF currently responsible for signing players, or heavily involved in swaying those decisons? Also, do you know if that was the case while Brian Smith was coach, Michael Hagan and now DA?

Suitman

Post Whore
Can I just ask everybody to stop doing one thing please?

Can those that have, please stop calling 3P the "rebel ticket".
They are not rebels. They ain't a bikie gang either. Just because those two dills at the Sunday Telgraph refer to 3P as rebels, doesn't mean we have to.

They are an alternate ticket. They are giving us an alternative.

Suity

mickdo

Coach
I always enjoy reading what you have to say MITS and you are always willing to share your knowledge. But I can understand the reaction of PF in this instance, it came across as you wanting to undermine these guys by turning the thread into a pissing contest about who had better knowledge of the structural history of the boards etc.

May not have been your intention but that's my opinion of how it came across.

+1

junior009

Juniors
Can I just ask everybody to stop doing one thing please?

Can those that have, please stop calling 3P the "rebel ticket".
They are not rebels. They ain't a bikie gang either. Just because those two dills at the Sunday Telgraph refer to 3P as rebels, doesn't mean we have to.

They are an alternate ticket. They are giving us an alternative.

Suity

Rebel!

eeladdick

Juniors
well Every body its been very interesting reading this last weekend,
i am off now to ensure i am up for work on time,
and thanks to All the P3 Ticket for giving us all some insight to their thoughts and perceptions
cheers

ParraManiac

Juniors

TBH Mark a lot of your comments tonight have the familiar arse covering yes men ring to them that we have become used to hearing, not from you as such, but from those "running" our club, and I use the term loosely. You talk about the fact you regularly question our board members about issues from this forum, I cant say you can show that there has been much success from this approach, which probably says more about our current board members, but at least you had a go. That is all 3P are trying to do, as a Parra fan I support them in that whole heartedly. I am not happy with the direction of the club, the current board shows no intentions of changing that direction. 3P are a catalyst for change and I am happy to support that come what may. Maybe you should be considering your direction and where you sit on all this as a Parra fan rather than someone who knows the current Board members well.

junior009

Juniors
TBH Mark a lot of your comments tonight have the familiar arse covering yes men ring to them that we have become used to hearing, not from you as such, but from those "running" our club, and I use the term loosely. You talk about the fact you regularly question our board members about issues from this forum, I cant say you can show that there has been much success from this approach, which probably says more about our current board members, but at least you had a go. That is all 3P are trying to do, as a Parra fan I support them in that whole heartedly. I am not happy with the direction of the club, the current board shows no intentions of changing that direction. 3P are a catalyst for change and I am happy to support that come what may. Maybe you should be considering your direction and where you sit on all this as a Parra fan rather than someone who knows the current Board members well.
Couldn't agree more.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
OK - Time for a bit of Jess input, although I’m sure it will be lost I’m amongst the arguments over the next few days..

I have the chance to vote this year, my first year with this opportunity, and what a year to begin. The pressure of choosing the best board i think possible for the club that has monopolised SO much of my heart and mind since i was 7 y-o!

I have realised that the only way to save my sanity is to look at it from a perspective i can understand. I’m a Parramatta FAN - i have experience as a fan. I can't take myself seriously when i wade into arguments about player retention and development...on that level, i have no problems with the current guys - they have appointed quality coaches and staff for the last few years, and in recent times (IE: '01 and '05) we went PAINSTAKINGLY close to achieving that title.

All i want from which ever board gets elected on Sunday the 14th is a promise that there will be an effort to make this club the envy of the NRL in terms of fan relations.
Honestly - Parramatta Fans are treated like cash cows, and they are not even milking us correctly.

As a fan, i realise that i can't win the game for them, that comes down to staff and players which has been well discussed here.

But as a fan of this club, we are not given the chance to feel a part of the team. We are totally alienated by the club, hence why this forum is so popular and such a great opportunity for the 3P guys to campaign! It’s pretty much the only place where i can meet other fans (some who are now lifelong friends) and discuss our passion. This thread is the most involved i've felt with the club in years, and the 3P guys in it aren't even a part of the club!! .....yet ;-)

There was a document compiled with help from this forum, submitted to the club in July. It compared the Eels membership and fan relations to the other NRL clubs, and offered up many great ideas for the future. These ideas were all free, and even if they only ran with a few of them, it would be a major improvement than what we’ve been served in the past.

If the current staff and board of this club don’t take the fans seriously, then i am definitely looking to 3P to improve it.